Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SnoSho is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings to meet Cutler

He's just done too well in try outs not to get picked up early. At the least the Cardinals have to be looking at him Denny has Curt Warner but I don't think whoever is left with Culter or Young he will be able not to grab. Maybe but after he got Edge, Denny seems to be running the heavy on the Offence game plan down there too he needs a QB for Fitzgerald and Boldin. Unless we trade away alot to get way into the top 10 I don't see us getting one of the top 3.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'm always hesistant about guys who explode up draft boards because of workouts.. ESPECIALLY QB's. I know Cutler's backstory, I know his Combine resutls, but I just can't shake it. Don't get me wrong, if we moved up to draft him I'd be happy.. Although I'd be scared we'd be giving up too much in terms of other picks.

I just don't think the risk is worth it.. Considering if BJ plays inconsistently in the first month of the season (which is possible as we're playing 3 very good D's in our first 3 games), we'll all be clamouring for Cutler to takeover the starting role by October.

So yeah.. Ramble aside.. Count me in the camp who would prefer us to draft a QB in the 2nd or later, and allow him to develop under BJ ready for a role either in the garbage time of this season (hopefully when we guarantee a playoff place and the NFC North Title with games to spare and want to save BJ for the playoffs) or next season.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Schaub over Cutler anyday...it would cost us less and I believe he is a better QB

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Cutler is being hyped, he'll fall on draft day...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

cullz88 is offline Waterboy

the qb of 07?????????

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

I like Cutler, Young, Leinart & Schaub. We just need to get a good QB in here so I would take any of them. Jacobs & Whitehurst are Ok too but I'm not too impressed with Croyle.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

or he don't want cutler at all and he's helping draw intrest to him or make people think they are going to draft a qb.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

SnoSho is offline Rookie

Young is also suppose to be coming in for a Vist too, wonder Childress thinks he will drop that far or is he's gauging trading up. I also kinda wonder if we have people meeting secret with Jacobs, Croyle, and WHitehurst. Havn't heard of any teams having meetings with them beyond Pro Days. Never heard the Vikings listed at any Proday other than Minnesotas either which I thought was weird.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12