Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    brbitker is offline Rookie

Vikings to make offer to Witherspoon

This is from VikingUpdate.com

Best Guesses: Top Free Agents

By Lane Adkins

Date: Mar 10, 2006

Some talented linebackers and offensive linemen will be among those making the rounds. Here are some of the best guesses for landing spots, including one with the Vikings.

LaVar Arrington – LB (Washington): The New York Giants have shown some interest in the linebacker, while the Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins have been aggressive in their pursuit.

Jason Fabini – OT (NY Jets): Representatives for the veteran offensive lineman have been in contact with the Cowboys, though at this time a deal may not be in the offing.

Adam Vinatieri – K (New England): The Dallas Cowboys are expected to forward an offer to the veteran kicker on Saturday.

Will Witherspoon – LB (Carolina): Negotiations with the standout linebacker have not gone nearly as well as the team had hoped. At this time it is unlikely a deal will be consummated prior to free agency. The team hopes to continue negotiations, but Witherspoon is expected to receive an offer from the Minnesota Vikings as soon as Saturday.

Willie McGinest – OLB/DE (New England): The Patriots and McGinest have parted ways, but the parting could be short-lived. The team would like to retain the veteran and McGinest would like to return. At this time, the dollars and cents of the equation don’t add up and McGinest is going to test the free agent player market. According to representatives, numerous teams are expected to show an interest early Saturday morning (3/11)

Kevin Mawae – C (NY Jets): Mawae is going to be a hot commodity on the open market. The Dolphins, Philadelphia, and Cowboys have shown an interest in the standout lineman. Miami and Philadelphia have needs at the position, while Dallas is an interesting destination due to Mawae’s tie to head coach Bill Parcells.

Patrick Ramsey – QB (Washington): Ramsey has been given permission to visit teams, in hopes of getting a deal done. The Redskins refuse to release the young quarterback and will ultimately take a mid-round draft selection for him. The Dolphins and Jets have been talking with the Redskins and Ramsey, with the Jets appearing to be on the verge of agreeing to a deal for the quarterback.

Daunte Culpepper – QB (Minnesota): Daily the story changes regarding Culpepper’s status. Culpepper has requested his trade or release, and the team appears inclined in fulfilling the request. Trade talks with the Dolphins, Raiders and another team appear to be heating up. The Raiders could be the most likely landing spot.

Sam Adams – DT (Buffalo): The Dolphins have expressed a serious interest in the run-stuffing defensive tackle, but it is the Cincinnati Bengals that may have the upper hand in landing the veteran.

John Abraham – DE (Jets): Denver would love to land the pass rushing defensive end to help their poor pass rush, the problem is the Jets are seeking a first-round draft selection. The Broncos have not been willing to part with the hefty price-tag at this time.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings to make offer to Witherspoon

thank u thank u thank u come to viking country ppppllllllleeeeeeasssssssee

sorry i really want him here

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Good ole speculation. Nothing solid, but i hope it happens.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

OOOOH!!! That would be a good start to FA for us...then add Edge and Brees...along with at least one OL...and we would be set until the draft!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

soy_ya is offline Waterboy

Yeah thats what i like to hear

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

I am hoping for him... :smile:
    .He would be a great addition for the purple and gold!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

personally all i think we need is 2 real good linebackers, ej henderson will do fine at his spot. this leber guy must be decent if the rumor says we might pay him more than 4 mil a year.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Still waiting for that first solid nugget of real information.

This is not it.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Vikes45 is offline Waterboy

I would love to see Witherspoon in Purple......would be a good fit in the cover 2 IMO. One of the top free agents out there

soy_ya is offline Waterboy

Especially at 25 after having three solid years. That would be a great signing for years to come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast