Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    I would rather sign Leonard Weaver than Tahi, he's terrible.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  2. #22
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.


    Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

    You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.


    Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

    You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.
    [/quote]
    LOL, two things....

    a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

    b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    re-signed Tahi...

    Chilly's making me look smarter every day.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "C" wrote:
    re-signed Tahi...

    Chilly's making me look smarter every day.
    Cuz you don't like him?

  6. #26
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912607#msg912607 date=1235671360]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.


    Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

    You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.
    [/quote]
    LOL, two things....

    a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

    b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    [/quote]

    The fact is you are quick to blame the center and much slower to blame those other positions.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #27
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    re-signed Tahi...

    Chilly's making me look smarter every day.
    Cuz you don't like him?
    Tahi? No.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #28
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50691.msg912610#msg912610 date=1235671482]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912607#msg912607 date=1235671360]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.


    Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

    You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.
    [/quote]
    LOL, two things....

    a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

    b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    [/quote]

    The fact is you are quick to blame the center and much slower to blame those other positions.
    [/quote]

    thank you!!!... if center was such a problem why are we trying to re-sign Birk...?
    RT was the biggest issue in our passing game outside of the QB... did Birk miss a call here and there? absolutely, but our line issues were the most pronounced at RT...

    how you cannot see this is beyond me... only reason we need to upgrade center is bc birk is OLD and not under contract...

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50691.msg912610#msg912610 date=1235671482]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912607#msg912607 date=1235671360]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.


    Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

    You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.
    [/quote]
    LOL, two things....

    a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

    b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    [/quote]

    The fact is you are quick to blame the center and much slower to blame those other positions.
    [/quote]
    Probably, however, I have given my reasons several times and in most cases with some pretty good data to back those things up....

    a. Tackles.
    If the QB had a pocket to step up into alot of the sacks given up by our T to the edge rushers would be negated or do you argue that one of the two ways to beat them is to ride them around the QB?

    b. QB.
    Accuracy will be greatly increased if the QB can use proper mechanics in his throw especially if he has a clean pocket to step into.

    c. WR's.
    Our WR's would have the time/lattitude to beat the press coverages they face if they had that extra bit of time a good pass protecting OL will give.

    d. Reads.
    Our QB's would have better results in getting through thier reads/progressions if they had the lattitude to stand in a clean pocket and get through more than one read before they were forced to run all over hell and back or have a DL in thier face.

    Seriously. I seem to want to go back to the stats someone provided in the "Sacks by Position" thread.
    We sure had a butt load give up by our G's.
    Seems to me that means we either have Shitty Guards or a C that can't pass protect.

    Long story short, our QB's, WR's, TE, RB, FB, etc all have a huge role in this, however, if we fix our OL problems (Starting with the Center) we will have a heck of a more effective passing attack with the same players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912631#msg912631 date=1235672344]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50691.msg912610#msg912610 date=1235671482]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912607#msg912607 date=1235671360]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.


    Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

    You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.
    [/quote]
    LOL, two things....

    a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

    b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    [/quote]

    The fact is you are quick to blame the center and much slower to blame those other positions.
    [/quote]
    Probably, however, I have given my reasons several times and in most cases with some pretty good data to back those things up....

    a. Tackles.
    If the QB had a pocket to step up into alot of the sacks given up by our T to the edge rushers would be negated or do you argue that one of the two ways to beat them is to ride them around the QB?

    b. QB.
    Accuracy will be greatly increased if the QB can use proper mechanics in his throw especially if he has a clean pocket to step into.

    c. WR's.
    Our WR's would have the time/lattitude to beat the press coverages they face if they had that extra bit of time a good pass protecting OL will give.

    d. Reads.
    Our QB's would have better results in getting through thier reads/progressions if they had the lattitude to stand in a clean pocket and get through more than one read before they were forced to run all over hell and back or have a DL in thier face.

    Seriously. I seem to want to go back to the stats someone provided in the "Sacks by Position" thread.

    We sure had a butt load give up by our G's.
    Seems to me that means we either have Shitty Guards or a C that can't pass protect.

    Long story short, our QB's, WR's, TE, RB, FB, etc all have a huge role in this, however, if we fix our OL problems (Starting with the Center) we will have a heck of a more effective passing attack with the same players.
    [/quote]

    1. All of those things are influenced by the center, but struggles in those areas don't necessarily mean the center in underacheiving. You are making a huge leap if that is your conclusion. The tackles are giving up sacks because they are getting beat off the line, not because there is not a pocket. TJ is inaccurate because he makes bad throws, not because he doesn't have a pocket. Our WR's struggle against press coverage because they are small/speed types, not because the center isn't blocking. Our QB struggles in his reads because he is slow in his reads, not because the center isn't blocking.

    So sure, if we had a perfect OL, other things may fall into place, but that just isn't realistic. Sooner or Later, our playmakers need to start making plays. It's very unfair to blame their struggles all on Birk.

    2. It's also extremely unfair to blame struggles accross the whole line on Birk. You say earlier that sacks given up by tackles are partly Birk's fault, because there is no pocket to step up into, then later suggest than sacks given up by our guards are Birk's fault. So now you are blaming every single sack on Birk. That is ridiculous.

    You find OL play to be very important, I get that, but does every single lineman need to be an all-pro for us to succeed? Definitely not. If anything, teams will stop blitzing when we have a WR that demands double coverage, or a QB who can consistenly take advantage of man coverage. Those solutions are just as if not more viable than replacing a perennial all-pro.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FB Tahi signs offer sheet with Cincy
    By mewario in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
  2. Lee Evans receives contract offer
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 12:48 PM
  3. Vikings make offer for Shaub!!
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 08:18 PM
  4. Vikings make offer for Shemp
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
  5. Vikings to make offer to Witherspoon
    By brbitker in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •