Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings make offer to keep Evans, Tahi

I would rather sign Leonard Weaver than Tahi, he's terrible.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Yea, I'm still not sure why the man hate for Tahi that is on this site.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.

Seems we have to have someone to harp on.
    When Cook is gone I guess Tahi is next in line for the chuckleheads to ride....
    Marr you forgot the real problem TJ..
    Fix Qb, Fix RT...if the problem persist, fire coach!
    Nope didn't forget.
    Problem is I think we have more issues than just QB and RT.

You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    tackle is a bigger issue than Center is...
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]
    Tahi did Ok considering his role. FB's have kind of gone the way of the dinosaur.
    Old puter broke or I would go get some clips of AD's runs and see how many of them he was in on were he made some gol 'darnit nice blocks.

Nope didn't forget.

You need to start at the Center of the problem.......Fix the Center of the problem and all the rest will fix themselves..... ;D
    yes it is but some will still try their damnedest to blame everything on the center. Not many are buying into it though.
    [/quote]
    LOL, two things....

a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

re-signed Tahi...

Chilly's making me look smarter every day.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    re-signed Tahi...

Cuz you don't like him?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912607#msg912607 date=1235671360]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=50691.msg912592#msg912592 date=1235669781]

Nope didn't forget.

[/quote]
    LOL, two things....

a.
    Anyone who doesn't understand that a Center has a bigger role in the grand scheme of things probably cannot be corrected....

b. Anyone who thinks I only blame the Center and don't agree that we have issues at RT, LT, WR, RB, and QB in the passing game can't be corrected either.
    [/quote]

The fact is you are quick to blame the center and much slower to blame those other positions.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    re-signed Tahi...

Cuz you don't like him?
    Tahi? No.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50691.msg912610#msg912610 date=1235671482]

Nope didn't forget.

[/quote]
    LOL, two things....

a.

[/quote]

The fact is you are quick to blame the center and much slower to blame those other positions.
    [/quote]

thank you!!!... if center was such a problem why are we trying to re-sign Birk...?
    RT was the biggest issue in our passing game outside of the QB... did Birk miss a call here and there? absolutely, but our line issues were the most pronounced at RT...

how you cannot see this is beyond me... only reason we need to upgrade center is bc birk is OLD and not under contract...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Nope didn't forget.

[/quote]
    LOL, two things....

a.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Probably, however, I have given my reasons several times and in most cases with some pretty good data to back those things up....

a. Tackles.
    If the QB had a pocket to step up into alot of the sacks given up by our T to the edge rushers would be negated or do you argue that one of the two ways to beat them is to ride them around the QB?

b. QB.
    Accuracy will be greatly increased if the QB can use proper mechanics in his throw especially if he has a clean pocket to step into.

c. WR's.
    Our WR's would have the time/lattitude to beat the press coverages they face if they had that extra bit of time a good pass protecting OL will give.

d. Reads.
    Our QB's would have better results in getting through thier reads/progressions if they had the lattitude to stand in a clean pocket and get through more than one read before they were forced to run all over hell and back or have a DL in thier face.

Seriously. I seem to want to go back to the stats someone provided in the "Sacks by Position" thread.
    We sure had a butt load give up by our G's.
    Seems to me that means we either have Shitty Guards or a C that can't pass protect.

Long story short, our QB's, WR's, TE, RB, FB, etc all have a huge role in this, however, if we fix our OL problems (Starting with the Center) we will have a heck of a more effective passing attack with the same players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50691.msg912631#msg912631 date=1235672344]

Nope didn't forget.

[/quote]
    LOL, two things....

a.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Probably, however, I have given my reasons several times and in most cases with some pretty good data to back those things up....

a. Tackles.
    If the QB had a pocket to step up into alot of the sacks given up by our T to the edge rushers would be negated or do you argue that one of the two ways to beat them is to ride them around the QB?

b. QB.
    Accuracy will be greatly increased if the QB can use proper mechanics in his throw especially if he has a clean pocket to step into.

c. WR's.
    Our WR's would have the time/lattitude to beat the press coverages they face if they had that extra bit of time a good pass protecting OL will give.

d. Reads.
    Our QB's would have better results in getting through thier reads/progressions if they had the lattitude to stand in a clean pocket and get through more than one read before they were forced to run all over hell and back or have a DL in thier face.

Seriously. I seem to want to go back to the stats someone provided in the "Sacks by Position" thread.

We sure had a butt load give up by our G's.
    Seems to me that means we either have Shitty Guards or a C that can't pass protect.

Long story short, our QB's, WR's, TE, RB, FB, etc all have a huge role in this, however, if we fix our OL problems (Starting with the Center) we will have a heck of a more effective passing attack with the same players.
    [/quote]

1. All of those things are influenced by the center, but struggles in those areas don't necessarily mean the center in underacheiving. You are making a huge leap if that is your conclusion. The tackles are giving up sacks because they are getting beat off the line, not because there is not a pocket. TJ is inaccurate because he makes bad throws, not because he doesn't have a pocket. Our WR's struggle against press coverage because they are small/speed types, not because the center isn't blocking. Our QB struggles in his reads because he is slow in his reads, not because the center isn't blocking.

So sure, if we had a perfect OL, other things may fall into place, but that just isn't realistic. Sooner or Later, our playmakers need to start making plays. It's very unfair to blame their struggles all on Birk.

2. It's also extremely unfair to blame struggles accross the whole line on Birk. You say earlier that sacks given up by tackles are partly Birk's fault, because there is no pocket to step up into, then later suggest than sacks given up by our guards are Birk's fault. So now you are blaming every single sack on Birk. That is ridiculous.

You find OL play to be very important, I get that, but does every single lineman need to be an all-pro for us to succeed? Definitely not. If anything, teams will stop blitzing when we have a WR that demands double coverage, or a QB who can consistenly take advantage of man coverage. Those solutions are just as if not more viable than replacing a perennial all-pro.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast