Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Vikings Make Contact With Hutchinson

I really really hope that they are not going to be signing Chester Taylor as our #1 RB. This would not be much of an upgrade if any. With the amount of cap room I have no idea why they would not at least make a run at James, it just seems silly not to.

Get Hutchinson in here! If we can sure up the line and land a couple studs like this it might not matter who's running back there!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

mckinney, hutchinson, birk. talk about upfront powers. :shock:

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Singer is right that other teams probably got the jump on some FAs. We can only call so many people at once. I do not understand why everyone is down on Chester Taylor. Sure he was a backup to Jamal Lewis ( a person that rushed for 2000 yards) that the Ravens wanted to give anothr chance. If you watched the Ravens you would have seen Taylor get more touches as the year progressed and he did very well. He can be a good fit for the WCO. If we don't get Edge, I wouldn't mind Taylor.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I think thats a good signing. We'd be solid at OL for years to come. Man! Hutchinson is an amazing guard. Commanding 6 million a year is asking somewhat a lot though, I'm not sure if I'd give him that much.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I hope they make a serious run for Hutch.. With that said, why are we setting up a meeting with Chester Taylor and not Edgerrin James? FA just starts, and your first order of business is to bring in Chester Taylor for a interview?

I am sorry to be critical, but if this is any indication how our offseason is going to go, we are in serious trouble. We can't go after career backups and expect to be in contention for a SB.
    Perhaps some other teams got the jump on us & he has interviews already set up for awhile.

I hear ya Singers, but if that was the case why don't they say James has meetings scheduled with, and put all the teams that have meetings scheduled with him in there? Brees has meetings scheduled with New Orleans, and Miami this weekend, and they said that. I just think that the Vikes are really high on Taylor, and don't want to go after any of the other rb's. If that is the case, I would rather stick with Moore, and Smith and save the money.. You know what I mean?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"vikes09" wrote:
    mckinney, hutchinson, birk. talk about upfront powers. :shock:

Well hot damn our left side would be amazing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Taylor isn't going to command that much money. He is an upgrade.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

Don't we have to give up two first round picks to get a guy off of the transition tag? I thought I had read that someplace. If that were the case I would want Bentley and move him to guard. But I can deal with Hutchinson! He's a beast.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I hope they make a serious run for Hutch.. With that said, why are we setting up a meeting with Chester Taylor and not Edgerrin James? FA just starts, and your first order of business is to bring in Chester Taylor for a interview?

I am sorry to be critical, but if this is any indication how our offseason is going to go, we are in serious trouble. We can't go after career backups and expect to be in contention for a SB.
    Perhaps some other teams got the jump on us & he has interviews already set up for awhile.

I hear ya Singers, but if that was the case why don't they say James has meetings scheduled with, and put all the teams that have meetings scheduled with him in there? Brees has meetings scheduled with New Orleans, and Miami this weekend, and they said that. I just think that the Vikes are really high on Taylor, and don't want to go after any of the other rb's. If that is the case, I would rather stick with Moore, and Smith and save the money.. You know what I mean?
    Because I don't believe the Vikings organization is going to go public with all there moves.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Because I don't believe the Vikings organization is going to go public with all there moves.

They sure made it a point to let everyone know that they were meeting with Chester Taylor today :angry5: They also have made it a point to let everyone know they have made contact with Steve Hutchinson :cheers:

I just don't think they have any desire to go after James, Brees, or any of the 3 top kickers Vanderjagt, Vinateri, or Longwell. :cry:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast