Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 198
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    We've been chosing the coaches?
    ???

    Uh oh!
    Apparently, I've missed a few owners meetings.
    Dos anyone have notes I could copy?
    Was Zygi ok with OUR selection of the new DC Frazier, or did he have objections that we over-ruled?
    ???



    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  2. #22
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    He was released, dude.

    That means he is not a part of any team, therefore no one to trade with.

    All we'd have to do is pay him, and he'll probably be inexpensive.

    I say go for it. He obviously wouldn't be our franchise, and not a long-term solution. He's just here to help us win and teach our young guys for a couple years.

    Intelligence can be learned, but wisdom ONLY stems from experience. We don't have any of that at WR.
    Correction:
    Knowledge can be learned...intelligence is genetic...either you have it or you don't!


    But, yes, I agree that Moulds could help stabilize our WR corps until our young WRs learn to step up and deliver.
    Intelligence is multifactorial, and probably more environmentally based than genetically based :P
    Yea! What Italian said.

    Duh Cajun.

    lol jk Cajun, keep your panties on.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    Hmmm.
    Isn't M.Robinson 32-33 years old?
    Those who object to pursuing Moulds for ONE year because he is 33, and who also objected to the dumping of
    M.Robinson because he was effective are inconsistent to say the least.


    My key question is how healthy has Moulds been over the last 2-3 years?
    That (high injury frequency) was a key reason M.Robinson was released.



    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  4. #24
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Isn't M.Robinson 32-33 years old?
    Those who object to pursuing Moulds for ONE year because he is 33, and who also objected to the dumping of
    M.Robinson because he was effective are inconsistent to say the least.


    My key question is how healthy has Moulds been over the last 2-3 years?
    That (high injury frequency) was a key reason M.Robinson was released.




    Im pretty sure it was because he complained about Childress.

    At the least Moulds could teach guys some tricks of the WR trade.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Isn't M.Robinson 32-33 years old?
    Those who object to pursuing Moulds for ONE year because he is 33, and who also objected to the dumping of
    M.Robinson because he was effective are inconsistent to say the least.


    My key question is how healthy has Moulds been over the last 2-3 years?
    That (high injury frequency) was a key reason M.Robinson was released.




    Im pretty sure it was because he complained about Childress.

    At the least Moulds could teach guys some tricks of the WR trade.
    How sure?

    You left out some details.

    I recall a lot of games missed by M.Robinson, then Childress benching him, then complaints to the press by M.Robinson, then his release.
    That's a completely different situation than ONLY 'whining' causing his release.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    We've been chosing the coaches?
    ???

    Uh oh!
    Apparently, I've missed a few owners meetings.
    Dos anyone have notes I could copy?
    Was Zygi ok with OUR selection of the new DC Frazier, or did he have objections that we over-ruled?
    ???



    Thats funny I don't care who you are
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Isn't M.Robinson 32-33 years old?
    Those who object to pursuing Moulds for ONE year because he is 33, and who also objected to the dumping of
    M.Robinson because he was effective are inconsistent to say the least.


    My key question is how healthy has Moulds been over the last 2-3 years?
    That (high injury frequency) was a key reason M.Robinson was released.




    Im pretty sure it was because he complained about Childress.

    At the least Moulds could teach guys some tricks of the WR trade.
    How sure?

    You left out some details.

    I recall a lot of games missed by M.Robinson, then Childress benching him, then complaints to the press by M.Robinson, then his release.
    That's a completely different situation than ONLY 'whining' causing his release.
    Well maybe if he didnt complain he wouldnt have been released so abruptly. Didnt say it was the only reason, but maybe it was the 'key' reason he was let go on Christmas Eve, and not at the end of the season.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Isn't M.Robinson 32-33 years old?
    Those who object to pursuing Moulds for ONE year because he is 33, and who also objected to the dumping of
    M.Robinson because he was effective are inconsistent to say the least.


    My key question is how healthy has Moulds been over the last 2-3 years?
    That (high injury frequency) was a key reason M.Robinson was released.




    Im pretty sure it was because he complained about Childress.

    At the least Moulds could teach guys some tricks of the WR trade.
    How sure?

    You left out some details.

    I recall a lot of games missed by M.Robinson, then Childress benching him, then complaints to the press by M.Robinson, then his release.
    That's a completely different situation than ONLY 'whining' causing his release.
    Well maybe if he didnt complain he wouldnt have been released so abruptly. Didnt say it was the only reason, but maybe it was the 'key' reason he was let go on Christmas Eve, and not at the end of the season.
    Malingering(s) after an injury(ies) caused M.Robinson's benching.

    M.Robinson's benching caused him to whine about it to the press.

    The timing of his release was controlled by M.Robinson's whining a day or two before Christmas Eve.


    The reasons for M.Robinson's release were two-fold; 1. conduct not conducive to team unity and harmony, and 2. a poor record of frequent injuries followed by (coaches and trainers perception of) malingering.

    NOT waiting until the end of the year to release him:
    1. prevented additional time for M.Robinson to create more lockerroom dissension, and 2. improved coaches ability to assess young WRs by giving them more playing time.


    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  9. #29
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Isn't M.Robinson 32-33 years old?
    Those who object to pursuing Moulds for ONE year because he is 33, and who also objected to the dumping of
    M.Robinson because he was effective are inconsistent to say the least.


    My key question is how healthy has Moulds been over the last 2-3 years?
    That (high injury frequency) was a key reason M.Robinson was released.




    Im pretty sure it was because he complained about Childress.

    At the least Moulds could teach guys some tricks of the WR trade.
    How sure?

    You left out some details.

    I recall a lot of games missed by M.Robinson, then Childress benching him, then complaints to the press by M.Robinson, then his release.
    That's a completely different situation than ONLY 'whining' causing his release.
    Well maybe if he didnt complain he wouldnt have been released so abruptly. Didnt say it was the only reason, but maybe it was the 'key' reason he was let go on Christmas Eve, and not at the end of the season.
    Malingering(s) after an injury(ies) caused M.Robinson's benching.

    M.Robinson's benching caused him to whine about it to the press.

    The timing of his release was controlled by M.Robinson's whining a day or two before Christmas Eve.


    The reasons for M.Robinson's release were two-fold; 1. conduct not conducive to team unity and harmony, and 2. a poor record of frequent injuries followed by (coaches and trainers perception of) malingering.

    NOT waiting until the end of the year to release him:
    1. prevented additional time for M.Robinson to create more lockerroom dissension, and 2. improved coaches ability to assess young WRs by giving them more playing time.


    Right. So you agree with me that Robinson was released because he complained and created tension amongst the team.

    Had he been a happy camper and helped the other WRs instead of being a grouch he would have been with the team till the end of the season.

    Im glad we are on the same page
    ;D

  10. #30
    minnesotapride is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    48

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    Lets sign him. Hes worth the shot.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Eric Moulds Thread
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 07:27 PM
  2. Eric Moulds?
    By PoohBearsCubbie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
  3. Get WR Eric Moulds in FA?
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
  4. Eric Moulds Released
    By SuperVikes07 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:17 AM
  5. MOVED: Eric Moulds Released
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •