Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 198
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "WileEViking" wrote:
    Probably the best guy out there at a need position.Sign him to a two year deal and draft a couple of guys.Childress doesn't seem too inclined to address the obvious needs of the team this year.This has me worried...
    Might be right.
    I am probably over analyzing again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    Moulds wouldn't be a bad pick up for the leadership role that the WR crew lacks.
    I would like that pick up.
    He has good hands and 33 isn't that old for the WR position.
    Some could be productive into their late 30s.
    He still has a couple good years left.

  3. #13
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "PacMan21" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076522.html

    The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds...
    Just received a recording of the conversation.

    Chilly: Yo Moulds, w'ap man?
    Moulds: wha holmes?
    Chilly: Minny for a few?
    Moulds: you crazy man, it's damn cold there
    Chilly:
    Moulds: you still there?
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Well, I best be on my way.
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Click
    Chilly: Hello?
    You still there?


    Reporter: "The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds..."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "PacMan21" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076522.html

    The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds...
    Just received a recording of the conversation.

    Chilly: Yo Moulds, w'ap man?
    Moulds: wha holmes?
    Chilly: Minny for a few?
    Moulds: you crazy man, it's gol 'darnit cold there
    Chilly:
    Moulds: you still there?
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Well, I best be on my way.
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Click
    Chilly: Hello?
    You still there?


    Reporter: "The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds..."
    Prophet,


    You might be on something here.
    They don't have Verizon.
    To many dropped calls.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc


    Formerly Viking24

  6. #16
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like to read between the lines on everything, even to the point of being anal about it sometimes.

    In this instance I would add that Moulds was with the Texans.
    +

    Carr was released by the Texans.

    HMMMMMMMM
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    ;D

    Great minds think alike!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #17
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    He was released, dude.

    That means he is not a part of any team, therefore no one to trade with.

    All we'd have to do is pay him, and he'll probably be inexpensive.

    I say go for it. He obviously wouldn't be our franchise, and not a long-term solution. He's just here to help us win and teach our young guys for a couple years.

    Intelligence can be learned, but wisdom ONLY stems from experience. We don't have any of that at WR.
    -Sno

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    He was released, dude.

    That means he is not a part of any team, therefore no one to trade with.

    All we'd have to do is pay him, and he'll probably be inexpensive.

    I say go for it. He obviously wouldn't be our franchise, and not a long-term solution. He's just here to help us win and teach our young guys for a couple years.

    Intelligence can be learned, but wisdom ONLY stems from experience. We don't have any of that at WR.
    Correction:
    Knowledge can be learned...intelligence is genetic...either you have it or you don't!


    But, yes, I agree that Moulds could help stabilize our WR corps until our young WRs learn to step up and deliver.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "ViKing24" wrote:

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    Hey thats a new spin on it.
    Maybe we need to add Bevell to the Quote now.
    Thoughts
    :

    I like it when someone blames Childress. Its like it is a secret code for "My opinion is worthless because I don't know what I'm talking about"
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

    All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    He was released, dude.

    That means he is not a part of any team, therefore no one to trade with.

    All we'd have to do is pay him, and he'll probably be inexpensive.

    I say go for it. He obviously wouldn't be our franchise, and not a long-term solution. He's just here to help us win and teach our young guys for a couple years.

    Intelligence can be learned, but wisdom ONLY stems from experience. We don't have any of that at WR.
    Correction:

    Knowledge can be learned...intelligence is genetic...either you have it or you don't!


    But, yes, I agree that Moulds could help stabilize our WR corps until our young WRs learn to step up and deliver.
    Intelligence is multifactorial, and probably more environmentally based than genetically based :P


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Eric Moulds Thread
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 07:27 PM
  2. Eric Moulds?
    By PoohBearsCubbie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
  3. Get WR Eric Moulds in FA?
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
  4. Eric Moulds Released
    By SuperVikes07 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:17 AM
  5. MOVED: Eric Moulds Released
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •