Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.

"WileEViking" wrote:
    Probably the best guy out there at a need position.Sign him to a two year deal and draft a couple of guys.Childress doesn't seem too inclined to address the obvious needs of the team this year.This has me worried...
    Might be right.
    I am probably over analyzing again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Moulds wouldn't be a bad pick up for the leadership role that the WR crew lacks.
    I would like that pick up.
    He has good hands and 33 isn't that old for the WR position.
    Some could be productive into their late 30s.
    He still has a couple good years left.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"PacMan21" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076522.html

The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds...
    Just received a recording of the conversation.

Chilly: Yo Moulds, w'ap man?
    Moulds: wha holmes?
    Chilly: Minny for a few?
    Moulds: you crazy man, it's damn cold there
    Chilly:
    Moulds: you still there?
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Well, I best be on my way.
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Click
    Chilly: Hello?
    You still there?

Reporter: "The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds..."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "PacMan21" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076522.html

The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds...
    Just received a recording of the conversation.

Chilly: Yo Moulds, w'ap man?
    Moulds: wha holmes?
    Chilly: Minny for a few?
    Moulds: you crazy man, it's gol 'darnit cold there
    Chilly:
    Moulds: you still there?
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Well, I best be on my way.
    Chilly:
    Moulds: Click
    Chilly: Hello?
    You still there?

Reporter: "The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds..."
    Prophet,

You might be on something here.
    They don't have Verizon.
    To many dropped calls.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc

Formerly Viking24

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I like to read between the lines on everything, even to the point of being anal about it sometimes.

In this instance I would add that Moulds was with the Texans.
    +

Carr was released by the Texans.

HMMMMMMMM
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    ;D

Great minds think alike!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"ViKing24" wrote:
    I won't be very impressed if he trades to get a 33 year old WR who did very mediocre at best last season. As well as not pursue a guy like Carr especially when he won't even have to give up a draft pick for the guy. Also the chances are extremely slim now that we draft Brady Quinn many are saying he goes to the Lions or Browns. So I think Brad Childress will probably pick a guy like Gaines Adams. This is even considering the fact that we have draft a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round for 3 straight years 2003,2004,2005. So in a sense if we draft another lineman that would just be another dead head move matt millen would make.

All the idiots we choose to run this franchise- Brad Childress, Darrel Bevell etc
    He was released, dude.

That means he is not a part of any team, therefore no one to trade with.

All we'd have to do is pay him, and he'll probably be inexpensive.

I say go for it. He obviously wouldn't be our franchise, and not a long-term solution. He's just here to help us win and teach our young guys for a couple years.

Intelligence can be learned, but wisdom ONLY stems from experience. We don't have any of that at WR.
    -Sno

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:

He was released, dude.

I say go for it. He obviously wouldn't be our franchise, and not a long-term solution. He's just here to help us win and teach our young guys for a couple years.

Intelligence can be learned, but wisdom ONLY stems from experience. We don't have any of that at WR.
    Correction:
    Knowledge can be learned...intelligence is genetic...either you have it or you don't!

But, yes, I agree that Moulds could help stabilize our WR corps until our young WRs learn to step up and deliver.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"ViKing24" wrote:

Hey thats a new spin on it.
    Maybe we need to add Bevell to the Quote now.
    Thoughts
    :

I like it when someone blames Childress. Its like it is a secret code for "My opinion is worthless because I don't know what I'm talking about"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:

He was released, dude.

Correction:

Knowledge can be learned...intelligence is genetic...either you have it or you don't!

But, yes, I agree that Moulds could help stabilize our WR corps until our young WRs learn to step up and deliver.
    Intelligence is multifactorial, and probably more environmentally based than genetically based :P

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast