Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mogwai is offline Starter

Re: Vikings Low-Ball Burleson

he's the only true route runner we have.taylor is okay but,he is not nate...love the nate..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    we must keep burelson. am i the only one who thinks he is our best WR by far?
    Nope I would have to agree with you greg is his our most complete WR by far. What I have a question on is....is that considered our final offer then? OR if some teams comes in with like a million dollar contract could we still match that?

Burleson's agent has already said that he is not discouraged with that offer. He said the Vikes and Burleson are still talking about a long term contract offer.. I think what the Vikes are doing is seeing what he is worth on the market. If another team makes him an offer and the Vikes feel that he is worth it then they will match it. If they think someone is paying to much for him, then they get a 3rd draft pick for him.. It really is a win/win situation for the Vikes. They make sure that they don't over spend on him, and may actually get him cheaper that thet original plan..
    Thats what I was trying to say above WVikesfaninWis,

It's really a good move for the Vikes and Nate, Win Win all the way..

I really think he will be with us this season though.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

lets see here, t.o. a lot of money, krob a lot of money. or give up a 3rd rounder and less than half the money for a young receiver with a lot of potential umm yeah someone will go after burleson.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"gregair13" wrote:
    we must keep burelson. am i the only one who thinks he is our best WR by far?
    i agree, he played all season with 4 or 5 serious injuries all at the same time..this guy is dangerous as hellllll when he is healthy..koren robinson has yet to show me anything since i still remember watching him in seattle dropping pass after pass after pass..koren is a kick returner and 3rd or 4th option at best..this team needs burleson to sign a long term deal for a decent amount of money, and have a couple of injury free seasons..then all of you will be on his bandwagon..the problem with the vikings is that we really dont have any legitimate talent at WR..we have 4 guys who would make really good 3rd or 4th receivers, with 1 solid starting quality receiver who was just unfortunate and couldnt stay healthy last year..people overrate our receiving corp on this website..mediocrity isnt good enough for me
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the reason we offered him a deal for such a small amount of money is so that anybody offering him a contract will not go too high above that amount..people will not pour in with rediculous amounts of money for him, allowing us to match any offer for less money that we would have to pay him if we signed him long term right away..now we can wait for some team to offer him 1-1.5 million, and when nate realizes nobody is going to go much higher, he will eventually agree to that amount..that is when we come in and nab him by matching the contract..in the end we will get him for less guarenteed
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123