Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings look to youth, Draft to bulid!

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    Well hopefully prophet we can get some good rookies this year too...apparently.
    Personally, I like to rely on the opinions of teenagers for all FA and draft decisions.
    They are obviously much wiser than people that have coached professionally longer than they have been alive.

I absolutely love that post Prophet...I am laughing my arse off....lol
    lol...tru dat....we forget sometimes that the front office may have a plan after all, of whats going on. Sure we could overpay for some big name "FA's", but Spielman already said that they wouldn't do that.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I'm calling it what it is ... Bullshit !
    Already the press is setting the stage of excuses for throwing next year away and blaming it on the "youth" and inexperience of the team.
    This Defense is not getting any younger and by the time the "O" catches up, the likes of Sharper, Phat Pat, Winfield, etc. will be either retired or should be ... Make it happen front office, you sat on your a$$es and didn't even bother to bring in the likes of Garcia, Stallworth (be it in kiddie rehab), etc ....

Tired of empty promises.
    Chilli was brought in to make it happen and paid as such .... Get it done !!

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

"Billy" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:

* This article really did make me feel better, I think the Vikings organization is doing the right thing with this football team.
    And if we have contributions from the 07 draft class, like there were from the 06 rookies, I am pretty optimistic about the future!
    Would you expect anything other then a feel good story to come out of Vikings.com?
    I do think the organization is playing it smart by laying low this FA season and purging the team of remnants of bad regimes.
    I don't understand how people can attack last years draft when it seemed to turn out so good even though many of the players were "reaches".
    But to make it sound like these players played last year because of their skill when it might be more likely because of weaknesses on the team is propaganda.
    I agree... but after hearing all the Bitching that has been done on this site lately about not bringing in F.A. just for the sake of signing people.
    It is nice to see to see a writer from the vikings website address the issue and put a spin on it that hopefully will make some of the constant critics feel a little better about the situation we are currently in.
    Just because we don't have Kevin Curtis, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Kearny, Graham, and god knows whom else inked for next season as a viking, is not an indicator of how good or how bad our team will be this upcoming season!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:

* This article really did make me feel better, I think the Vikings organization is doing the right thing with this football team.
    And if we have contributions from the 07 draft class, like there were from the 06 rookies, I am pretty optimistic about the future!
    Would you expect anything other then a feel good story to come out of Vikings.com?
    I do think the organization is playing it smart by laying low this FA season and purging the team of remnants of bad regimes.

I don't understand how people can attack last years draft when it seemed to turn out so good even though many of the players were "reaches".
    But to make it sound like these players played last year because of their skill when it might be more likely because of weaknesses on the team is propaganda.
    I agree... but after hearing all the Bitching that has been done on this site lately about not bringing in F.A. just for the sake of signing people.
    It is nice to see to see a writer from the vikings website address the issue and put a spin on it that hopefully will make some of the constant critics feel a little better about the situation we are currently in.
    Just because we don't have Kevin Curtis, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Kearny, Graham, and god knows whom else inked for next season as a viking, is not an indicator of how good or how bad our team will be this upcoming season!

It's just like any media hack, there are very few around that can write an objective article that shows both sides.
    You read the crap from both sides and realize the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:

If you have obvious holes on a team, do not fill them in the offseason, what does that leave??

The same holes the next year, not to mention more to fill.
    K.Curtis, Kearny, Stallworth all would have filled holes so we were not drafting for NEED, instead drafting for BPA when we drafted.
    It's a reactionary attitude that causes this team to consistently be behind the eight ball in terms of talent.
    Focus on the "D", the "O" lags behind and vise versa ...
    Speilman and Chilli were brought in to get the job done, be it with high priced f/a's or diamonds in the rough to develop. You wait for the draft and it's a crap shoot that is no better than 50/50 that a player will develop in to a contributing player, more less a pro-bowler.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    Personally, I like to rely on the opinions of teenagers for all FA and draft decisions.
    They are obviously much wiser than people that have coached professionally longer than they have been alive.
    That's ageism!
    There are plenty of older-than-teen Vikings fans who haven't got a fricken clue.
    They need to be allowed to make decisions, too!

=Z=
    Case in point:
    Zeus

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Personally, after seeing some of the salaries the second tier FA's are getting I am not surprised that the Vikes are laying low. We need to have money to pay for our draft choices and if we spend like drunken sailors that money won't be available.
    I am all for building through the draft and that's why I'm a firm believer that the Vikes should trade down in this year draft with the depth of WR available. Anytime you can pick up an extra draft pick in the second round or even a low first round take it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    That's ageism!
    There are plenty of older-than-teen Vikings fans who haven't got a fricken clue.
    They need to be allowed to make decisions, too!

=Z=
    Case in point:
    Zeus

lol

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:

Yeah...the past few years most of our draft choices were on the roster the following season as well...but they didn't stick around the following year.
    On a positive note, I do hope that Ryan Cook and Marcus Johnson pan out at Right Tackle and Right Guard, respectively.
    That would give us a pretty imposing OL to go along with our imposing DL.
    Now if only we could solve the WR problem...I do have hopes for TWill...but he needs to learn how to catch with his hands first!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Personally, after seeing some of the salaries the second tier FA's are getting I am not surprised that the Vikes are laying low. We need to have money to pay for our draft choices and if we spend like drunken sailors that money won't be available.
    I am all for building through the draft and that's why I'm a firm believer that the Vikes should trade down in this year draft with the depth of WR available. Anytime you can pick up an extra draft pick in the second round or even a low first round take it.
    Totally agree Coj.
    I'm a trade-downer too.
    Like Jamie said, it's a crap shoot with a low probability of success.
    Even the so-called heros at the top of the draft board can falter.
    If the probability is low get more picks and increase your chance of success.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast