Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    They do, after all, influence a lot of the general public (non-fanatics).
    A positive media support base can go a long way toward a stadium...
    When have you EVER seen the media supportive of the stadium? NEVER! Childress could have let them film all they want and they would still be against the stadium and the Vikings.
    That is some amazing paranoia, Cojo.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    They do, after all, influence a lot of the general public (non-fanatics).
    A positive media support base can go a long way toward a stadium...
    When have you EVER seen the media supportive of the stadium? NEVER! Childress could have let them film all they want and they would still be against the stadium and the Vikings.
    That is some amazing paranoia, Cojo.

    =Z=
    Not paranoia, just fact!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #23
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    They do, after all, influence a lot of the general public (non-fanatics).
    A positive media support base can go a long way toward a stadium...
    When have you EVER seen the media supportive of the stadium? NEVER! Childress could have let them film all they want and they would still be against the stadium and the Vikings.
    That is some amazing paranoia, Cojo.
    Not paranoia, just fact!
    What "facts" do you have that prove the media is "against...the Vikings"?

    And stories that just report things which you don't like aren't proof, BTW.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #24
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    Well, if I can't use the stories that the writers write to prove a point that they are against the stadium then I have nothing,
    That's a stupid comment on your part. It's like telling me to prove that a bullet came out of a gun without a gun.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Well, if I can't use the stories that the writers write to prove a point that they are against the stadium then I have nothing
    You can use the stories to show how they influence you and your opinion of both the writer and the issue, but to use them as FACT to prove that there is some vast media effort against the stadium is another matter entirely.

    I don't buy into statements like "the media is against" such-and-such if they happen to point out things which are negative to what a particular reader wants.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    OK Zeus, I'll challenge you - Find me one story that the Twin City Media has written that is pro-Vikings stadium. Not in a quote by someone that it should happen but that the media editoralizes that the stadium should be built.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK Zeus, I'll challenge you - Find me one story that the Twin City Media has written that is pro-Vikings stadium. Not in a quote by someone that it should happen but that the media editoralizes that the stadium should be built.
    Sorry.
    Doesn't work that way.
    You don't get to make a bald and reaching statement and then challenge others to do the dirty work to disprove it.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK Zeus, I'll challenge you - Find me one story that the Twin City Media has written that is pro-Vikings stadium. Not in a quote by someone that it should happen but that the media editoralizes that the stadium should be built.
    Sorry.
    Doesn't work that way.
    You don't get to make a bald and reaching statement and then challenge others to do the dirty work to disprove it.

    =Z=
    why would he go find a story to disprove his own point
    ???

    Thanks josdin00

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    I don't think there is any way to prove or disprove any type of anti-stadium conspiracy with the media.
    I do know that the Star-Trib lobbied HARD against the Anoka plan.
    but now that they stand to make some money of the sale of land for a downtown stadium, suddenly the articles became softer.
    Hell, even Tom Powers wrote a few positive articles about the Vikings, which was really, really spooky.

    I don't know if there is any overt conspiracy, but the tone in the media rings is certainly negative toward the Vikings, and it always has been as long as I can remember.
    It is one of the things that has always drove me nuts about the Twin Cities.
    In other parts of the country, the major newspapers actually like their home sports teams...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK Zeus, I'll challenge you - Find me one story that the Twin City Media has written that is pro-Vikings stadium. Not in a quote by someone that it should happen but that the media editoralizes that the stadium should be built.
    Sorry.
    Doesn't work that way.
    You don't get to make a bald and reaching statement and then challenge others to do the dirty work to disprove it.

    =Z=
    You challenged me and I said it was impossible using your criteria. Now I'm challenging you to prove it the other way and you can't do it either -- Stalemate. I stand by my original statement -- the Twin City Media has always been negative regarding the Viking's building a new stadium.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
  2. Vikings on lookout for cameras filming injuries
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
  3. Former Dolphin Larry Czonka pleads guilty to filming charge!
    By shockzilla in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 10:07 PM
  4. how to fish & get your limit without a lot of effort
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 04:33 AM
  5. Cottrell won't limit his options
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 05:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •