Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

"Del" wrote:
    These guys are just butt hurt about going from free action buddy buddy status, to being like a lot of other reporters for teams in the NFL.

How pissed would you be if you found out that Mike Tice's actions as a coach, his accessability squandered away some very talented Vikings chances at winning, even one play or game?

Structure is good. Structure works. It doesnt matter what you are talking about if you take a system of anarchy of no structure and implement it, even if it is better, even if it will possibly make your life easier, someone who was riding the easy train before will be upset.

A new system comes online at work, a better system, something that will make life better in the long run...........people drag their feet, they complain, hell some even try to sabotage the new system..........

I see no difference here. Fact is though it is here to stay so go buy yourself a slurpee Mr. Rosen, calm yourself down and dont waste my goddamn time telling me about how you are so mad you are going to write a letter to Wilf, what are you a 75 year old woman who couldnt find your proper depends size at Wal-mart? Spend less time doing that and more time reporting on the greatest god damned football team to ever grace this planet.
    Thats what I'm talking about.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"vikingivan" wrote:
    I don't believe rival defensive coordinators are losing sleep at night thinking about what plays our offense is going to run.
    Sounds like Childress is getting paranoid.
    I'm sure they are not losing sleep over it. IN fact I think the only person losing sleep over anything are these sportscasters who dont have a free ride anymore.

I can guarantee you there are teams that watch everything we do, if it happens on a college level there is no way it isnt happening in the nfl. Practices, film, anything they can get their hands on.

You hear of teams saving special plays? Like a team will break an amazing play and they say something like.........yeah we have been working on that all year..... well if someone sees that formation and that play in some practice footage bet yer ass a note is made.

If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress isn't paranoid. It's the NFL Rule and if you think Minnesota is bad, Mr. Rosen, just ask about the policy of the Washington Redskins and other teams. One team won't allow ANY footage at practice except stand-up interviews and there can be no action in the background.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

For certain, if we ran one special play in practice other teams would know it.
    It is better to save it for the right situation in a game.
    Like the the TD Longwell threw in the Carolina game last year.
    That was definately one of the highlights of the season.
    That being said, you have to pratice it sometime.
    We don't need a bunch of media hounds showing it on the news, and then it's on the net, and teams are waiting for it.
    I see his point.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Childress isn't paranoid. It's the NFL Rule and if you think Minnesota is bad, Mr. Rosen, just ask about the policy of the Washington Redskins and other teams. One team won't allow ANY footage at practice except stand-up interviews and there can be no action in the background.
    Yeah, but the Patriots, who Rosen claims to be the most secretive team in teh NFL allows it...
    :

I honestly have no sympathy for the media.
    If the decision was mine to make, I would probably do it differently, but it isn't mine to make.
    It is Childress's, and the media needs to deal with it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters[/size]

Those who cover the Vikings have seen a definite change in coach Brad Childress' demeanor this training camp compared to a year ago. Entering his second season, Childress appears far more at ease and personable.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: August 02, 2007 – 5:45 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

The media needs to STFU!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Wasn't there a big uproar surrounding a Miami game last season due to someone watching film on them?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kingjames99" wrote:
    "What bothered me was it was, 'This is the way we're doing it and live with it.'"—Judd Zulgad.

Too bad, whiny baby. Suck it up Judd! I'd rather have info. told to me rather than release video we don't want circulated. Remember Tank Williams last year, plus there was another injury the vultures jumped all over but I can't recall.
    Fer Chrissakes, did you even read the policy?
    This is NFL fascism at it's absolute worse.
    And the person who loses is the FAN who wants information, not the media or the NFL.

=Z=
    Which policy are you referring to?
    The NFLs' policy on restricting internet video of games or Childress's verbal policy of not allowing still photo or videos during practices?

I agree that the NFL policy is ridiculous, but that isn't applicable here.
    As far as Coach Childress's policy, I don't agree with it, but I don't think that we, as fans, are really losing out on anything because we don't get to see media photos of some 7 on 7 drills.
    My mistake.
    *taps chest twice*

I do agree with Rosey that The Big Chill could have let the local press in on this a tad sooner than the day before camp opened, however.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kingjames99" wrote:
    "What bothered me was it was, 'This is the way we're doing it and live with it.'"—Judd Zulgad.

Too bad, whiny baby. Suck it up Judd! I'd rather have info. told to me rather than release video we don't want circulated. Remember Tank Williams last year, plus there was another injury the vultures jumped all over but I can't recall.
    Fer Chrissakes, did you even read the policy?
    This is NFL fascism at it's absolute worse.
    And the person who loses is the FAN who wants information, not the media or the NFL.

=Z=
    Which policy are you referring to?
    The NFLs' policy on restricting internet video of games or Childress's verbal policy of not allowing still photo or videos during practices?

I agree that the NFL policy is ridiculous, but that isn't applicable here.
    As far as Coach Childress's policy, I don't agree with it, but I don't think that we, as fans, are really losing out on anything because we don't get to see media photos of some 7 on 7 drills.
    My mistake.
    *taps chest twice*

I do agree with Rosey that The Big Chill could have let the local press in on this a tad sooner than the day before camp opened, however.

=Z=
    Yeah, I think Childress could have handled it better too.
    In fact, I really don't like his policy on filming.
    Childress is supposedly under orders from Wilf to be more approachable with the media, so I don't think it would have hurt too much for him to throw the media a bone.
    They do, after all, influence a lot of the general public (non-fanatics).
    A positive media support base can go a long way toward a stadium...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

They do, after all, influence a lot of the general public (non-fanatics).
    A positive media support base can go a long way toward a stadium...
    When have you EVER seen the media supportive of the stadium? NEVER! Childress could have let them film all they want and they would still be against the stadium and the Vikings.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast