Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

[size=13pt]Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters[/size]

Those who cover the Vikings have seen a definite change in coach Brad Childress' demeanor this training camp compared to a year ago. Entering his second season, Childress appears far more at ease and personable.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: August 02, 2007 – 5:45 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings' limit on filming rankles sportcasters

With all the love local and national media have poured out at us, all I can say is....WAAAAAAAAAAH you douche-bags. I say let the other teams wonder what we got going on up here talent and play wise. Let them take us lightly.

kingjames99 is offline Rookie

"What bothered me was it was, 'This is the way we're doing it and live with it.'"—Judd Zulgad.

Too bad, whiny baby. Suck it up Judd! I'd rather have info. told to me rather than release video we don't want circulated. Remember Tank Williams last year, plus there was another injury the vultures jumped all over but I can't recall.
    "Purple s a fruit." – Homer J. Simpson

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"kingjames99" wrote:
    "What bothered me was it was, 'This is the way we're doing it and live with it.'"—[s]Judd Zulgad.[/s] —Mark Rosen

Too bad, whiny baby. Suck it up [s]Judd[/s]Mark! I'd rather have info. told to me rather than release video we don't want circulated. Remember Tank Williams last year, plus there was another injury the vultures jumped all over but I can't recall.
    The article was written by Judd, but that quote came from Mark Rosen, from WCCO.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"kingjames99" wrote:
    "What bothered me was it was, 'This is the way we're doing it and live with it.'"—Judd Zulgad.

Too bad, whiny baby. Suck it up Judd! I'd rather have info. told to me rather than release video we don't want circulated. Remember Tank Williams last year, plus there was another injury the vultures jumped all over but I can't recall.
    Fer Chrissakes, did you even read the policy?
    This is NFL fascism at it's absolute worse.
    And the person who loses is the FAN who wants information, not the media or the NFL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "kingjames99" wrote:

Fer Chrissakes, did you even read the policy?
    This is NFL fascism at it's absolute worse.
    And the person who loses is the FAN who wants information, not the media or the NFL.

=Z=
    Which policy are you referring to?
    The NFLs' policy on restricting internet video of games or Childress's verbal policy of not allowing still photo or videos during practices?

I agree that the NFL policy is ridiculous, but that isn't applicable here.
    As far as Coach Childress's policy, I don't agree with it, but I don't think that we, as fans, are really losing out on anything because we don't get to see media photos of some 7 on 7 drills.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

“Every team runs the same plays” not true. Sure back in the stone ages when you had a 4 page playbook. The game is far more advanced then that now. The rules on shifting on formation has changed. Motions are more advanced.

The season is short. This is a violent sport. Every game, every play counts. If our coach chooses to exercise his legal right to censor the practices (LIKE OTHER TEAMS DO), then great. If it manages to save one series, one injury, one blown play all season then awesome job well done.

I can’t feel bad that you didn’t get to show your viewers a 10 sec clip of a route to go along with your description of the play. I guess you need to get viewers with better imaginations or write a better description.

Why does Rosen think Childress is lying when he says he is protecting his team? Other teams do the same thing, hell the article even said the Lions have been doing it since 2002.

Next thing he will write is he is mad that Childress covers his mouth when calling a play in……. “I wrote that childress called a draw…..but it really ruins that reporting when I cant show a 4 sec shot of his purty lips”

Get over it. It’s his right to do it. If it helps us so be it.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Just another attempt by the media to whine about their local teams as they always do. Saying the readers have the right to see this stuff is just plain bull. Have we ever had any trouble posting pictures here? Or video's for that matter. I'm sure the public can get all they want from fan sites. I think the papers should can their sports depearmtnets and just let the people read and see it here first!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

These guys are just butt hurt about going from free action buddy buddy status, to being like a lot of other reporters for teams in the NFL.

How pissed would you be if you found out that Mike Tice's actions as a coach, his accessability squandered away some very talented Vikings chances at winning, even one play or game?

Structure is good. Structure works. It doesnt matter what you are talking about if you take a system of anarchy of no structure and implement it, even if it is better, even if it will possibly make your life easier, someone who was riding the easy train before will be upset.

A new system comes online at work, a better system, something that will make life better in the long run...........people drag their feet, they complain, hell some even try to sabotage the new system..........

I see no difference here. Fact is though it is here to stay so go buy yourself a slurpee Mr. Rosen, calm yourself down and dont waste my goddamn time telling me about how you are so mad you are going to write a letter to Wilf, what are you a 75 year old woman who couldnt find your proper depends size at Wal-mart? Spend less time doing that and more time reporting on the greatest god damned football team to ever grace this planet.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

I don't believe rival defensive coordinators are losing sleep at night thinking about what plays our offense is going to run.
    Sounds like Childress is getting paranoid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast