Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through F

"carta4eva" wrote:
    I wonder who would be a viable option at wideout considering Berrian has been the name thrown around and will command slightly less money on the market than a certain somebody who is @ an impass with his contract talks with the Patriots
    8) ... bash me all you want but reading in between the lines from Zygi's comments earlier this year, to Randy's expression of desire to "retire" a viking during Media day... here's to hoping to the return of the messiah to couple with purple jesus! ;D
    Anyone got a link to this information?
    I never heard that.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through F

I don't have a link BUT what Randy specifically said was that he intended to retire a viking before he was traded, sorry my comments may have been misleading and for that I apologize. :-
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    I wonder who would be a viable option at wideout considering Berrian has been the name thrown around and will command slightly less money on the market than a certain somebody who is @ an impass with his contract talks with the Patriots
    8) ... bash me all you want but reading in between the lines from Zygi's comments earlier this year, to Randy's expression of desire to "retire" a viking during Media day... here's to hoping to the return of the messiah to couple with purple jesus! ;D
    Would I be happy if that happened?
    Sure.
    Would he fit in this scheme?
    Sure, if he continues to go across the middle like he did with the Pats as well as take an active role in blocking.
    Would he be happy in this run first, dink and dunk passing scheme?
    I don't think so.

I would be extremely suprised if Randy goes anyplace this year.
    He finally has a offense that is suited to him, a QB that can get him the ball and a chance (yup they will still do good this year) to get a ring.

Just don't see him coming to MN unless they offer him almost all of our CAP windfall.
    If you they will come.
    ;D
    If you remember the Vikings offense from 1993-1997 we had a similar run first, dink and dunk passing scheme(Except the numbers were better because we had a better line plus the QB was better and the Wr's could actually catch).

It was when Moss came in that our offense started to go deep.

The Pats in 2006 were more of a dink and dunk team too. It wasn't until they got Moss that they started to throw the long bomb with any regularity.

If we can fix the OL to give a QB time to throw the ball, it wouldn't be rocket science for this offense to put in some plays where the QB drops back 5 steps and heaves the ball down field as far as he can throw it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Sure.
    Sure, if he continues to go across the middle like he did with the Pats as well as take an active role in blocking.
    I don't think so.

He finally has a offense that is suited to him, a QB that can get him the ball and a chance (yup they will still do good this year) to get a ring.

Just don't see him coming to MN unless they offer him almost all of our CAP windfall.
    If you they will come.
    ;D
    If you remember the Vikings offense from 1993-1997 we had a similar run first, dink and dunk passing scheme(Except the numbers were better because we had a better line plus the QB was better and the Wr's could actually catch).

The Pats in 2006 were more of a dink and dunk team too. It wasn't until they got Moss that they started to throw the long bomb with any regularity.

If we can fix the OL to give a QB time to throw the ball, it wouldn't be rocket science for this offense to put in some plays where the QB drops back 5 steps and heaves the ball down field as far as he can throw it.
    I agree with everything and I believe Randy would also bring us back that type of vertical threat although I think it would take time and he would have to get used to going across the middle (as he did in NE) to make it work.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Sure.
    I don't think so.

If you they will come.
    ;D
    great take Mar... the one qualifier is that I keep on hearing that Moss will choose to go back to the Patriots to twin a ring, BUT does anyone see them winning without Belicheat? he has a suspension looming over his head, and I am sure this is going to weigh in on what #84 ultimately does...
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Sure.
    I don't think so.

If you they will come.
    ;D

I think that's a very good point.
    The Vikings have had a good vertical passing game when they had the right receivers eg. John Gilliam, Sammy White, Anthony Carter, Randy Moss.

What you are pointing out is what is missing in this offense. Troy was supposed to be that guy!
    And before someone comes on and says it isn't part of our scheme to chuck it down the field, consider that we still must have that ability to make the rest of the scheme work.

I doubt Moss will come to Minnesota. He has Brady and a shot at ring in NE. A shot at a ring is far less probable here, and he's not getting any younger. Besides, we can't really afford him. But I will dance in the streets if we do get him!

We need a productive number one receiver who can stretch the field and catch.That will make TJ a better QB and the Vikes a better team.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through FA

They hopefully gonna have to get a good one hopefully (fingers crossed).
    It would be nice to see a couple moves and see some new bodies come help contribute in the areas that need to be addressed.

IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Sure.
    I don't think so.

If you they will come.
    ;D
    great take Mar... the one qualifier is that I keep on hearing that Moss will choose to go back to the Patriots to twin a ring, BUT does anyone see them winning without Belicheat? he has a suspension looming over his head, and I am sure this is going to weigh in on what #84 ultimately does...
    No Mas!

Maybe RM will be back in a few years.
    The grass is greener in other pastures right now.
    TO and RM on the same team, that is scary and that would make the whole MCFadden better than AD a possibility.
    LOL!

Back to reality and away from turning this into a Moss thread.
    I will take Porter, the guy can get down the field.
    When he has had a QB, he has performed well.

What is the status of Hackett, haven't heard his name in a while.
    I like him also, maybe a better fit for us than Porter.

Draft, I like the a DE in the first round. but I still believe in the best player available at 17th.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Sure.
    I don't think so.

If you they will come.
    ;D

I think that's a very good point.
    The Vikings have had a good vertical passing game when they had the right receivers eg. John Gilliam, Sammy White, Anthony Carter, Randy Moss.

What you are pointing out is what is missing in this offense. Troy was supposed to be that guy!
    And before someone comes on and says it isn't part of our scheme to chuck it down the field, consider that we still must have that ability to make the rest of the scheme work.

I doubt Moss will come to Minnesota. He has Brady and a shot at ring in NE. A shot at a ring is far less probable here, and he's not getting any younger. Besides, we can't really afford him. But I will dance in the streets if we do get him!

We need a productive number one receiver who can stretch the field and catch.That will make TJ a better QB and the Vikes a better team.
    I don't want this to turn into a RM thread either but would like to add that I have a feeling Moss won't be as eager to play in NE next year after experiencing the cold at the end of the year. If you look at the drop in temps and his productivity, they almost go hand in hand and I would not be at all surprised to see him go to either a team with a roof or a warm weather team.

Imagine him jumping ship and signing with Pat's arch enemy Indy where he plays in the new Lucas Oil stadium catching passes from Manning. ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Sure.
    I don't think so.

If you they will come.
    ;D
    No Mas!

Maybe RM will be back in a few years.
    The grass is greener in other pastures right now.
    TO and RM on the same team, that is scary and that would make the whole MCFadden better than AD a possibility.
    LOL!

Back to reality and away from turning this into a Moss thread.
    I will take Porter, the guy can get down the field.
    When he has had a QB, he has performed well.

What is the status of Hackett, haven't heard his name in a while.
    I like him also, maybe a better fit for us than Porter.

Draft, I like the a DE in the first round. but I still believe in the best player available at 17th.
    carta4eva, Bellicheck seems to always have good Coordinators on his staff.
    That along with a very veteran team, I see very little in dropoff during the suspension.

Sno, thanks for getting us back on topic.

I also, still believe that Hackett is probably the best option/match for our scheme, however, I wouldn't be apposed to Stallworth or Berrian either.

Based on whats available, they are all viable options.

Truth be told, I wouldn't be to suprised to see them completely ignore the FA WR's and take a guy at 17.
    I wouldn't agree with it, but I would understand thier rationale as I have bought into the "We'll build through the draft" story hook line and sinker.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast