Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through FA

[size=13pt]Analysis: Minnesota Vikings likely to take a DE in draft's first round and fill holes at safety, WR through free agency, later rounds[/size]

Holes at safety, wide receiver more easily filled through free agency, later in draft

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 02/24/2008 11:30:29 PM CST

INDIANAPOLIS - Free agency or the draft?

With the NFL scouting combine nearly over, that is the question facing the Vikings, who have major needs at safety, wide receiver and defensive end, and have two main options for filling them....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through FA

good read, i don't really have much against anything he said.

Harvey isn't a strong run defender, but the Vikings don't need any help in that area. Also, the Vikings' inside tackle tandem of Pat Williams and Kevin Williams likely would eliminate the double-teams that helped limit Harvey to 8½ sacks as a junior with the Gators.
    i like a guy thats "limited" to 8 & 1/2 sacks lol.
    people have to know that, especially as far as DE's are concerned, MN is a very attractive option.
    Playing with a great anchor of the line already in the Williams Wrecking Crew, and knowing that you'll very rarely be double teamed.. that along with a solid LB corps & two young up-and-comers in Robison & Edwards on the other end.

Either way.. can't wait for the draft just so we're not wondering anymore

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through FA

derrick harvey and bernard berrian/jerry porter
    sounds like to good holes are filled right there
    and depending on ferg being resigned or not, another wr in the 3/4th rounds

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through F

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    derrick harvey and bernard berrian/jerry porter
    sounds like to good holes are filled right there
    and depending on ferg being resigned or not, another wr in the 3/4th rounds
    i'm assuming fergy will still be on the team this year.

no thanks to porter

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Re: Vikings likely to take a DE in 1st round, fill holes at safety, WR through F

Joy another 1st round DE draft choice........ hope this one actually pans out.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

ive got no problems with that..i still believe we need to get 2 wr's via FA..yes, im gonna say it, randy moss is a possibility, since its rumored that he could sign with dallas, but if not, then berrian is a no brainer, but we also need to get johnson or hackett in addition to berrian

it looks like dwight smiths spot will be filled by madieu williams, so thats gonna be a nice pickup
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    ive got no problems with that..i still believe we need to get 2 wr's via FA..yes, im gonna say it, randy moss is a possibility, since its rumored that he could sign with dallas, but if not, then berrian is a no brainer, but we also need to get johnson or hackett in addition to berrian

it looks like dwight smiths spot will be filled by madieu williams, so thats gonna be a nice pickup
    lol, i love that people think its even a remote possibility w/ TO on the team, unless its a complete desperate effort for a SB

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"olson_10" wrote:

How so?

You seen something concrete or just the same rumor mill stuff from sports hacks that also said things like a certain Miami LB was gonna sign with the Pats?

I agree that Williams would be a nice addition, I will believe it when I see it.
    Until then it is all smoke screens.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

I wonder who would be a viable option at wideout considering Berrian has been the name thrown around and will command slightly less money on the market than a certain somebody who is @ an impass with his contract talks with the Patriots
    8) ... bash me all you want but reading in between the lines from Zygi's comments earlier this year, to Randy's expression of desire to "retire" a viking during Media day... here's to hoping to the return of the messiah to couple with purple jesus! ;D
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"carta4eva" wrote:
    I wonder who would be a viable option at wideout considering Berrian has been the name thrown around and will command slightly less money on the market than a certain somebody who is @ an impass with his contract talks with the Patriots
    8) ... bash me all you want but reading in between the lines from Zygi's comments earlier this year, to Randy's expression of desire to "retire" a viking during Media day... here's to hoping to the return of the messiah to couple with purple jesus! ;D
    Would I be happy if that happened?
    Sure.
    Would he fit in this scheme?
    Sure, if he continues to go across the middle like he did with the Pats as well as take an active role in blocking.
    Would he be happy in this run first, dink and dunk passing scheme?
    I don't think so.

I would be extremely suprised if Randy goes anyplace this year.
    He finally has a offense that is suited to him, a QB that can get him the ball and a chance (yup they will still do good this year) to get a ring.

Just don't see him coming to MN unless they offer him almost all of our CAP windfall.
    If you they will come.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast