Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Lift Transition Tag on B. Williams

My question is wether the cap stays the same or it goes up. Since we tagged him did they count the $ against the cap or no?

elgordo is offline Rookie

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "elgordo" wrote:
    They lifted the transition tag because of the new rule in the CBA that states that the players salary with a transition tag is guarenteed. Even if you have money to burn like the Vikings do, you don't want to spend over 5 million dollars on a nickelback.
    Why not, it isn't like we will use all of our cap space anyway. Why let a quality player leave for nothing, when he could help this team this season one way or another.
    If you give a player guarenteed money and he gets hurt in the offseason you just wasted 5 million. We are not the only team that is lifting the transition tag off of players. The only team that is going to keep it is the Seahawks and it is for one of the best linemen in the league. Not a backup.

Prophet Guest

"elgordo" wrote:
    They lifted the transition tag because of the new rule in the CBA that states that the players salary with a transition tag is guarenteed. Even if you have money to burn like the Vikings do, you don't want to spend over 5 million dollars on a nickelback.
    I think that is exactly correct. They can test the market and they may have to pay him more than the 4.75M or whatever it was if the market is higher, unlikely, or maybe can pay him a little less if the market value doesn't warrant it. I would hate to see him go.

We'll have plenty to discuss this offseason, that's for sure. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

not quite... they actuall lifted it because he would be recieving more money than expected... for more: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2362994
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Not only is B-will an excellent corner but I think he was (or is, depending on what time you are reading this) with out a doubt the 2nd best cornerback in on our team. I don't want him to go.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'm with u Vikeman.. He is very very solid..

Whoever signs him is getting a very good corner

elgordo is offline Rookie

"elgordo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "elgordo" wrote:
    Why not, it isn't like we will use all of our cap space anyway. Why let a quality player leave for nothing, when he could help this team this season one way or another.
    If you give a player guarenteed money and he gets hurt in the offseason you just wasted 5 million. We are not the only team that is lifting the transition tag off of players. The only team that is going to keep it is the Seahawks and it is for one of the best linemen in the league. Not a backup.
    Here is the link to where I got my info

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    this offseason is getting worse and worse. we'd BETTER sign some great players. i'm starting to doubt the "triangle of authority"
    If you are going to get rid of DC because he doens't want to play here, it is only fair to treat B-Will the same way.

Why give into one's demands and not the other's.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

b-will isn't going to re-sign here. Since last season's contract gripe, his agent has made it clear that it is very unlikely that he would re-sign. I would say no chance at all. The Vikes pissed him off by signing Smoot and he wants to start and be paid like a starter without looking over his shoulder all the time. It sucks to see him go, but business is business.

Thanks Lotza!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

:scratch: Strange move, IMO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast