Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (20-25 Aug. 2008)

Vikings | Hicks works with first team Saturday
    Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:16:35 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings OG Artis Hicks received work with the first team at left tackle Saturday, Aug. 23, in case OT Bryant McKinnie is suspended for his involvement in a fight outside a Miami nightclub in February.

I thought this was a given...when is Goodell going to make his decision?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Vikings | Booty could be the favorite for No. 3 job
    Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:51:29 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings QB John David Booty, a fifth-round draft choice in April, played the final 18 minutes Saturday, Aug. 23, while QB Brooks Bollinger did not see the field.
    I was sitting here wondering to myself when something came to light.

I wonder, did BB get alot of time at the Ravens game only as a tease?
    Maybe, just maybe that situation is desparate enough for them to want him?

I know I am reaching, however.......Stranger things (T-will to Jax) has happened.

;D
    It's possible, but there is no guarantee he will show well and could actually diminish his value.
    It doesn't help us prepare for the season much as well if we know he is going to be cut.

I doubt he would bring us much in terms of a draft pick in a trade and doesn't seem likely that you would go through this kind of effort just to get a very late round pick next year.

However, I could see the possibility of a trade involving a current Ravens player that is conditional on seeing Brooks getting some reps.
    I hope they are not operating this way, but I guess its not out of the question.
    I would prefer to believe that he got the reps because he was still being considered for a roster spot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings QB John David Booty, a fifth-round draft choice in April, played the final 18 minutes Saturday, Aug. 23, while QB Brooks Bollinger did not see the field.

I know I am reaching, however.......Stranger things (T-will to Jax) has happened.

;D
    It's possible, but there is no guarantee he will show well and could actually diminish his value.
    It doesn't help us prepare for the season much as well if we know he is going to be cut.

I doubt he would bring us much in terms of a draft pick in a trade and doesn't seem likely that you would go through this kind of effort just to get a very late round pick next year.

However, I could see the possibility of a trade involving a current Ravens player that is conditional on seeing Brooks getting some reps.

I hope they are not operating this way, but I guess its not out of the question.
    I would prefer to believe that he got the reps because he was still being considered for a roster spot.
    I hear ya my friend, but it isn't like it hasn't been done before.

Heck, last year we show cased Memo a bit with little success but it does happen.

Even a late day pick for him would be good.
    Lets not forget what ole Ricky boy does with extra picks.
    ;D

As always, a solid post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I hear ya my friend, but it isn't like it hasn't been done before.

Heck, last year we show cased Memo a bit with little success but it does happen.

Even a late day pick for him would be good.
    Lets not forget what ole Ricky boy does with extra picks.

;D

As always, a solid post my friend.
    I have less of an issue in seeing anyone other than the QB being possibly showcased.
    Especially since I think we still have a lot of questions at this postion.
    If we were the Colts or Patriots shopping a 3rd stringer, makes a lot more sense to me.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if it did happen, its hard to get surprised by almost anything in the NFL, however, I just don't know that I agree with the approach if that is indeed what happened.
    That's just me though, and not much of an argument against the idea.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (20-27 Aug. 2008)

Vikings | Bollinger will play one half Thursday
    Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:40:18 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brooks Bollinger will play one half Thursday, Aug. 28.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Booty will work one half Thursday
    Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:34:05 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB John David Booty will play one half Thursday, Aug. 28.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Starters won't play Thursday
    Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:22:47 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress does not plan on playing his starters Thursday, Aug. 28.

Vikings | Frerotte will not play Thursday
    Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:56:07 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings QB Gus Frerotte will not play in the team's preseason game Thursday, Aug. 28.

Vikings | Jackson will not play Thursday
    Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:51:36 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (knee) will not play in the team's preseason game Thursday, Aug. 28.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (20 Aug. 2008)

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Are we ever gonna see the much heralded Mills on the field this year or is he gonna remain a inigma?

And whats up with this yutz?

PP.O | Marrdro admist to having a slight case of FAA
    Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:48:42 -0700

Vesty, of the PP.O, reports Minnesota Vikings fan, Marrdro, admits that he had a case of FAA.
    He did not, however, accept treatment and he is still vulnerable to the disease.
    The CDC has confirmed that the disease is not contagious.
    He needs to focus on the team a bit more instead of sniffing OTIS's crotch.

;D

(Good one Proph).
    A good crotch to sniff. He is looking really solid.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (20-27 Aug. 2008)

Vikings | Robinson misses practice Monday
    Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:28:58 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson (leg) did not participate in practice Monday, Aug. 25.

???

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (20-29 Aug. 2008)

Vikings | McKinnie suspended for four games
    Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:38:36 -0700

The NFL has announced Minnesota Vikings OT Bryant McKinnie has been suspended for the team's first four regular season games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. His suspension will begin Saturday, Aug. 30 and will be eligible to return Monday, Sept. 29.

Vikings | Mozes to be released
    Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:21:35 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings C Dan Mozes has been informed he will be released.

Vikings | Nance to be released
    Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:20:40 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Martin Nance has been informed he will be released.

Vikings | Jackson may wear brace Week 1
    Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:11:38 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (knee) said there is a chance he will wear the brace that protects his injured knee during the team's Week 1 game.

Vikings | Sumrall to be released
    Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:05:00 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Brandon Sumrall has been informed he will be released.

Vikings | Booty throws interception Thursday
    Fri, 29 Aug 2008 01:49:19 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings QB John David Booty was 8-for-15 for 93 yards with an interception during the team's preseason game Thursday, Aug. 28.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Brandon Sumrall has been informed he will be released.
    Practice Squad?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Practice Squad?
    :
    But why release any practice squad material so early, wouldn't it be better to wait?
    I don't think that they would be fooling anyone by releasing the ones that they want to keep earlier rather than later.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast