Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings KFFL tidbits (1-3 June 2007)

Vikings | R. Edwards working with first team
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:21:33 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings DE Ray Edwards was working with the first-team defense at right defensive end during practice Friday, June 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Peterson practicing returning kicks
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:36:21 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian L. Peterson worked as a kick returner during practice Friday, June 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | C. Williams practicing returning kicks
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:34:19 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Chandler Williams worked as a kick returner during practice Friday, June 1.

Vikings | Allison practicing returning kicks
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:33:30 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Aundrae Allison worked as a kick returner during practice Friday, June 1.

Vikings | Williamson practicing returning kicks
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:31:11 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson worked as a kick returner during practice Friday, June 1.

Vikings | Wade practicing returning kicks
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:27:02 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade worked as a kick returner during practice Friday, June 1.

Vikings | T. Williams sits out morning practice
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:22:27 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings SS Tank Williams did not participate in morning practice Friday, June 1, but is expected to practice in the afternoon. Head coach Brad Childress said he wanted Williams to rest during the morning practice.

Vikings | Udeze to play on left side
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:16:08 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier wants to play DE Kenechi Udeze at left defensive end this season.

Vikings | Gordon fighting for nickelback job
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:37:48 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Charles Gordon is competing with CB Dovonte Edwards and CB Marcus McCauley for the nickelback job this season.

Vikings | McCauley fighting for nickelback job
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:36:03 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Marcus McCauley is competing with CB Dovonte Edwards and CB Charles Gordon for the nickelback job this season.

Vikings | Edwards fighting for nickelback job
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:34:51 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Dovonte Edwards is competing with CB Marcus McCauley and CB Charles Gordon for the nickelback job this season.

Vikings | Winfield says he is happy with contract
    Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:15:50 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield said Friday, June 1, he did not skip voluntary workouts because of his contract. "Let me clear up one thing," Winfield said. "I've been reading on the Internet - I don't know which one of you wrote it - but something about my contract, in some way, this is a quiet protest by me holding out. Disgruntled about my contract. That's so far from the truth. I haven't went upstairs and asked for any money, any extensions, so that's not it. It's just me not being here, doing this thing on my own, and I'm just getting ready to play ball." Winfield added that he will attend training camp and be ready for the start of the season.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 June 2007)

"Prophet" wrote:

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield said Friday, June 1, he did not skip voluntary workouts because of his contract. "Let me clear up one thing," Winfield said. "I've been reading on the Internet - I don't know which one of you wrote it - but something about my contract, in some way, this is a quiet protest by me holding out. Disgruntled about my contract. That's so far from the truth. I haven't went upstairs and asked for any money, any extensions, so that's not it. It's just me not being here, doing this thing on my own, and I'm just getting ready to play ball." Winfield added that he will attend training camp and be ready for the start of the season.
    As I stated in another thread, Winfield missed last weekends OTA's to attend a friends wedding.

...Nate Clements married Cleveland childhood sweetheart Melissa Duncan at the Hotel Derek near their Houston home last weekend, and the guest list was impressive: Minnesota Vikings and former OSU teammate Antoine Winfield...

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/stories/2007/06/01/rumbling01.ART_ART_06-01-07_C3_G96SSH3.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1-3 June 2007)

Vikings | Bollinger works with first team
    Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:26:58 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brooks Bollinger spent a portion of practice Sunday, June 3, working with the first-team offense.

Vikings | Winfield not expected at Vikings’ next OTA
    Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:16:53 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield is not expected to participate in the Vikings' organized team activities next week. "Pretty much, I'm going to do this thing on my own. Work out on my own. I don't feel like I really need to be around here. I pretty much know the defense now. I know what I need to work on, when I'm away from here. I don't think anything is going to change," Winfield said. Winfield is supposedly upset by the lack of offensive upgrade done by the Vikings this offseason. Winfield said he will be at training camp.

Vikings | Kluwe will not kick off
    Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:28:48 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro said P Chris Kluwe will not kick off at all.

Vikings | McCauley appears to be the favorite for nickelback job
    Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:28:23 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Marcus McCauley appears to be the favorite for the nickel cornerback job.

Vikings | Contract not concerning Birk
    Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:28:12 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings C Matt Birk has shown no concern over his contract. Birk's agent, Joe Linta, discussed the possibility of signing a long-term contract with the Vikings to ensure he would retire with the team. Birk said, "That's the business side I don't really worry about. Just the opportunity to compete and play, and play here, and playing on what I think is a good football team, what more can I ask for?

Vikings | Doss continuing to progress
    Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:03:08 -0700

Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings S Mike Doss (knee) has not shown any signs of pain in his return from a torn ACL. Doss takes part in one practice per day with the Vikings, working in the morning while resting in the afternoon workouts. While he is continuing to make progress, his role in the Vikings' secondary remains undetermined due to their depth at the safety position. Doss isn't concerned with whether he starts or not, he's just happy to be back on the field.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 June 2007)

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

As I stated in another thread, Winfield missed last weekends OTA's to attend a friends wedding.

...Nate Clements married Cleveland childhood sweetheart Melissa Duncan at the Hotel Derek near their Houston home last weekend, and the guest list was impressive: Minnesota Vikings and former OSU teammate Antoine Winfield...

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/stories/2007/06/01/rumbling01.ART_ART_06-01-07_C3_G96SSH3.html

Jensen reported that Winfield is staying away because he's unhappy with the Vikings offseason, given that we have signed nor have we traded for offensive help. Its on his blog.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

That really scares me with Peterson practicing kick offs...I mean, Mewelde is a great kick returner and would excel there if that is all he does. Plus, didn't we draft a few guys that can return kicks other than our franchise back? Chad Greenway anyone?

I don't know, but I don't think our first round, one in a hundred, running back should be returning kicks. Especially when there are other guys just as capable...

I hope he is just practicing them, but not going to do it in a game. What do you guys think?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    That really scares me with Peterson practicing kick offs...I mean, Mewelde is a great kick returner and would excel there if that is all he does. Plus, didn't we draft a few guys that can return kicks other than our franchise back? Chad Greenway anyone?

I don't know, but I don't think our first round, one in a hundred, running back should be returning kicks. Especially when there are other guys just as capable...

I hope he is just practicing them, but not going to do it in a game. What do you guys think?
    I'll say it again. We need the best playmakers on the field no matter injury concerns. I don't care if he's a first rounder or not. If he gives us the best shot to get the ball to the end zone on every return, let him risk the injury. If you shield your players from action from the sheer fact that you're afraid of injury when they may be the best playmakers, you're making the wrong decision.

Did the saints care about Reggie Bush returning kicks last year even though his stock was much higher than Adrians? No.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    That really scares me with Peterson practicing kick offs...I mean, Mewelde is a great kick returner and would excel there if that is all he does. Plus, didn't we draft a few guys that can return kicks other than our franchise back?
    If AD is anywhere near the field for a punt return or kick-off return when real football (including pre-season) rolls around, I'll be shocked.
    You did notice that 10 other guys were back there catching kicks too, right?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

I'll say it again. We need the best playmakers on the field no matter injury concerns. I don't care if he's a first rounder or not. If he gives us the best shot to get the ball to the end zone on every return, let him risk the injury. If you shield your players from action from the sheer fact that you're afraid of injury when they may be the best playmakers, you're making the wrong decision.

Did the saints care about Reggie Bush returning kicks last year even though his stock was much higher than Adrians? No. 
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=161717

As far as I can tell, Adrian Peterson returned ZERO kicks at OU.

There's no way in hell he's going to be back there for the Vikings.

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=161717

As far as I can tell, Adrian Peterson returned ZERO kicks at OU.

There's no way in hell he's going to be back there for the Vikings.

=Z=
    I don't know Z

I don't think he'll be the guy eventually. But I think they'll try it out, so I won't be shocked if he get a return or two in some pre-season games to test if he has some flair for doing it.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    I don't think he'll be the guy eventually. But I think they'll try it out, so I won't be shocked if he get a return or two in some pre-season games to test if he has some flair for doing it.
    No way.
    MeMo is one of the top PRs in the NFL (#11 in 2006 - ahead of Reggie Bush, I might add) and if there's a spot for him on the roster, it's as PR.

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast