Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings to keep 5 WR's

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1103966
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103921
    Flanker (Z) Intermediate/Red Zone
    First, let me say thats right Rice wasn't the deep threat that some of you think. That was BB even though we didn't throw to him. Did Rice catch alot of extended 5, 6, and 7 routes, yes, but they weren't designed to deep routes. They just wound up that way because of what the QB did behind the line.
    OH so what you're saying is Favre was able to get Rice MORE yards by what he did... Hmmm.
    lol

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

First, let me say thats right Rice wasn't the deep threat that some of you think. That was BB even though we didn't throw to him. Did Rice catch alot of extended 5, 6, and 7 routes, yes, but they weren't designed to deep routes. They just wound up that way because of what the QB did behind the line.
    OH so what you're saying is Favre was able to get Rice MORE yards by what he did... Hmmm.
    Of course.

Anyone who watched the game new the Noodle held onto the ball longer than he should allowing Rice to extend his stems.

Heck, I've been saying it for 2 years now. Of course most on here blame the OL for the Noodle taking so many sacks. I just blame the Noodle, again, for what he did.

His choice.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103975
    Of course.

Anyone who watched the game new the Noodle held onto the ball longer than he should allowing Rice to extend his stems.

Heck, I've been saying it for 2 years now. Of course most on here blame the OL for the Noodle taking so many sacks. I just blame the Noodle, again, for what he did.

His choice.
    Or maybe other than Harvin, our WR corps that can "Carry a QB" couldn't get open, causing Favre to HAVE to hold onto the ball longer than yOU would like.

Again, they wouldn't have them running deep routes if the receiver wasn't at least to be considered an option to throw to.

But of course, since you don't watch the receivers or the ball, and spend the whole day watching fat men play patty cake, you might have missed that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103979
    Of course.

His choice.
    Or maybe other than Harvin, our WR corps that can "Carry a QB" couldn't get open, causing Favre to HAVE to hold onto the ball longer than yOU would like.

Again, they wouldn't have them running deep routes if the receiver wasn't at least to be considered an option to throw to.

But of course, since you don't watch the receivers or the ball, and spend the whole day watching fat men play patty cake, you might have missed that happening.
    So you can see the WR's running routes from the sideline angle.......:whistle:

Without Rice the Noodle wasn't as good. Prove me wrong.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103986

Without Rice the Noodle wasn't as good. Prove me wrong.
    To be fair I think the two complemented each other. Rice gave Favre a WR who had good hands and wanted to be the go-to guy on every play. That meant Favre had more opportunity to audible and do things the way he always has done. That was removed last year with Sidney missing the start of the season and when he was back he wasn't in the same shape as the year before. On the other side Favre gave Rice a QB that would always be looking for him and allowed him to raise his profile on the team - something that had not happened with previous QBs who, once they realised they were in the headlights, could only toss the ball about 15 yds. That is going to be apparent this year out on the Northwest coast.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Why couldn't Rice put up good numbers when QBs without 'FAVRE' sewn onto their jerseys were throwing him the ball?

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104004
    Why couldn't Rice put up good numbers when QBs without 'FAVRE' sewn onto their jerseys were throwing him the ball?
    +1

Good luck to ol' "one season" trying to catch TJokes under/overthrows :laugh:

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Of course.

His choice.
    Flip. flop. Flip. flop.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104004
    "Because Favre was throwing a tantrum on the sidelines telling Rice not to carry them like he carried Favre. Favre wanted the spotlight. He didn't want to go to the playoffs when he couldn't play. OBVIOUSLY."

(end sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1104016
    Of course.

His choice.
    Flip. flop. Flip. flop.
    How is that a flip flop?

The ass wipe held the ball way to long. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. On that point I have not waivered.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast