Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Interested in Two RBs

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I wonder if some people ever stop to think that a couple of years ago we near the top or led the league in rushing. (Can remember which for sure.) We have the same running backs as we did then.
    What's the difference? Offensive line play, plain and simple. Now I know we need a good, durable running back but I still am a firm believer that no matter who we get for a running back, including Alexander or Edge, we will not have a running game until we upgrade the offensive line. Therefore, that's where our FA money should go first!
    Exactly! You know it, I kow it, and thank God Childress knows it!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I wonder if some people ever stop to think that a couple of years ago we near the top or led the league in rushing. (Can remember which for sure.) We have the same running backs as we did then.
    What's the difference? Offensive line play, plain and simple. Now I know we need a good, durable running back but I still am a firm believer that no matter who we get for a running back, including Alexander or Edge, we will not have a running game until we upgrade the offensive line. Therefore, that's where our FA money should go first!
    2002 we were 1st in rushing

2002 MV

2003 we were 4th:

2003 MV

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

In 2004 we dropped down to 18th in rushing, but that may be partially because we had such an awesome passing attack. Again, our O-Line is to thank. So yes, that's where we need to spend the cash!

After that we need to address defense before even thinking about a big name running back. Look at our defensive ranking for the past decade:

97 - 29
    98 - 15
    99 - 27
    00 - 29
    01 - 28
    02 - 26
    03 - 25
    04 - 28
    05 - 21

The last time we had a defense in the top half of the NFL was in '98, and we lit them up that year (FYI, don't say it was all because of Cunningham and Moss, our Offense ranked better in every category in 2004...)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tylersieve is offline Starter

the only reason for us being so good at rushing was moss and daunte...they used to play cover 2 agianst us so they thought we were gunna pass it remeber the moss thing that tice creted giving him a high precentage of passes a game..well they got into that so well they forgot about rushing..this past year r prob was r line was hurting so bad....rosey was the best 1 the hole year..not
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

chester taylor is definently the best choice. I have seen this guy play in about 10 games he is unbelievable on the field and has great vision. I am from Toledo so once i actually got to meet him personally for an autograph. He is a great guy. He was a hiesman trophy canidate at Toledo. He would be a great fit on our team. He has deceptive speed and he can catch the ball. We have to get this guy. He will be a star. O and plus he was the MVP of the Senior bowl.
    Chester
    Chester
    Chester

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456