Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Interested in Two RBs

Vikings Interested in Two RB
    Date: Feb 26, 2006

According to a league source, the Vikings are interested in two running backs scheduled for free agency on March 3.

According to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Minnesota Vikings are interested in Seattle Seahawks running back Maurice Morris. Scout.com has confirmed that report through a league source. Also, according to the source, the team has very strong interest in Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor.

Taylor has been a backup to star running back Jamal Lewis the last four years. Taylor has started eight games in his four-year career for the Ravens, one in 2005 and four in 2004. The 5-foot-11, 213-pound running back has a 4.3-yard average on 373 carries.

Like Morris, Taylor would also be a good fit for head coach Brad Childress’ West Coast offense, as he had 41 receptions in 2005. Taylor has also returned 45 kicks in his career, with a 20.8-yard average. Taylor is built a little stronger physically than Morris.

Morris hasn’t gotten quite the opportunity that Taylor has over the last four years, garnering 171 rushes for 806 yards (a 4.7-yard career average), but he saw the most action in the ground game in 2005, with 71 carries. He hasn’t been used as much in the passing game, getting 21 receptions for 158 yards (7.5-yard average).

Morris could also be used in the return game, as he has 129 kickoff returns for 2,843 yards (22-yard average) and 15 punt returns for 75 yards (5-yard average). Last year, however, he only returned one punt and no kickoffs.

Morris is a fast back but has been a disappointment thus far in his career. And as scout.com first reported earlier this week, the Seahawks aren’t expected to re-sign him and are seeking an upgrade.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Vikings Interested in Two RBs

If I had to pick from those two I would say taylor for the mere fact that he has done more and shows a better sign of excellence. But with all of our cap space, why not go after a bigger name?

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

We should be interested in Jamal Lewis more than Chestor Taylor I think. But Chestor actually seems pretty good. I think that we should take a look at Edge and Shaun also.

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

I don't think Taylor will leave the Ravens. Morris sounds good for a kick returner (K-rob won't do it if he's our #1 WR) but how much money will he cost us? I think MeMo will get it done this year. Focus on the O-line.
    REDHORSE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

They both will stay with thier teams..

Both of thier starting RB's are leaving to FA..

So that mean's get Edge!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Why these two? Let's stick with Memo!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I've seen lots of Maurice Morris and he has been pretty good when given the opportunity. That being said, they are both very ordinary.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

I don't trust any RB stats out of Seattle. MM for ST maybe, but all the RB stats from Seattle are from their O-line. I don't see either of them being great behind our line.
    REDHORSE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Yay! The Vikings are setteling for back up RB's again! We never do that! God please let us get someone who isnt a backup superstar!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/13963348.htm
    REDHORSE

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast