Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re:Vikings Interested in Haynesworth?

From ProFootballTalk.com:

Report: Albert Haynesworth interested in joining the Vikings

This (supposedly) answers one question, whether Haynesworth would even want to play in Minnesota.

I'm actually completely up in the air about what would be fair compensation, whether the Redskins are even still considering this, and whether it makes sense to bring in a guy that is such an amazing headcase.

The only thing I'd be willing to guess about is that nothing is going to happen before the next decision in the Starcaps case comes down regarding whether to continue the existing injunction blocking the suspensions.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Overlord wrote:
    From ProFootballTalk.com:

Report: Albert Haynesworth interested in joining the Vikings

This (supposedly) answers one question, whether Haynesworth would even want to play in Minnesota.

I'm actually completely up in the air about what would be fair compensation, whether the Redskins are even still considering this, and whether it makes sense to bring in a guy that is such an amazing headcase.

The only thing I'd be willing to guess about is that nothing is going to happen before the next decision in the Starcaps case comes down regarding whether to continue the existing injunction blocking the suspensions.
    Personally I would love if they got him regardless of the Starcaps case. He will probably cost a lot of money but think about it. PW is in his last year. He's not playing all the plays anymore. Haynesworth would play a lot and get used to the line for the years to come. There is no cap this year. The Vikes could probably get him for a 2nd round draft pick and I would take that in a heart beat. The Redskins know no one is going to offer them a 1st rounder because he doesn't want to be there and they don't want him there. He will either be traded or released eventually. They may as well get something for him. I just wonder if the Vikes are interested.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I honestly do not believe that his next contract would cost that much. As for Hanse, his issues are a bit overblown. Th emost people say about him is, 1) He stomped on that guys head ( he has a mean streak) 2) He argued with teammates in practice...meanstreak.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

With the starcaps BS continually popping up, I say we need to do what we can to get him. If he is unhappy or unwilling to play in the 3-4 in washington, we should be able to get him for cheap. I don't care how much money he makes or whatever. Addding him to this club puts us over the top and takes the pressure off of the Williams.
    We're bringing purple back.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

If we can get him for a 3rd rounder (32nd pick in the third round) it would be worth taking a risk on him.

Maybe getting out of Washington he can get back to being the force he was when he was with the Titans. He is only 28 and should be able to play to 33 or 34 so we would have him for 5 or 6 years.

Trade for Haynesworth or bring in Henderson for a look.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

delviking is offline Starter

i would like it if the vikes were able to get him even a second rounder would be worth it cause we all know it'll be int the high 20s at the least.

i think that his attitude would get adjusted real quick by our line coach dunbar plus the quality guys already here who wont take any of his crap, Ie Allen or either the williams.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No worries my friends. We have Evans, JK and a couple of youngsters that will suck up the reps.

Go get some more G's I say. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    No worries my friends. We have Evans, JK and a couple of youngsters that will suck up the reps.

Go get some more G's I say. :P
    Still can't take that I was right I see. LOL. Just maybe we will get him IF the suspensions happen.

BRANflakes69 is offline Rookie

kevoncox wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I think he'd essentially replace Pat Williams.

Maybe Pat on 1st down, Haynesworth on 2nd and 3rd.

If he plays to the level of the guys around him, we're gonna have the scariest defensive line imaginable. And I think he will.

I hope this happens. What do you think we'd have to give up for him?
    Washington doesn't have a second or third round pick, so they would likely be interested in a second or a third. I might be OK with a 3rd, but a second would be too high IMHO.

Plus he would need to restructure his contract. Right now, he is due $16.2M over the next three seasons. However, after that he is still under contract for another three years worth 52M with 20M essentially guaranteed at that point. Either the team that acquires him restructures, or they cut him after three years taking a huge cap hit, or they pay him a lot more than he is worth.

And then there is the issue of him being a douche. I am sure Andre Gurode would have plenty to say about him.
    It was my belif that the team that signed the contract, is responsible for all Guaranteed money. I believe he got 40millions guaranteed, the skins paid him 21 already.

Skins paid him 32 million of the 40 guarenteed. Unreal huh? I say snag him up. He would be a GREAT pickup for us.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Less than 1 year ago NFL players voted him the most dominant defensive player in the NFL.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/10/redskins_have_nfls_most_domina.html
    He comes with some baggage, but I would have no problem if they gave up next years first and third for him. Very similar to the JA deal. JA had his share of baggage too.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast