Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Vikings Interested in Haynesworth?

Vikings contacted the Redskins about Albert Haynesworth per John Clayton.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Vikings Interested in Haynesworth?

No link yet, Judd Zulgad just reported on Twitter.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

someone asked if the vikes got Haynesworth, where would he play? Judd said that was the issue

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I think he'd essentially replace Pat Williams.

Maybe Pat on 1st down, Haynesworth on 2nd and 3rd.

If he plays to the level of the guys around him, we're gonna have the scariest defensive line imaginable. And I think he will.

I hope this happens. What do you think we'd have to give up for him?

mad-dog_six-eight wrote:
    someone asked if the vikes got Haynesworth, where would he play? Judd said that was the issue
    I think that is a real issue. He's not happy about the idea of being a nose in a 3-4 (among other things), so you wonder if he would be happy taking over Pat Williams role, who plays a lot of 2-gap as the nose in a 4-3. An unhappy Albert Haynesworth does not seem like someone that you want on your team. Both Kevin Williams and Albert Haynesworth have played mostly as 1-gap 3-techniques in a 4-3.

That said, he's a talented player and you could find a way to get him on the field where he could make an impact. And they could always adjust his role and the role of other players if it helped the team overall.

One option that came to my head was giving Kevin Williams a chance to play some more defensive end. He was very good at that spot as a rookie. That was a long time ago, but it came to mind. I'm thinking running downs a base line of: K. Williams (LE); Haynesworth (DT); P. Williams (NT); and Allen (RE). Then for passing situations a base line of: Edwards (LE); K. Williams (DT); Haynesworth (NT); Allen (RE).

Anyways, in the event that a trade did happen, they'd find a way to use him.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Mr Anderson wrote:

If he plays to the level of the guys around him, we're gonna have the scariest defensive line imaginable. And I think he will.

All you can eat buffets will be closed in Mankota during training camp if Pat and Albert are in town

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Overlord wrote:
    mad-dog_six-eight wrote:
    I think that is a real issue. He's not happy about the idea of being a nose in a 3-4 (among other things), so you wonder if he would be happy taking over Pat Williams role, who plays a lot of 2-gap as the nose in a 4-3. An unhappy Albert Haynesworth does not seem like someone that you want on your team. Both Kevin Williams and Albert Haynesworth have played mostly as 1-gap 3-techniques in a 4-3.

That said, he's a talented player and you could find a way to get him on the field where he could make an impact. And they could always adjust his role and the role of other players if it helped the team overall.

One option that came to my head was giving Kevin Williams a chance to play some more defensive end. He was very good at that spot as a rookie. That was a long time ago, but it came to mind. I'm thinking running downs a base line of: K. Williams (LE); Haynesworth (DT); P. Williams (NT); and Allen (RE). Then for passing situations a base line of: Edwards (LE); K. Williams (DT); Haynesworth (NT); Allen (RE).

Anyways, in the event that a trade did happen, they'd find a way to use him.
    Most team would probably run a Hurry up Offense on us when ever we came on to the field with this setup.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mr Anderson wrote:

Washington doesn't have a second or third round pick, so they would likely be interested in a second or a third. I might be OK with a 3rd, but a second would be too high IMHO.

Plus he would need to restructure his contract. Right now, he is due $16.2M over the next three seasons. However, after that he is still under contract for another three years worth 52M with 20M essentially guaranteed at that point. Either the team that acquires him restructures, or they cut him after three years taking a huge cap hit, or they pay him a lot more than he is worth.

And then there is the issue of him being a douche. I am sure Andre Gurode would have plenty to say about him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Move Kevin to RDE :P Imagine blocking those 4.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I have to admit, even though he's an asshat, I would be excited if he inked. I would give him a clean slate and then rip him a new asshole if he fucks up.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast