Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings interested in FB Leonard Weaver?

I honestly cn't believe people are blaming Childress for Weaver not signing with us.
    This is getting old.
    Not every fucking FA is going to sign with us.
    JUst like not every FA signs with others.
    The Asshawks tried to sign him too and they didn't.
    They can only sign with one team.
    If you want to blame Childress for things blame him for the QB situation.
    You cannot blame him for things that are out of his control.
    Weaver signing with the Eagles is OUT OF HIS CONTROL.

This is amazing to me.
    He gave it a chance to sign the guy.
    That is all he can do.
    The FO is only going to offer what they think the guy is worth.
    If the guy wants more money then he can go elsewhere.
    Plain and simple.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Let Jimmy K play FB.
    Dude has skills and rarely sees the field.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    I honestly cn't believe people are blaming Childress for Weaver not signing with us.
    This is getting old.

This is amazing to me.
    That is all he can do.
    Plain and simple.
    I don't think its Chilly's fault either. But I see how people are frustrated by the lack of FA signings as well. especially in positions that we need help in. Signing a couple of back-ups from poor teams usually don't get people to excited.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    If we attempted to pursue the top WR in the draft, obviously the staff thinks we have "needs". You don't add a guy like that just for depth.
    A need or just a opportunity?

I don't think they were even interested in someone like TJH. His comment was a invite so to speak. A cat like Nate, on the other hand, probably does equate to a "need" and probably not so much as depth.
    They made a hell of an opportunity to sign him & he spent two days here. You don't do that for someone you're not interested in.

You missed my point.
    Of course they were interested in him, but I don't think they were gonna even attempt to sign him until he said something.....

Again, a target of opportunity instead of a stated need so to speak.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    How many years have we spent waiting for our O-line to grasp the ZB scheme & gel as a unit. You can't expect to simply insert new, raw, unproven talent & expect them to play, play well & gel with the rest of the squad like they've been playing for years, without thinking there will be setbacks & a learning curve.
    How many times do I have to explain to you that our running success is a product of the ZB scheme?

Not sure why you still harp on it when it is actually working....... ;D

Additionally, I find it a bit interesting that you worry about inserting a player into the lineup when teams do it all the time.
    For me, I would be a bit more concerned if we were starting from scratch and rebuilding the whole line.
    As far as anyof us know we are only replacing a C.
    To date we have seen no movement to replace any other lineman now have we.
    I understand fully that our running success is a product of the ZB scheme. Our passing game & lack of success at it are also a product of that same scheme. While some of the blame can & should be shouldered on the QB's, a good share of blame goes to the o-line & those who coach it as well.

My biggest problem with it is the time it takes to learn it & play well at it. Even with the dink & dunk offense we have, the QB is not getting time on many plays to even get the short passes out. I know you well enough to know that you blame Birk for most of our o-line woes & think that inserting any other center will be an instant upgrade, I just don't think it's as easy as that.

I hope Sullivan pans out, but if he doesn't, we will be in for a disappointing season. I know you always have faith in the FO & coaches decisions & trust they always know what they are doing, but did you have that same faith in 2005 when we had the merry go round at center. Did you have that same faith when they started T-Will at WR in 2007? You also had faith Mozes would be our next center. How is that working out for you? Did you have that same faith when they brought in a flurry of mediocre QB's to compete so to speak for the starting role? Did you have faith when they supposedly showed interest in Favre last year? Did you show faith when the front office passed on Cutler & went for Jackson instead?
    You do realize we shift out of the ZB scheme for a more traditional man up scheme when we pass don't you?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    How many years have we spent waiting for our O-line to grasp the ZB scheme & gel as a unit. You can't expect to simply insert new, raw, unproven talent & expect them to play, play well & gel with the rest of the squad like they've been playing for years, without thinking there will be setbacks & a learning curve.
    How many times do I have to explain to you that our running success is a product of the ZB scheme?

Additionally, I find it a bit interesting that you worry about inserting a player into the lineup when teams do it all the time.
    For me, I would be a bit more concerned if we were starting from scratch and rebuilding the whole line.
    I understand fully that our running success is a product of the ZB scheme. Our passing game & lack of success at it are also a product of that same scheme. While some of the blame can & should be shouldered on the QB's, a good share of blame goes to the o-line & those who coach it as well.

My biggest problem with it is the time it takes to learn it & play well at it. Even with the dink & dunk offense we have, the QB is not getting time on many plays to even get the short passes out. I know you well enough to know that you blame Birk for most of our o-line woes & think that inserting any other center will be an instant upgrade, I just don't think it's as easy as that.

I hope Sullivan pans out, but if he doesn't, we will be in for a disappointing season. I know you always have faith in the FO & coaches decisions & trust they always know what they are doing, but did you have that same faith in 2005 when we had the merry go round at center. Did you have that same faith when they started T-Will at WR in 2007? You also had faith Mozes would be our next center. How is that working out for you? Did you have that same faith when they brought in a flurry of mediocre QB's to compete so to speak for the starting role? Did you have faith when they supposedly showed interest in Favre last year? Did you show faith when the front office passed on Cutler & went for Jackson instead?
    You do realize we shift out of the ZB scheme for a more traditional man up scheme when we pass don't you?
    The type of scheme isn't important. How quickly the new OL click, is.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48482.msg854503#msg854503

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    This is getting old.

This is amazing to me.
    That is all he can do.
    Plain and simple.
    I don't think its Chilly's fault either. But I see how people are frustrated by the lack of FA signings as well. especially in positions that we need help in. Signing a couple of back-ups from poor teams usually don't get people to excited.
    True but remember two years ago when they signed Shiancoe and Wade?
    Both were backups.
    When we signed Chester Taylor he was a backup and everyone beeyatched there.

I understand the frutration but every year there are these small signings and there are players that aren't worth the amount of money they want.
    The FO did all they could to sign Housh.
    He opted to go elsewhere.
    They seemed to try and sign Weaver but he figured he can be a #2 RB instead of the #3 the Vikes were able to offer him.
    What would you do as a player?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48482.msg854503#msg854503
    There was some good stuff talked in that one wasn't
    there my friend.
    Even back then I think I was onto something.... :

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

The type of scheme isn't important. How quickly the new OL click, is.
    Click , Clique.....Hmmmmmm such a
    comparable word.

Almost applicable in this discussion though isn't it.
    If the fit into the clique quickly, the click will soon follow....

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast