Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings interested in big name WR?

"Nauseating" wrote:
    http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=730875&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2 f%2fmin.scout.com%2f2%2f730875.html

I was wondering if anyone that subscribes to this site could tell us which player the Vikes are interested in.
    LOL!

Probably didn't think your thread would eventually end up in the Official Moss thread.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think there are any "big-name" receivers right now.
    Unless they are thinking Moss slips through the cracks, then I don't know who else they could be talking about.
    *Randy is free.
    *Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak
    *Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency
    *Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike
    *Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets
    *Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD!

Here we go!
    LMAO!

*Randy is free. But the complete lack of a franchise tag on anyone in NE tells me that they have already worked out a verbal agreement with Moss.
    He cannot sign before FA starts (due to his contract) but I bet he signs right at midnight on the 29th.

*Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak True.
    But that doesn't mean that he would trade back for him.

*Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency We aren't going to spend $30 mill a year on him though.
    Lots of teams have plenty of cap space.

*Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike He stated that when he was sucking hind tit in Oakland.
    He has NOT said that since going to the Pats.

*Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat Strong armed QB with no deep ball accuracy
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets Not nearly as desperate this year.
    AD + a strong finish = ticket sales

*Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD! Who knows, maybe he could be on a team that goes undefeated in the regualr season.
    Wait...
    The 'Vikes are 8th with 32.7 mill in cap space. Miami, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Tennessee, N.O, 49ers, and the bucs all have more cash to spend. Seems like the team always has lots of cap room but rarely (see hutch) shells out the money. Hope they do go after someone big thurs.
    Tuco the world.....

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    Id be hoping and more confident if he hit the market...but i just don't think there's much of a chance the guy leaves NE, at all, thats what i highly doubt. IF he hits the FA market and ditches NE (won't happen)...then there's a decent chance, people are thiking too far ahead..lets just see if he ends up leaving NE before we talk about signing him...
    agreed... just throwing it out there that it's a possibility, because Moss would've been signed/franchised if he wasn't wanting to explore his value--> Remember he needs to make his mortgage payments with "str8 cash homie!"8)
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

If we can utilize poison pill tactics, we could very well snag a guy off the FA market that had a verbal agreement with another team.

I do have to agree with Schutz,
    5% is all I would give it.
    Long shot!
    Never hurts to keep options open and an open mind.

It is difficult to believe that he would want to leave his Beyatch Brady.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I remember a few weeks ago Brady was talking about how badly he wants to play with Moss again next year, and he said that he would follow Moss if he goes to another team. Its not going to happen, but fun to think about all the same.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Yeah but who needs Brady when you know teams are going to have to single cover you when AD is having one of his 'A' games; how would opposing defenses defend us? ;D

"snowinapril" wrote:
    If we can utilize poison pill tactics, we could very well snag a guy off the FA market that had a verbal agreement with another team.

I do have to agree with Schutz,
    5% is all I would give it.
    Long shot!
    Never hurts to keep options open and an open mind.
    ;D I'm interested in the mathematics and % equations used to reach this number. Lets see:
    'Vikes chances at luring Moss rated ona sliding scale of 0 to 100% vs NE's desire to retian Moss rated on same scale. Add projected offer of anything from a one year deal to a multiple year signing valued at anywhere from $1 million to say $15 mill? Include subjective factors like Moss's need for Straight cash and his desire to play for a winner plus AD's impact on % of passes thrown to Moss. The desire scale would have to be quantified by using the smiley face :: 1 through 10 scale (there is no "11" on such a scale, my pet peeve >) So heres how it would maybe look?

%100*%100 divided by
    :* >(1thru10) +7.8 mill Divided by

"straight cash homie"
    sliding scale of
    I come up with a 27.3%

Moss will accept an offer from The 'Vikes ;D
    Tuco the world.....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"carta4eva" wrote:
    i'm just stating the fact that if New England thought highly enough of him, the would have franchised him and then tried to work out a multi-year deal...
    Do you really think that franchising Moss would have helped negotiations along.
    Most players HATE the franchise tag.
    Moss would be irate over not getting the chance to determine his own worth in FA, and he would NEVER stay in NE the next year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think there are any "big-name" receivers right now.
    Unless they are thinking Moss slips through the cracks, then I don't know who else they could be talking about.
    *Randy is free.
    *Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak
    *Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency
    *Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike
    *Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets
    *Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD!

Here we go!
    LMAO!

*Randy is free. But the complete lack of a franchise tag on anyone in NE tells me that they have already worked out a verbal agreement with Moss.
    He cannot sign before FA starts (due to his contract) but I bet he signs right at midnight on the 29th.

*Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak True.
    But that doesn't mean that he would trade back for him.

*Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency We aren't going to spend $30 mill a year on him though.
    Lots of teams have plenty of cap space.

*Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike He stated that when he was sucking hind tit in Oakland.
    He has NOT said that since going to the Pats.

*Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat Strong armed QB with no deep ball accuracy
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets Not nearly as desperate this year.
    AD + a strong finish = ticket sales

*Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD! Who knows, maybe he could be on a team that goes undefeated in the regualr season.
    Wait...
    The 'Vikes are 8th with 32.7 mill in cap space. Miami, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Tennessee, N.O, 49ers, and the bucs all have more cash to spend. Seems like the team always has lots of cap room but rarely (see hutch) shells out the money. Hope they do go after someone big thurs.
    But those are cap numbers where each of those teams have several other roster spots to fill whereas we have 49 players under contract,so signing a big name free agent is more of a plausibility especially for one that's worth spending money on; the anit-shanko

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast