Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings interested in big name WR?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    LMAO!

*Randy is free. But the complete lack of a franchise tag on anyone in NE tells me that they have already worked out a verbal agreement with Moss.
    He cannot sign before FA starts (due to his contract) but I bet he signs right at midnight on the 29th.
    Slight issue.. he can't resign with NE until the offical start of the 08 season which I think is March 3rd, because he reworked his deal in 07.. so that means technically he will be free for a couple of days to listen to offers.. like someone throwing a ton of cash at him. But my guess his even without the franchise tag, he isn't going anywhere.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LMAO!

*Randy is free. But the complete lack of a franchise tag on anyone in NE tells me that they have already worked out a verbal agreement with Moss.
    He cannot sign before FA starts (due to his contract) but I bet he signs right at midnight on the 29th.
    Slight issue.. he can't resign with NE until the offical start of the 08 season which I think is March 3rd, because he reworked his deal in 07.. so that means technically he will be free for a couple of days to listen to offers.. like someone throwing a ton of cash at him. But my guess his even without the franchise tag, he isn't going anywhere.
    I am pretty sure the season officially starts at midnight on the 29th. That is when Free Agency starts at least, and I was under the impression that the two were one in the same.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Just posted...

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/21/no-tag-for-moss/
    NO TAG FOR MOSS
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2008, 4:42 p.m.

Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports that the New England Patriots did not apply the franchise tag to receiver Randy Moss before Thursday’s 4:00 p.m. EST deadline.

Reiss correctly observes that this could mean that the Patriots and Moss have a verbal deal in place for a long-term contract.
    But while Reiss points out that a multi-year deal can’t be announced until the new league year begins on February 29, the more accurate statement is that no enforceable agreement can be reached until then.

In other words, if there’s an agreement, Moss can renege without consequence.
    And, given the reality that tampering is a fact of life in the modern NFL, anyone who might be interested in putting together a jaw-dropping financial package can put out hypothetical feelers to Moss between now and midnight next Thursday.

From the Patriots’ standpoint, they’d probably justify losing Moss in that fashion by explaining that if he isn’t a man of his word then he’s better off leaving.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Nauseating" wrote:
    http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=730875&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2 f%2fmin.scout.com%2f2%2f730875.html

I was wondering if anyone that subscribes to this site could tell us which player the Vikes are interested in.
    I am a subscriber, and the WR is Jerry Porter.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Just posted...

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/21/no-tag-for-moss/
    NO TAG FOR MOSS
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2008, 4:42 p.m.

Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports that the New England Patriots did not apply the franchise tag to receiver Randy Moss before Thursday’s 4:00 p.m. EST deadline.

Reiss correctly observes that this could mean that the Patriots and Moss have a verbal deal in place for a long-term contract.
    But while Reiss points out that a multi-year deal can’t be announced until the new league year begins on February 29, the more accurate statement is that no enforceable agreement can be reached until then.

In other words, if there’s an agreement, Moss can renege without consequence.
    And, given the reality that tampering is a fact of life in the modern NFL, anyone who might be interested in putting together a jaw-dropping financial package can put out hypothetical feelers to Moss between now and midnight next Thursday.

From the Patriots’ standpoint, they’d probably justify losing Moss in that fashion by explaining that if he isn’t a man of his word then he’s better off leaving.

I stand corrected, I thought there was a lag between the beginning of FA and the 08 season.. my bad. Don't know where the 3/3 data came from. Thanks.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think there are any "big-name" receivers right now.
    Unless they are thinking Moss slips through the cracks, then I don't know who else they could be talking about.
    *Randy is free.
    *Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak
    *Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency
    *Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike
    *Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets
    *Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD!

Here we go!
    LMAO!

*Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak True.
    But that doesn't mean that he would trade back for him.

*Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency We aren't going to spend $30 mill a year on him though.
    Lots of teams have plenty of cap space.

*Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike He stated that when he was sucking hind tit in Oakland.
    He has NOT said that since going to the Pats.

*Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat Strong armed QB with no deep ball accuracy
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets Not nearly as desperate this year.
    AD + a strong finish = ticket sales

*Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD! Who knows, maybe he could be on a team that goes undefeated in the regualr season.
    Wait...
    Debbie Downer or Pessimistic Paul?

[youtube=425,350]zzZPn1CfQ0U[/youtube]

Come on Nodak, let us have our fun with this.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think there are any "big-name" receivers right now.
    Unless they are thinking Moss slips through the cracks, then I don't know who else they could be talking about.
    *Randy is free.
    *Zygi states in-season he would have never traded the Superfreak
    *Vikings have 2nd most cap room in free agency
    *Moss states he would have liked to retire as a vike
    *Strong armed qb with no weapons and deep threat
    *Vikings in deperate mode to sell tickets
    *Moss is a viking for life, and realizes how unstopable our offense would be with him and AD!

Here we go!
    your dreaming...wake up!

NØT GOING TO HAPPEN...i don't understand why people hold on to this...Randy Moss, is no longer, and never again will be a Minnesota Viking...as awesome as it would be..give it up.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Never say never.
    I would put the odds of Moss coming back at about 5%, but all it takes is a motivated owner with good people skills and a bag of money.
    If Wilf wanted Moss(which nobody could know but Wilf really) don't believe he couldn't do a good job of trying to convince Moss to come here.
    Like I said probably about a 5% chance, but I'm not one of the guys from the peanut gallery that like to back themselves into a corner.
    Crazier things have happened.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

i'm just stating the fact that if New England thought highly enough of him, the would have franchised him and then tried to work out a multi-year deal... so just for a second; if he is a free agent, why not us?

* his main problem with our organization first go around was the cheapness of red to build a playoff caliber 'D'
    --> we have that now, along with the most explosive running back since Barry Sanders.
    * Wouldn't it be genious for Zygi to bring Minnesota's Idol Wide Reciever back home, sell tickets, and push harder towards a stadium deal?
    * NOT Saying it's going to happen, but with our #1 need position being WR; this move makes so much sense
    P.S. he said he wanted to retire a week during media day of the Super Bowl! And T-jack's deep ball is not suspect, replace Williamson with any ordinary blind man, and T-jack would have had several long connections to his resume!
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Id be hoping and more confident if he hit the market...but i just don't think there's much of a chance the guy leaves NE, at all, thats what i highly doubt. IF he hits the FA market and ditches NE (won't happen)...then there's a decent chance, people are thiking too far ahead..lets just see if he ends up leaving NE before we talk about signing him...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast