Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings haven't decided whether use franchise tag

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089914
    3 players they must keep;

Rice
    Greenway
    Leber

They also need to keep either Robison or Edwards. We can't afford to lose both.
    You know, going into the offseason I wasn't to concerned over loosing Ben, however, now that I see Erin is a FA as well, I'm wondering if Jasper can step in at the Sam position.

I think he can, but would rather see them ink Erin to a deal, keep Jasper as the backup to the Mike and Sam and let Ben walk.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089917
    I am indifferent on them keeping Rice. I used to be a big fan but he has a hard time staying healthy and that little stunt he pulled last year really make me question his commitment. I feel that the WR's are a little under the radar this year and we could get an equal talent in the 2nd round and save a boatload of cash over what he will cost us to sign.

I don't care whether Edwards or Leber come back but I do want to see them sign Robison and for sure Greenway.
    What, no comment on the "Spielman" roles/responsibilities here? Take a closer look and then get back to me about who has what say when it comes to building the roster.

(Side note: This is the thread I said I was gonna go bump for ya if you hadn't commented in it)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090086
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089917
    I am indifferent on them keeping Rice. I used to be a big fan but he has a hard time staying healthy and that little stunt he pulled last year really make me question his commitment. I feel that the WR's are a little under the radar this year and we could get an equal talent in the 2nd round and save a boatload of cash over what he will cost us to sign.

I don't care whether Edwards or Leber come back but I do want to see them sign Robison and for sure Greenway.
    What, no comment on the "Spielman" roles/responsibilities here? Take a closer look and then get back to me about who has what say when it comes to building the roster.

(Side note: This is the thread I said I was gonna go bump for ya if you hadn't commented in it)
    I am not really sure what you are referring to. If you are referring to how things work now vs when Chilly was here you are comparing apples to bowling balls.

dfosterf is offline Coach

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089914
    3 players they must keep;

Rice
    Greenway
    Leber

They also need to keep either Robison or Edwards. We can't afford to lose both.
    That pretty much sums it up. When I realized we could split this offseason roughly in three, I began to feel WAY better about our chances next season.

We don't need to keep all 20 something FAs, but if we pick the right ones, sign an upgrade FA at 2 or 3 spots and have a decent to good draft, this team can be competitive and quite possibly pull off some surprise upsets! Sometimes, its nice being the underdog!

Leber and Robison are guys who know our system who have been proven contributors, AND, best yet, can most likely be resigned at moderate prices. I think those 2 are keepers, cuz for the cost, they'll give us a lot more flexibility in the draft and free agency (whenever it happens) taking the "must have," off of 2 current needs!

I hope we keep Rice too! When healthy, he and Harvin are one hell of a combo! But, I'm more than a bit worried about the probability that his large contract could crimp our cap style...especially if he continues to have injury issues.

And, I would still like to see an upgrade on the other outside spot opposite Rice, with Harvin playing more slot and RB!

There's a couple of positions that most mocks don't consider for us at 12...WR and OLB. IF, the best OLB in the draft is there, a guy who can cover and kill the run, an upgrade there could be huge, specially considering who is coaching LBs!

I've seen a mock or two with us grabbing Julio Jones in the first. It'd be a bit of a surprise, but that could sure add up to one hell of a top three WR core!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12