Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings have their eyes on QB Matt Ryan

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    The only quarterbacks that I would be happy with if the Vikings draft are Ryan, Brohm, Flacco, Ainge and O'Connell. I don't really like anyone else. Henne and Booty would be alright too, but I think Woodson is going to be a huge bust, and I can't see Josh Johnson panning out in the NFL either.
    I worry about Ainge.

The magazine says he was terribly inconsistent and lacked confidence most of the time.
    It says he will have to be broken down mentally and physically and rebuilt.

That kindof verbiage (again, I've never seen the kid play) scares me a bit.

O'Connell is another interesting prospect but he is a long way from being ready.
    Some of the stuff that worries me is that he only gets through his first read and then pulls the ball down and runs.
    Like the size and arm strenght he supposedly has though.
    Well I watched Ainge in a few games, and I never saw any of that. He always looked very poised in the pocket, and after watching him throw 7 TDs to best Kansas in the 4th overtime, I'm pretty convinced that mentally he has what it takes. He also started the season playing with a broken finger, so he also has the toughness that all great quarterbacks need.

He might not be the most accurate quarterback ever to play, but that will continue to improve (just like all rookie quarterbacks), and his career stats of 61% completions, 8700 yards, 72 TDs and 35 INTs would seem to say he is both fairly efficient and consistent. He also never had a QB rating less than 103 last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    DRAFT DENNIS DIXON

He will be a huge sleeper pick like Troy Smith

Injury to his knee kept him out of the top 4 this year.
    Great size and decent arm.
    Expierenced pocket passesr with sound mech and good acuracy and has the ability to read a defense.
    He struggles with accuracy at times and hasn't had alot of expierence as a drop back passer. A project with starter material if his knee is back at 100 percent.
    Best fit will be with a WCO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't think he will make it past Baltimore

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    The only quarterbacks that I would be happy with if the Vikings draft are Ryan, Brohm, Flacco, Ainge and O'Connell. I don't really like anyone else. Henne and Booty would be alright too, but I think Woodson is going to be a huge bust, and I can't see Josh Johnson panning out in the NFL either.
    I worry about Ainge.

The magazine says he was terribly inconsistent and lacked confidence most of the time.

O'Connell is another interesting prospect but he is a long way from being ready.
    Some of the stuff that worries me is that he only gets through his first read and then pulls the ball down and runs.
    Well I watched Ainge in a few games, and I never saw any of that. He always looked very poised in the pocket, and after watching him throw 7 TDs to best Kansas in the 4th overtime, I'm pretty convinced that mentally he has what it takes. He also started the season playing with a broken finger, so he also has the toughness that all great quarterbacks need.

He might not be the most accurate quarterback ever to play, but that will continue to improve (just like all rookie quarterbacks), and his career stats of 61% completions, 8700 yards, 72 TDs and 35 INTs would seem to say he is both fairly efficient and consistent. He also never had a QB rating less than 103 last year.
    Thanks, thats what I don't get from reading all this crap
    ;D.

Do you think the broken finger could have lead the writer to see some accuracy issues?

He had 233 attempts in 2006 for 2,989 yds and threw 325 tiems in 2007 for 3,522 yards.
    Seems that many more throws and his yardage would have gone up a bit more.

Again, I don't know, just asking.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    DRAFT DENNIS DIXON

He will be a huge sleeper pick like Troy Smith

Injury to his knee kept him out of the top 4 this year.
    Great size and decent arm.
    Expierenced pocket passesr with sound mech and good acuracy and has the ability to read a defense.
    He struggles with accuracy at times and hasn't had alot of expierence as a drop back passer. A project with starter material if his knee is back at 100 percent.
    Best fit will be with a WCO.

I like the moble QBs

He has a solid arm and can move the chains

Id like to take a chance on him

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think the Bears are a QB away from being a contender.. It says it on there

Although if Ryan slips it would help them alot and could MAYBE push for a wildcard

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    I worry about Ainge.

;D.

Do you think the broken finger could have lead the writer to see some accuracy issues?

He had 233 attempts in 2006 for 2,989 yds and threw 325 tiems in 2007 for 3,522 yards.

I don't know where the writer is coming from when he says Ainge isn't accurate. He isn't a surgeon out on the field, but he gets the job done, he has good accuracy, but nothing amazing. Matt Ryan has a carreer completelion percentage of 59.9%, and he is being talked as a top 10 pick, so I don't know why anyone would question Ainge's accuracy.

Ainge also missed most of the offseason workouts before his senior year because he tore the meniscus in his knee during practice (as well as breaking a finger) and still was able to start the season. And although he will never scare anyone with his legs, he was only sacked 3 times last year, which I think is more important than rushing for 1000 yards.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I like Brohm, Brennan and Ryan, either of the three would be fine with me...

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    I worry about Ainge.

;D.

I don't know where the writer is coming from when he says Ainge isn't accurate. He isn't a surgeon out on the field, but he gets the job done, he has good accuracy, but nothing amazing. Matt Ryan has a carreer completelion percentage of 59.9%, and he is being talked as a top 10 pick, so I don't know why anyone would question Ainge's accuracy.

Ainge also missed most of the offseason workouts before his senior year because he tore the meniscus in his knee during practice (as well as breaking a finger) and still was able to start the season. And although he will never scare anyone with his legs, he was only sacked 3 times last year, which I think is more important than rushing for 1000 yards.
    The author doesn't say anything about accuracy.
    He say he was terribly inconsistent and lacked confidence most of the time.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I think Ryan's problem is just speculation by the writer anyways meaning that the writers of this sh!t can ruin someone draft credibilty

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast