Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings have their eyes on QB Matt Ryan

No Cox's just don't point fingers in the way BUMS do...that is what is funny.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Whats funny is that you guys have locked on to the BUM comment and totally ignored the fact that someone compared WHite to Woodson. White had the arm strenght of a wet noodle. Woodson has 1 of the strongest arms this year.
    No...I simply listed a couple of QBs whose numbers were great in college. I did this to illustrate the fact that great college QB does not = great pro QB.
    As far as the stong arm. We already have a QB with one of the stongest arms in the league as a project, why get another one? Maybe in the 5th or 6th. The only QB worth drafting before that is Brohm or Henne IMO. Perhaps Booty in the 4th.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Texanvike" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=43461.msg746197#msg746197 date=1206412960]
    [quote author=Chazz link=topic=43461.msg746181#msg746181 date=1206411722]
    I'm not sold on Woodson. He was undenialably great at KU. Jason White was great at OU, as well as Dorsey at Miami. Woodson reminds me too much of Leftwich and Campell for my liking. I think Brohm and Henne are the best in the draft. In that order.
    Jason White was a bum. Never had the arm strenght and has the knee injuries.

Woodson has the arm and the agility as well as the accuraccy.
    Bhomn is no sloch either.
    Jason White was not a bum.
    He was a great college quarterback.
    Just because someone doesn't make it in the NFL, doesn't mean they're a bum.
    No he was a bum i.e homeless man.
    He played behind an amazing line, had possibly the greatest running back in college history, a great WR corps and a defense that made him look good. he guy was so overated, it wasn't even funny. Thta;s why my K- State Wildcats threw OU a beatdown in the Big 12 game.
    white was just a college QB, not a pro QB
    that doesnt make him a bum, im sure he rarely thought he was gonna be the next favre or manning, he played football while getting a free education, i wish i could do that
    look at the heisman winning qbs that never was thought/did anything in the nfl, troy smith and eric crouch....you think they are bums too?
    Hershel Walker? Was he a bum? prime example...
    [/quote]

No he was not a bum. Mike Lynn was. No one should hang what Mike Lynn did on Walker. Walker isn't to blame one iota.
    [/quote]

Exactly Steve

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    Whats funny is that you guys have locked on to the BUM comment and totally ignored the fact that someone compared WHite to Woodson. White had the arm strenght of a wet noodle. Woodson has 1 of the strongest arms this year.
    No...I simply listed a couple of QBs whose numbers were great in college. I did this to illustrate the fact that great college QB does not = great pro QB.
    As far as the stong arm. We already have a QB with one of the stongest arms in the league as a project, why get another one? Maybe in the 5th or 6th. The only QB worth drafting before that is Brohm or Henne IMO. Perhaps Booty in the 4th.
    Lets just forget it. The discussion is only getting off track. I don't even feel like explain the great differences between tjack and Woodson or WHite and Woodson. Let me leave you with 1 word. Leadership. Neither of the guys you mentioned were able to WILL their college teams to vicotries. Woodson WILLED UK to 2OT win over LSU. Yes LSU the national champs who have a team so stacked it's crazy. Woodson is also a record setter. Most passes without an INT record shows me he takes care of the ball. What makes him even better is that he plays in the SEC; the best confrence in the NCAA.

The other guys you are talking about put up stats against no bodies. WHite played no one and had an OL and defense it so good it's scary. Did I mention AD( when he wasn't banged up)
    was on the feild as well as Mark Clayton( Ravens) He put up stats againt North Texas.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    Lets just forget it. The discussion is only getting off track. I don't even feel like explain the great differences between tjack and Woodson or WHite and Woodson. Let me leave you with 1 word. Leadership. Neither of the guys you mentioned were able to WILL their college teams to vicotries. Woodson WILLED UK to 2OT win over LSU. Yes LSU the national champs who have a team so stacked it's crazy. Woodson is also a record setter. Most passes without an INT record shows me he takes care of the ball. What makes him even better is that he plays in the SEC; the best confrence in the NCAA.

The other guys you are talking about put up stats against no bodies. WHite played no one and had an OL and defense it so good it's scary. Did I mention AD( when he wasn't banged up)
    was on the feild as well as Mark Clayton( Ravens) He put up stats againt North Texas.
    He "willed" them?
    ???
    :-\

Did he find the magic bush with the mind control seeds?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:

He "willed" them?
    ???

WILL Smith helped him out

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:

He "willed" them?
    ???

Willed: Diligent purposefulness; determination
    i.e. Woodson thru his diligence and determination....willed his team to a victory that other Qbs could not secure.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:

He "willed" them?
    ???

i.e. Woodson thru his diligence and determination....willed his team to a victory that other Qbs could not secure.
    Ugh...if we get Woodson I might shoot myself.
    He does not fit in our offense with his long throwing motion and below average consistency.
    I'd much rather have just about anyone else but him.
    Not saying he won't ever be successful, but I don't think he'd be successful here unless we changed coaching staffs and he had 2 years to learn under a vet.
    Brohm is the man we need if we plan on drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:

He "willed" them?
    ???

Ugh...if we get Woodson I might shoot myself.
    He does not fit in our offense with his long throwing motion and below average consistency.
    I'd much rather have just about anyone else but him.
    Not saying he won't ever be successful, but I don't think he'd be successful here unless we changed coaching staffs and he had 2 years to learn under a vet.
    Brohm is the man we need if we plan on drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.
    Which is what is really important in all of this.

It doesn't matter how talented he is, if his skill set doesn't match the scheme it is crazy to even think they will draft him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Where did you read about his happy feet?
    I have yet to see that. I think people put too much stock into throwing mechanics.
    His dilivery is fine. I don' tthink you throw 317 completions w/o an int in the SEC with a slow release.
    Sometimes scouts need something to pick on. His accuracy is there, the arm strenght his there and the mobility is there. Yet you rather take Ryan who lacks accuracy, arm strenght, mobility and makes poor decisions? Which Qb sounds more like a project?
    My bet is Ryan become a Kyle Boller.

Did i mention you questioned Woodsons 1 season of greatness....but Ryan had less than half a season of.
    Btw check out Woodson's 2006 stats. I would say 2 great seasons considering he led the KU team to the first bowl game in 22 years in 2006.
    No, but Woodson didn't do that either. He threw 11 interceptions that year. Are you trying to sell us a bill of goods that those 11 int's happened within his first or last 10 completions?

I'm not buying it.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/andrewoodson.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast