Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    There was this chat at the danish NFL/College site Draftday.dk, where me, cog and simon among others are members..

    I asked one of the experts at the chat about who the Vikings have talked to and he answered

    Dustin Frye, Offensive Guard - Clemson
    Earl Everett, Outside Linebacker - Florida
    Kareem Brown, Defensive Tackle, The U!, Miami
    Ryan Harris, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame
    Brian Leonard, Runningback, Fullback, Rutgers

    -

    So it looks as if the Vikings are very interested about drafting some offensive linemen at some point - and i also like that we have talked to Brian Leonard, Jacob(the expert) described him as a guy who possible could replace Tony Richardson at some point.


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    It all starts up front.
    Childress is a big proponent of good lines, so it doesn't surprise me that we are looking at people to patch up our right side.

    Joe Thomas would be my dream come true, but I doubt he will make it past the Lions, and there is no way in hell he makes it past Arizona.
    So taking a OL in the first round seems unlikely for me.

    I like Ryan Harris, and he is expected to be an early second round pick, so this is definately a possibility.
    Here is the scouting report on him:
    Strengths:
    Very athletic with good quickness and agility...Extremely light on his feet...Has a good frame with long arms and the room to get bigger yet...Able to handle speed rushers off the edge...Displays outstanding balance...Very smart and doesn't miss assignments...Mobile with good range and can get to the second level...Four-year starter with a ton of experience against elite competition...Still has some upside.

    Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have the ideal bulk you look for and struggles to maintain his weight...Not very powerful and needs to get stronger...A bit passive and he may lack that killer instinct...Does not always play up to his talent level...Not real stout at the point of attack and will get pushed back...Average as a run blocker...Questionable motor?

    Notes:
    Father, Kevin, played football at Wisconsin-Stout...Was featured on MTV's "True Life" in August of 2003...Hails from the same Cretin-Derham Hall high school that produced Steve Walsh, Chris Weinke and Joe Mauer, among others...He might be able to play left tackle in the pros...Relatively rare athlete at the position who has the physical tools you look for and just needs to become a little more consistent.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    FYI, I only recognized Leonard and Harris.
    Anybody have any information on the others?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    sirweeze's Avatar
    sirweeze is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    175

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    leonard would be a GREAT pick... itd be nice to see anthony gonzalez on that list too

  5. #5
    sirweeze's Avatar
    sirweeze is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    175

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    "sirweeze" wrote:
    leonard would be a GREAT pick... itd be nice to see anthony gonzalez on that list too
    i dont mean a great pick at #7 obviously, but maybe in the 3rd round?

    does anyone know where gonzalez is projected to go?

  6. #6
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    It all starts up front.
    Childress is a big proponent of good lines, so it doesn't surprise me that we are looking at people to patch up our right side.

    Joe Thomas would be my dream come true, but I doubt he will make it past the Lions, and there is no way in hell he makes it past Arizona.
    So taking a OL in the first round seems unlikely for me.

    I like Ryan Harris, and he is expected to be an early second round pick, so this is definately a possibility.
    Here is the scouting report on him:
    Strengths:
    Very athletic with good quickness and agility...Extremely light on his feet...Has a good frame with long arms and the room to get bigger yet...Able to handle speed rushers off the edge...Displays outstanding balance...Very smart and doesn't miss assignments...Mobile with good range and can get to the second level...Four-year starter with a ton of experience against elite competition...Still has some upside.

    Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have the ideal bulk you look for and struggles to maintain his weight...Not very powerful and needs to get stronger...A bit passive and he may lack that killer instinct...Does not always play up to his talent level...Not real stout at the point of attack and will get pushed back...Average as a run blocker...Questionable motor?

    Notes:
    Father, Kevin, played football at Wisconsin-Stout...Was featured on MTV's "True Life" in August of 2003...Hails from the same Cretin-Derham Hall high school that produced Steve Walsh, Chris Weinke and Joe Mauer, among others...He might be able to play left tackle in the pros...Relatively rare athlete at the position who has the physical tools you look for and just needs to become a little more consistent.
    totally of subject for a minute but these are the exact same type of student taht Brewster needs toi keep in state.

    But I think that Chilli knows that he has to do something to shore up the front
    Line. Personally I would rather see then take some chancews in the later rounds where they have seemed to have the best luck with OL. and just hit FA hard for OL

  7. #7
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    NFLDraftcountdown.com has us observing the following:

    Monday:
    Ryan Kalil, Center, USC
    Chase Pittman, Defensive End, LSU
    Kenneth Darby, Runningback, Auburn

    Tuesday:
    Jason Hill, Wide Reciever, Washington St.
    Brandon Myles, Wide Reciever, West Virginia
    Kolby Smith, Runningback, Louisville
    Paul Posluszny, Linebacker, Penn St
    Tony Hunt, Runningback, Penn St
    Victor Abiamiri, Defensive End, Notre Dame
    & already mentioned
    Earl Everett, Linebacker, Florida
    Kareem Brown, Defensive Tackle, The U!


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  8. #8
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    "skum" wrote:
    NFLDraftcountdown.com has us observing the following:

    Monday:
    Ryan Kalil, Center, USC
    Chase Pittman, Defensive End, LSU
    Kenneth Darby, Runningback, Auburn

    Tuesday:
    Jason Hill, Wide Reciever, Washington St.
    Brandon Myles, Wide Reciever, West Virginia
    Kolby Smith, Runningback, Louisville
    Paul Posluszny, Linebacker, Penn St
    Tony Hunt, Runningback, Penn St
    Victor Abiamiri, Defensive End, Notre Dame
    & already mentioned
    Earl Everett, Linebacker, Florida
    Kareem Brown, Defensive Tackle, The U!
    I gotta root for Myles since I am a WVU fan.
    We rarely throw the ball but when we did he was always money.

  9. #9
    PacMan21's Avatar
    PacMan21 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    164

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    Ryan Harris would be great, he's a local boy and has a great head on his shoulders. He's a physical beast and will be a great Tackle for any team that gets him.


    Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

  10. #10
    gr8vike's Avatar
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    509

    Re: Vikings have talked to following players at the senior bowl

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    FYI, I only recognized Leonard and Harris.
    Anybody have any information on the others?
    Kareem Brown
    Defensive Tackle | Senior | Miami (FL)
    Height: 6-5 | Weight: 315 | 40-Time: 5.10


    Official Bio


    Strengths:
    Has excellent size and a big frame with long arms...Good strength...Stout and can hold his ground at the point...Athletic and quick with a burst...Is able to penetrate and collapse the pocket...Playmaker who shows glimpses of greatness...Effective against both the pass and run...Had a great final campaign...Has a lot of upside.

    Weaknesses:
    Does not play with great leverage...Has a ways to go in terms of technique...Has an inconsistent motor...Instincts and awareness are question marks...Has trouble disengaging from blocks...Doesn't have a lot of starting experience...His pass rush repertoire is limited...An underachiever who doesn't always play up to his ability.

    Notes:
    Was used in a rotation for most of his career but really came on as a senior when he was given an expanded role...Intriguing prospect who has not yet reached his full potential but has everything you look for physically...Boom or bust type who is still improving and was pretty productive whenever he was given an opportunity.

    Dustin Fry
    Center | Senior | Clemson Dustin Fry
    Height: 6-3 | Weight: 320 | 40-Time: 5.30


    Official Bio


    Strengths:
    Has good size and a solid frame...Powerful with outstanding strength...Versatile and could project to a number of positions...Tough and a hard worker with good intangibles...Displays excellent balance and stays on his feet...Plays with superb leverage...Packs a solid initial punch to stun...A real mauler in the running game.

    Weaknesses:
    Is not very quick or athletic...Has limited mobility...Does not always play up to his impressive weight room numbers...Struggles with speed and in space...He has some minor durability concerns...Only started for two years and is still raw...His footwork leaves something to be desired...Potential might be all but maxed out.

    Notes:
    A state champion wrestler and shot putter in high school...Can reportedly bench 225 pounds an outstanding 36 times...Could also project to guard...An intriguing prospect who could be a workout warrior but he looks like a prototypical backup.


    Earl Everett
    Outside Linebacker | Senior | Florida
    Height: 6-3 | Weight: 234 | 40-Time: 4.55


    Official Bio


    Strengths:
    Excellent athlete...Has very good speed and quickness...Outstanding range and makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Smooth in coverage and has fluid hips...Has the frame to get bigger...Can rush the passer and makes some plays behind the line of scrimmage...Productive with a ton of experience against elite SEC competition.

    Weaknesses:
    Undersized and lacks the bulk that you look for...He is not overly physical and has trouble taking on blockers...Does not have great instincts or read and react that well...Arrives on the scene an instant too late at times...Is he a workout warrior?

    Notes:
    Played quarterback, tight end, middle linebacker, outside linebacker, defensive end, safety and kick returner in high school...An impressive physical specimen but doesn't always play up to those measurables...Will more than likely be one of the top senior linebackers available...A candidate for the weakside at the next level.





    Thanks PPE for the Sig

    Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings attend Senior Bowl in search of QBs
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 02:32 AM
  2. Who did you like in the Senior Bowl Game for the Vikes to take?
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 08:43 AM
  3. Senior Bowl Info Site....
    By DEEP PURPLE in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 07:58 PM
  4. Senior Bowl Thread!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
  5. Senior Bowl 2006
    By vikesoto in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 03:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •