Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "singersp" wrote:
    Sweet! The teams with no cap space or in the minus should be cutting players to get where they need to be. Better for us. :wink:
    Yeah, one of the guys interviewed described it as a lot of bloodshed will happen, meaning cuts if the CBA doesn't get worked out.

  2. #12
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    Rob Brzezinski is a CAP GOD!
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  3. #13
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Sweet! The teams with no cap space or in the minus should be cutting players to get where they need to be. Better for us. :wink:
    Yeah, one of the guys interviewed described it as a lot of bloodshed will happen, meaning cuts if the CBA doesn't get worked out.
    So that would be better for us? Giving us an opportunity to sign a cap heavy player on a low salary cap team? :???:

  4. #14
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Could we actually be LUCKY for once? Could it be that our cap situation has hit a good spot at EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME?! This is unheard of in Viking football! I hope it works out like Peter King says it will, because it could be a HUGE advantage.
    We've had great cap space in other years, this year being no different, except Wilf is the owner & not what's his name.

    I Believe we had 25 mil last year.
    Yeah ... our cap situation is very similar this season. Last year we had a little bit more on a lower cap ... so it was a larger percentage of space ... but it is still pretty similar this season ...

  5. #15
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Could we actually be LUCKY for once? Could it be that our cap situation has hit a good spot at EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME?! This is unheard of in Viking football! I hope it works out like Peter King says it will, because it could be a HUGE advantage.
    We've had great cap space in other years, this year being no different, except Wilf is the owner & not what's his name.

    I Believe we had 25 mil last year.
    Yeah ... our cap situation is very similar this season. Last year we had a little bit more on a lower cap ... so it was a larger percentage of space ... but it is still pretty similar this season ...
    Imagine if we went out and got FA's like last year. We would be a defenite super bowl contender.

    Let's try to pull another one of those cowart trades. That was sick. :smile:

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Sweet! The teams with no cap space or in the minus should be cutting players to get where they need to be. Better for us. :wink:
    Yeah, one of the guys interviewed described it as a lot of bloodshed will happen, meaning cuts if the CBA doesn't get worked out.
    So that would be better for us? Giving us an opportunity to sign a cap heavy player on a low salary cap team? :???:
    It means more players will be let go by teams needing to free up cap space, which means a bigger pool of players for us to look at signing.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    KFFL.com
    NFL | League moving closer to a labor deal?
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:29:18 -0800

    Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the NFL appears on the verge of reaching agreement on a new labor pact with its players union. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Monday, Feb. 27, that progress has been made. An agreement reached this week would likely delay the start of the free-agent signing period, which is scheduled to begin Friday, March 3. Jones said negotiations between the league and the NFL Players Association could continue until Thursday, March 2.


    Chuch.

  8. #18
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "Vikes" wrote:
    Rob Brzezinski is a CAP GOD!
    Thats because Red was such a cheap butt.

  9. #19
    tylersieve's Avatar
    tylersieve is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    189

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    ok the F/A i would like on minnesota is adam vinitari, julian peterson,ray lewis ( if becomes F/A)...we dont need edge or shaun..go get morony...i would like to see lecharles bently move him to Gaurd...if we dont get him get eslinger
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

  10. #20
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Vikings Have Big Bucks To Spend

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Sweet! The teams with no cap space or in the minus should be cutting players to get where they need to be. Better for us. :wink:
    Yeah, one of the guys interviewed described it as a lot of bloodshed will happen, meaning cuts if the CBA doesn't get worked out.
    So that would be better for us? Giving us an opportunity to sign a cap heavy player on a low salary cap team? :???:
    It means more players will be let go by teams needing to free up cap space, which means a bigger pool of players for us to look at signing.
    So waiting the extra month could be a blessing in disguise... hmmm. :grin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Don't expect the Vikings to spend like it's 2008 on free agents
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
  2. Vikings spend, but is it wisely?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 08:20 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 02:00 PM
  4. Vikings Pillows from HSN 10 bucks...
    By kelmino in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 01:13 AM
  5. Packers, Vikings have $30M-plus to spend
    By Navycoach in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 10:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •