Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings - Free Agent Prospects

I don't wan't Stevens either. I think he's a jerk.

Also I don't think we should go for Gonzales. Even if he bounced back this year after having a bad year the season before he is 33 years old, and I don't think he has that many big seasons left in him.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, so much to pick from.
    In my opinion we do need to look into the QB position.
    Huard might not be a bad pick up.
    He did pretty well for the Chiefs this year while Green was recovering.
    Schaub, well... I wanted him before, but I'm not convinced he would necessarily be the answer that we're looking for.
    Garcia has played solidly since taking over for McNabb, but he's been so hot and cold in his career.
    I don't know that I would trust him to play for more than a year or two and we need to find our QB for the future.
    Not change every year or two.
    Yes, yes I know we have TJack, the almight, but I'm not putting my chickens in his basket.

I would prefer to stay away from all of those WR's.
    None of them are going to be better than what we have and that says a lot!

Little IMO would be a great pick up.
    I have a feeling the Rams will resign him though

Twolves214 is offline Waterboy

Getting a good reciever like drew bennett would be nice, he would make a good 2nd or 3rd option because the guy tall and has good hands (reminds me of M-Rob
    )

Dwight Freeney would be a great guy to get but youd expect him to ask for alot of $$$ and we do need a pass rusher, but i think vikings could look somewhere else depending on the price tag.

As for Tight End, i like Tony Gonzalez but he is getting pretty old, but i think daniel gram would be a better fit because hes tough and fast and he would benefit the team in the long run.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I think Kevin Curtis will turn out to be more than a solid player.Would love to have him here on the team. And I would go nuts if we picked up Freeny, But he will probably be franchised.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Wow, so much to pick from.
    In my opinion we do need to look into the QB position.
    Huard might not be a bad pick up.
    He did pretty well for the Chiefs this year while Green was recovering.
    Schaub, well... I wanted him before, but I'm not convinced he would necessarily be the answer that we're looking for.
    Garcia has played solidly since taking over for McNabb, but he's been so hot and cold in his career.
    I don't know that I would trust him to play for more than a year or two and we need to find our QB for the future.
    Not change every year or two.
    Yes, yes I know we have TJack, the almight, but I'm not putting my chickens in his basket.

I would prefer to stay away from all of those WR's.
    None of them are going to be better than what we have and that says a lot!

Little IMO would be a great pick up.
    I have a feeling the Rams will resign him though

I really think that if Jerry Porter is used to his strenghts, he can be a great WR in the NFL.. He is for sure better then anything we have currently on our team..

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Porter won't last a day the way he opens his mouth and conducts himself. I'm kinda on the fence about Garcia. I don't think that getting Leftwich would be such a bad thing for TJ. Little would be a solid pick up, Freeny is gonna cost too much coin. How come there were no DBs on the list? NC from Buffalo might be interesting.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"grpape" wrote:
    Porter won't last a day the way he opens his mouth and conducts himself. I'm kinda on the fence about Garcia. I don't think that getting Leftwich would be such a bad thing for TJ. Little would be a solid pick up, Freeny is gonna cost too much coin. How come there were no DBs on the list? NC from Buffalo might be interesting.
    I would jump on Leftwich too, but the problem is that Leftwich is still young, so it might send mixed signals.. But if we could sign him to like a 2 year contract it would be an ideal pickup..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Donte Stallworth would be a good fit.. I had no clue he was a FA. He has great potential to be a #1 receiver if he kept of the injury report. I would feel somewhat comfortable if we could get a combo of Bennett, Stallworth and eric johnson or tony gonzalez. That would be a better combo than what the chiefs have now with their running attack and they still manage to succeed.

I see Garcia ending up here just because of Childress.

Allen would be a nice end but he's an RFA. Freeney and Grant have huge pricetags... Either way a lot of those DE's are better than what we have now.

Add in a good o-lineman in the draft and we have a great offense with a defense that can still pack the run stuffing punch but also pass rush.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Wow, the pickings for WR are really slim because we need a #1 WR in FA. I don't know why we need another TE with Wiggins still under contract (Childress doesn't use them that much anyway). I think we will make a hard push for a pass rushing D-Lineman.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Donte Stallworth would be a good fit.. I had no clue he was a FA. He has great potential to be a #1 receiver if he kept of the injury report. I would feel somewhat comfortable if we could get a combo of Bennett, Stallworth and eric johnson or tony gonzalez. That would be a better combo than what the chiefs have now with their running attack and they still manage to succeed.

I see Garcia ending up here just because of Childress.

Allen would be a nice end but he's an RFA. Freeney and Grant have huge pricetags... Either way a lot of those DE's are better than what we have now.

Add in a good o-lineman in the draft and we have a great offense with a defense that can still pack the run stuffing punch but also pass rush.
    Nice post.
    I would love to get Stallworth here.
    He is a very talented reciever that can stretch the field.
    If we have a shot at Freeney, I think we should take it.
    The impact you can get from a player like him does wonders for a team.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast