Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings Free Agency Notes Galore

maybe this guy is larry johnson..how do you guys know? dont bash this guy until he gets on the field..if he comes out of this and emerges as one of the leagues top backs, then you will be banging your head against the wall wondering why you were so objective to the signing..i like it, because the guy has alot to prove, and i think he will step up and do that..ive seen him play very little, but he has done well playing spot duty for the ravens..its kind of hard to just step in and take the job away from a guy that just ran for 2000 yards in a season recently
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

"olson_10" wrote:
    "JTSnow" wrote:
    Hey dude, Chester Taylor is a good running back. I live in Baltimore and know alot about him, he's good but never putted up big numbers cuz of Jamal, he will fit into are west coast offense, believe me, Chester Taylor will be a good signing.
    i was waiting for somebody who has seen him play to have an input..we cant really knock this guy until we see what he has..we obviously have had scouts watching him all year long, so our front office knows what theyre doing in signing this guy
    amen to that, but the one big question mark on this guy is, he has never been a starter, and no one really knows what he will do as a full time back, but I think he will be a great RB.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

"olson_10" wrote:
    maybe this guy is larry johnson..how do you guys know? dont bash this guy until he gets on the field..if he comes out of this and emerges as one of the leagues top backs, then you will be banging your head against the wall wondering why you were so objective to the signing..i like it, because the guy has alot to prove, and i think he will step up and do that..ive seen him play very little, but he has done well playing spot duty for the ravens..its kind of hard to just step in and take the job away from a guy that just ran for 2000 yards in a season recently
    I 100% agree with you
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Hawgski" wrote:
    "Williamson8211" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    I still don't understand why we are going after Chester Taylor.
    I agree with you 1000000000%

If you are trying to win a Super Bowl, you are going to have to wait 2 to 3 years for Talyor to fully develop, while Edgerrin James is on the market and we have the 2nd most cap room???

:scratch:
    Your statement is proof of why you are here in the PPO chat room instead of the War Room at Winter Park.

Chester Taylor does not need 2-3 yrs to develop. He is ready to rock now. He will not gobble up as much cap as Edge, therefore there will be more in the bank for other FA's. The key to a great offense is up front. If we don't have a top OL it doesn't matter who is in the back field.
    People just want the biggest names. It's an instant gratification sort of thing.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

KFFL says we aew getting Edge in the FA market and has the Vikes drafting LB's with our first two picks in the draft.

I hope this doesn't mean we won't go after Peterson and Whitherspoon

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"jaymz7" wrote:
    KFFL says we aew getting Edge in the FA market and has the Vikes drafting LB's with our first two picks in the draft.

I hope this doesn't mean we won't go after Peterson and Whitherspoon

post a link, I want to read this article. Thanks :grin:

OregonViking is offline Rookie

Last December, Taylor fumbled 3 out of 4 weeks, (including the game against the Vikings, so i'll give him points for that one instead! .

I hope the coaches can help him with that little part of the game. I really haven't seen him play, so as long as he holds on to the ball, rock on!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Good rumors, just make it reality. I want witherspoon and Hutchinson
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

WE already have "good" running backs. The last thing we need is another one that has only proven he can be good in spot duty. We need a RB that can carry the rock every game all season long and produce.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"vikes09" wrote:
    bart scott might be the diamond in the rough. 92 tackles last year
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/303402
    and witherspoon had 81
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302150

talk about bolstering out linebackers.
    yeah considering the havoc that ray lewis creates in the middle this is quite a bit of tackles for this guy.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast