Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Free Agency Notes Galore

Vikings Free Agency Notes Galore

Date: Mar 11, 2006

The Vikings are planning to meet with one free agent while numerous others who have been speculated on are visiting other teams around the league. Get news on many of the players connected to the Vikings over the last month.

As we reported at the NFL Combine last month, the Vikings have a strong interest in Baltimore running back Chester Taylor. The team is expected to meet with him Saturday, and if the Vikings’ past free agent meetings are any indication, look for them to not let him leave Winter Park before either working out a deal or walking away without hope.

Chances are, the latter will be the case, as the Vikings have money to spend.

The Vikings also reportedly had an interest in New Orleans center/guard LeCharles Bentley, but we haven’t been able to confirm that interest. There are indications that Bentley has already signed with a team, but Scout.com hasn’t yet been able to confirm that. Philadelphia was expected to make the strongest push for him. He reportedly turned down a chance to visit with the San Diego Chargers.

Instead of going after Bentley, the Vikings are expected to make a push for Seattle guard Steve Hutchinson, who was given the transition tag.

The Vikings might be in the market for a strong safety with Willie Offord coming off of ACL surgery. One player thought to be a potential fit is Carolina’s Marlon McCree. However, McCree has a visit scheduled with San Diego.

The top safety on the market, Adam Archuleta, has been contacted by the Washington Redskins.

Baltimore linebacker Bart Scott would like a chance to talk with the Vikings, and the Vikings are seeking linebackers. Linebacker Ben Leber is thought to be of interest for the team.

The top outside linebacker on the market, Carolina’s Will Witherspoon, is expected to visit the St. Louis Rams, who have contacted him. He could garner $5 million a year.

Quarterback Drew Brees, who Scout.com was told could be a target of the Vikings if they trade Daunte Culpepper, has visits scheduled with New Orleans and Miami over the weekend. Oakland released quarterback Kerry Collins Saturday, opening the way to make the Raiders the favorites in the Daunte Culpepper race.

The Dolphins and Raiders are in the final bidding for Culpepper, according to ESPN’s John Clayton.

The Vikings re-signed wide receiver Koren Robinson to a three-year deal.

Despite coach Dennis Green saying at the combine that people shouldn’t expect the Cardinals to make a big splash in free agency with a major signing, running back Edgerrin James is visiting Arizona this weekend.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings Free Agency Notes Galore

I still don't understand why we are going after Chester Taylor.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey dude, Chester Taylor is a good running back. I live in Baltimore and know alot about him, he's good but never putted up big numbers cuz of Jamal, he will fit into are west coast offense, believe me, Chester Taylor will be a good signing.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

bart scott might be the diamond in the rough. 92 tackles last year
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/303402
    and witherspoon had 81
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302150

talk about bolstering out linebackers.

"JTSnow" wrote:
    Hey dude, Chester Taylor is a good running back. I live in Baltimore and know alot about him, he's good but never putted up big numbers cuz of Jamal, he will fit into are west coast offense, believe me, Chester Taylor will be a good signing.
    haha, alright I guess I will take your word for it. I really hope we can get a good RB this offseason.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"JTSnow" wrote:

I agree 100 percent.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

i live in toledo and i have met him and i have his autograph i love this guy a lot but to tell you the truth i would rather have edge but we wont so i would love to have chester

How old is Chester?

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    I still don't understand why we are going after Chester Taylor.
    I guess we'll all see next season!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    How old is Chester?
    26 or 27, not really 100% sure
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast