Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Free Agency Notes

I agree with all that Del..

Chester will be pretty decent running behind that line.. MUCH improved

Koren, Burly, T-willy.. Yah we got weapons..

T-willy will end up the number 1 I bet.. Him and Brad got a good chemistry on the field.. He will be atleast number 2 I bet

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Oh forgot about Leber! Thanks Del..

EJ... Napo.... Leber

Anyone else think we could get by with this?

I do. Henderson has shown flashes as being a beast. Napo was just under coached, if he is taught well by Tomlin the new cover 2, he will be a very solid LB. We don't know much about Leber just yet, but everything I have read about him points to him being very explosive, and a great tackler. I am sure with the new system, we will be fine right there..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I agree with all that Del..

Chester will be pretty decent running behind that line.. MUCH improved

Koren, Burly, T-willy.. Yah we got weapons..

T-willy will end up the number 1 I bet.. Him and Brad got a good chemistry on the field.. He will be atleast number 2 I bet
    I almost posted the EXACT same thing. You have to love the speed our receivers possess.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I love what we've done in Free Agency.. All that we could have done to hit it (even further) out of the park would have been to sign a (I was going to say World Class but then realised that phrase doesn't work here) top-notch Middle Linebacker, but seeing as there weren't any in Free Agency I'm happy! While I don't think we'll see anything near 35 passes of 25 yards or more (through the air) during the season, we could see quite a few that go that far with the YAC column racking up the numbers.

Can't wait for the draft now..

:thumbleft:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

EJ... Napo.... Leber

They are a decent bunch but I do believe LB will be our main focus in the draft so we should upgrade the unit that way.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

wyorob is offline Starter

Its been a great off season so far and I think Childres has a whole lot more planned

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

Vrehna is offline Rookie

I'm not going to say that we have had a great offseason yet...

...what we have here is a good recovery. I disagree with the idea of shopping Dante around. What is even worse is that Dante even found out about it. I see that whole scenario as a smudge on the Vikings record this free agency.

Now with that being said, after hearing what Culpepper had to say, I am glad we traded him. His stay would be a cancer on the team, but he is worth more than a second round draft pick. Ever since Dante made his statement about wanting to be traded, I agree with everything that our management has attempted to achieve.

We have drastically improved our O-Line with Hutch. We finally have a running game with acquired RB Chester Taylor, and he actually might be affective with a solid O-Line to run behind. Lebers might help our LBs a bit, but more importantly, we need a healthy Harris, and an intelligent EJ. Unfortunetally, I have my doubts as to if EJ can fit in the new Defensive scheme we have here.

The only two questions left unanswered at this point are the Safetey situation, and what is going to happen with our lack of a solid QB. Brad Johnson is not the answer. He is a solid (and I mean Solid) QB for the Vikes, but his ability to stay healthy is in question. Throwing in a 1st round draft pick like Cutler is not the solution either. We need a solid middle man in the QB area. One with little ego, to not be bogged down by the fact that he is only a back up plan, but at the same time be ready to step up at any point and take over for a bit.

To me our number 1 and number 2 priorities should be as follows.

1) get our QB situation taken care of fast. If we are gonna draft for one, lets solidify the fact that we are going to get him.

2) finish what we started with the O-Line. Our Weakside is looking fantastic, but lets face it, if BJ was left handed, he would be killed out there in every game with our right side of the Line trying to protect him. Sign another Guard.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

I like Runyan, Neal, Arrington, & a backup QB like Brooks, Harington, or McMahon and that should conclude our free Agency.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

EJ... Napo.... Leber

Yes and we also have Thomas, Rod and Raonal (?) if we resign him (have not seen much interest for him in FA.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Pure speculation but, Vikings keeping in contact with Neal means there is an offer on the table but Neal is shopping around for more.
    My feeling is we will likely sign McMahon as a back up and draft a QB in the second round unless someone like Cutler falls to us at pick 17.
    I also am not thrilled with our linebackers. After seeing what people like Peppers, Trotter, and Erlacher have done for their teams, I would like to see one dominant LB on our defense. I miss Matt Blair and Studwell.
    We do have a pressing need in the defensive backfield also. I don't think you can expect to fill that need through the draft and expect it to work out for this year.
    There is also some possibility of a trade. There are one or two good players who I don't think fit the offensive scheme that may become trade bait.

VIKINGS FAN from birth to the grave!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast