Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Free Agency Notes

We are gonna have the best o line in the NFL but I don't think that our offense is gonna be very good this year. Koren took everyone by suprise last year and he didn't do much on offense anyway so don't expect him to be the next randy moss. I am not sold yet on chester taylor especially when Edge was avilable.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperImage42" wrote:
    sign mcmahon give him and the 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder get cutler and SHUT THE u no wat UP!

Now who do you think will take McMahon and a second rd pick for a first rd pick? First off, any team that is interested in McMahon, will go after him now that he is released. They won't wait for a team to sign him, then try and trade for him.

Look at it this way. If another team had McMahon right now, and asked the Vikings for a trade of McMahon, and their second rd pick for our #17 pick, we would all be saying that is a screwed up move, and lose respect for Wilf, and Childress. Makes no sense at all.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Sweet Kelly signed with the Dolphs..

Fowler is gonna start in Buffalo and be good..

And I hope Napo starts at MLB this year..

EJ.... Napo.... Rookie?

Del Rio Guest

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Sweet Kelly signed with the Dolphs..

Fowler is gonna start in Buffalo and be good..

And I hope Napo starts at MLB this year..

EJ.... Napo.... Rookie?
    Leber or whatever his name is will be in the LB core somewhere.

I am starting to get the feeling we may not draft a LB in the first.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    We are gonna have the best o line in the NFL but I don't think that our offense is gonna be very good this year. Koren took everyone by suprise last year and he didn't do much on offense anyway so don't expect him to be the next randy moss. I am not sold yet on chester taylor especially when Edge was avilable.
    Your first sentence extremely puzzles me. How many times have you heard the phrase, "football is won in the trenches." Where have you seen an offense with a good line but horrible production before?

No one's expecting the next Randy Moss, but the bottomline is Koren and Brad were the only DECENT looking players on offense last year. Everyone else looked horrible, so you have to look to those two as being our stars. Koren represented a minute chance of offensive explosiveness, so he will definetly start. Our players are not as bad as they looked; the system they were playing in was horrible.

To sum it all up, Koren is the only receiver capable of being the go-to-guy. Taylor has shown me NOTHING, Burelson is sadly about to leave, MRob too old, Williamson too young . It's not close to the best receiving corps, but we are llooking like a running team anyways, we don't need a Randy Moss.

I would much rather have Taylor and Hutchinson than Edge. We would not have been able to sign Hutch if we had gotten Edge.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V4L

Oh forgot about Leber! Thanks Del..

EJ... Napo.... Leber

Anyone else think we could get by with this?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

EJ... Napo.... Leber

I don't.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Del Rio Guest

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

EJ... Napo.... Leber

I think we would get along fine with that.

V4L

EJ- Best LB we have IMO.. Will be good..

Napo- Hurt last year.. Didn't really get a shot IMO.. He is very athletic and will be good.. Also the D was pretty crappy in the beginning.. With a solid D he will be just fine.. He was also learning a new way to play..

Leber- Apparently he is a good LB but only lost his job because the DROY took his spot when he was hurt and played extremely well

We don't need superstar LB's IMO.. It would be nice to add a LB somewhere in the draft but not with our 1st pick.. SS or QB

Del Rio Guest

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    Your first sentence extremely puzzles me. How many times have you heard the phrase, "football is won in the trenches." Where have you seen an offense with a good line but horrible production before?

No one's expecting the next Randy Moss, but the bottomline is Koren and Brad were the only DECENT looking players on offense last year. Everyone else looked horrible, so you have to look to those two as being our stars. Koren represented a minute chance of offensive explosiveness, so he will definetly start. Our players are not as bad as they looked; the system they were playing in was horrible.

To sum it all up, Koren is the only receiver capable of being the go-to-guy. Taylor has shown me NOTHING, Burelson is sadly about to leave, MRob too old, Williamson too young . It's not close to the best receiving corps, but we are llooking like a running team anyways, we don't need a Randy Moss.

I would much rather have Taylor and Hutchinson than Edge. We would not have been able to sign Hutch if we had gotten Edge.
    Marcus Robinson will still be up near the top of our WR's as usual.

I think the chemistry Troy Williamson showed with Brad Johnson will carry over to this season. Troy was Brads go to guy because they practiced together on second team offense.

If our line is as good as people say it will give Brad plenty of time, and Williamson as well.

I would be very surprised if K Robinson ended our season as our #1 WR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast