Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings found additions in ‘other’ leagues

As fans await the official start to the 2011 NFL season, one thing that can be said is that the guys behind the scenes at Winter Park that wield the power didn’t stop looking to improve the team even when they were down and out. There weren’t many other teams that were raiding the UFL, Arena League rosters or other teams’ practice squads. The Vikings did … all three.

Don’t be shocked to see other teams follow suit. Without the benefit of undrafted free agents, the Vikings could have gone after under usual circumstances, their forward thinking brought players in that can potentially address need at quarterback, running back, wide receiver and the secondary in the final days of the 2010 season.

It was brilliant given the lack of movement that would be allowed after the season. Just as likely, others have taken notice and we will see more of the raids taking place in the years to come.
    Vikings found additions in ‘other’ leagues
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings found additions in ‘other’ leagues

Kinda suprised they didn't mention Arceneaux or Awasom.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah, kinda shocked they never mentioned Arceneaux either :unsure:

I like Booker, think he will prove a useful find for us.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

At the end of last season, there wasn’t much to be happy about in Vikings Country. Both Green Bay and Chicago were heading to the playoffs. Detroit was gaining buzz as a team to watch moving forward. The Vikings went from a 12-men-in-the-huddle penalty away from the Super Bowl to finishing in last place in the NFC North – not only the first time since the NFC North was the NFC North, but in 20 years – finishing last in what used to be called the NFC Central.

Everyone else was getting noticed. The Vikings were getting noticed for things like the end of Brett Favre’s career, the collapse of the Metrodome roof, playing a home game in Detroit and playing on the first Tuesday Night Football game in league history. However, while the team was down, it didn’t stop the wheels from turning
    LOL! Doh! So Sad But True!

Yeah, they totally missed Arceneaux from the CFL! Dem boys been busy!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Wow. Weird! Wasn't quite ready to post that last one...This new interface doesn't seem to mesh right with my PC...?

But it it Good to to see our FO keeping at work!! I also liked how they traded back from the 5th for more later picks, to get a head start on the UDFAs too! Some had Fusco pretty high on the Center list, Love has a chance to develop, and Homan could be a STs demon!

I really liked the Booker pickup...he does fit a role we didn't quite have filled since AP and Gerhart are both bigger, power type guys. Sure, Harvin could be awesome in the spot too, but we Need him at WR!

Gotta do what we can, Cuz as the House Of Pain said, "When the shit goes down, Ya better be ready!" :P

Sounds like we'll have a 3 day weekend to resign our guys AND sign any UDFAs we like! Then, the true Free Agency revs up with possibly more FAs than ever before!?!? For one week of sign your guy quick cuz Training Camp is only 7 (or less) days away and the team needs all the practice they can get!!

I keep forgetting about Iglesias too! Decent size and speed, good wonderlic score, and return ability too. Perhaps another diamond in the rough!? Of course, him not making the Chicago squad is a lil startling! Maybe, Martz got more than a lil lucky with the talent he had in STL...Faulk, Holt, Bruce is one hell of a trio! Hopefully, we really did get some coaches who'll play to their players strengths and get the best out of them!

Hmmm, seems like we've gone after a bunch of return guys this off-season! Definitely a good spot to have depth at due to the chance of injury!