Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings focus on football, not Favre, as first OTA sessions begin

[size=13pt]Vikings focus on football, not Favre, as first OTA sessions begin[/size]

The first on-field look at Percy Harvin and the return of Kenechi Udeze are just two of the storylines to follow.

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

We interrupt the latest bit of Brett Favre "will he or won't he" speculation for some actual on-the-field news involving the Vikings.

Three weeks after Favre's release from the Jets began a nearly daily stream of reports that the quarterback would end his retirement to play in Minnesota, the Vikings will begin their first session of practices today that are part of Organized Team Activities.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings focus on football, not Favre, as first OTA sessions begin

That's normal

You move on with Sage and Jackson until told to otherwise

Good shit

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Actual news, we can use... Football is back ;D.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read GG.
    Actually caught Judd on the Sirius a couple of times when I was out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully the press will let the issue die down until something happens... otherwise the footsteps will follow this team and become more of a distraction.

And one isn't sure if the footsteps are those of a for now retired QB or the media not letting off the issue and seeing there is more to the team than one "maybe" member...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    Hopefully the press will let the issue die down until something happens... otherwise the footsteps will follow this team and become more of a distraction.

And one isn't sure if the footsteps are those of a for now retired QB or the media not letting off the issue and seeing there is more to the team than one "maybe" member...
    You know what my friend?
    I kindof like all the crap that is coming out of the press with respect to Lord Dickhead and the little crap that is coming out of the players at Winter Park.

Givem a taste of it.
    The way they are handling it now kindof gives me a warm fuzzy as it is an indicator of maturity on thier part, especially at the QB position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Agreed... they might as well get used to the presses fascination with Favre.. either way they are going to have to deal with it. If he remains unsigned the Press is showing no signs of letting off and if he signs.. well the rest of the team, well maybe outside of Peterson is going to be playing second fiddle to the attention and press he will get.

Depending on their makeup and maturity that can be a good thing or it will develop into a bad thing.. in ways it helped the Packers develop a resiliency last season.. but the media crush took its toll in the process.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Agreed... they might as well get used to the presses fascination with Favre.. either way they are going to have to deal with it. If he remains unsigned the Press is showing no signs of letting off and if he signs.. well the rest of the team, well maybe outside of Peterson is going to be playing second fiddle to the attention and press he will get.

Depending on their makeup and maturity that can be a good thing or it will develop into a bad thing.. in ways it helped the Packers develop a resiliency last season.. but the media crush took its toll in the process.
    Honestly, I think that will ony be an issue on Offense.
    And the fact that our Offense has no personality outside of Peterson is attributable to Chiller and his lack of ability to find someone to helm the ship.

Defensively, Favre's appearance will mean very little...other than there may be fewer three-n-outs.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

And the fact that our Offense has no personality outside of Peterson is attributable to Chiller and his lack of ability to find someone to helm the ship.

Defensively, Favre's appearance will mean very little...other than there may be fewer three-n-outs.

Caine
    There'll be fewer three-n-outs with Favre on offense as well

1st....

2nd....INTERCEPTED!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Caine
    There'll be fewer three-n-outs with Favre on offense as well

1st....

2nd....INTERCEPTED!

Lol

I don't want another turnover machine like Gus, but Favre can help