Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved praise

[size=13pt]Giving The Vikings Some Well-Deserved Praise[/size]

By Anthony Hall | March 2nd, 2008

mvn.com

In 48 hours, the brain trusts of this organization went from being frequent targets of criticism to deserving of generous praise. The Vikings came to play in free agency, and this has suddenly become a very exciting time to be a fan of the team.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Giving The Vikings Some Well-Deserved Praise

I agree. I never thought we would break the bank in FA. I thought this team would never learn. Im not happy with BB for 6 - 42 million but hopefully some of the last year is impractical and voidable( seems to be the trend now adays.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Chilldress now can build through the draft like he said he was going to

Im glad we didn't get Justin Smith

Playing Williams, Berrian and Smith all that money would be too much

Just add some quality players and we are set

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:

Im glad we didn't get Justin Smith

Playing Williams, Berrian and Smith all that money would be too much

Just add some quality players and we are set
    true, that would have been quite the bill.
    I definatly wouldn't mind seeing McCray here, let the other guys fight over Odom.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

[size=13pt]Vikings filled most of their glaring needs[/size]

VP Rick Spielman said that by aggressively courting and signing a receiver, safety and fullback, the team is much better than it was a few days ago.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: March 2, 2008 - 11:21 PM

Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman is sure the three free agents the teams has signed -- wide receiver Bernard Berrian, safety Madieu Williams and fullback Thomas Tapeh -- are just what the team needed to take the next step.....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings filled most of their glaring needs[/size]

VP Rick Spielman said that by aggressively courting and signing a receiver, safety and fullback, the team is much better than it was a few days ago.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: March 2, 2008 - 11:21 PM

Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman is sure the three free agents the teams has signed -- wide receiver Bernard Berrian, safety Madieu Williams and fullback Thomas Tapeh -- are just what the team needed to take the next step.....

Nice reads my friend.

Next thing we now Spielman will be building through the draft instead of the Ole Chiller.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved praise

The Vikes are still paying the price of "overall" poor drafting the past few years (Denny, Tice) by having to be more active in FA to fill holes.

However, with the apparent success of the '06 and '07 drafts, I see this trend diminishing in the near future.

That being said, FA sure is exciting!
    ...as long as your team is participating!
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Re: Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved praise

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    The Vikes are still paying the price of "overall" poor drafting the past few years (Denny, Tice) by having to be more active in FA to fill holes.

However, with the apparent success of the '06 and '07 drafts, I see this trend diminishing in the near future.

That being said, FA sure is exciting!

...as long as your team is participating!
    Excellent post my friend.

Truth be told, because we hit the mother load in both of those drafts, the kids that we draft this year will have the luxury of learning behind someone instead of being thrust into a starting role before they are ready.

Most fans don't see it, but I for one think that the youngsters played above expectations last year (in most cases) and the coaching staff (not just the Chiller) deserve props.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved prais

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    : Yep! What was Tice thinking when he drafted the likes of E.J. Henderson & Kevin Williams?

It's easy to come back after the fact & point out high prospects that were drafted that didn't meet expectations.

Funny thing though, at the time they were drafted, many of those players were high on some teams draft cards, projected to go high & were probably also on many (now scoffers) mock drafts.

Re: Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved prais

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    : Yep! What was Tice thinking when he drafted the likes of E.J. Henderson & Kevin Williams?

It's easy to come back after the fact & point out high prospects that were drafted that didn't meet expectations.

Funny thing though, at the time they were drafted, many of those players were high on some teams draft cards, projected to go high & were probably also on many (now scoffers) mock drafts.
    Can't speak for what the front office was saying with respect to EJ but I bet for Kevin it was something along the lines of........

Are we still on hold with the Ravens.
    2. Hey, I want a mulligen.
    3. Only 15 minutes?
    I thought we had 45.
    or
    4. Bet that is one pick that will be talked about forever, especially on draft days.

Sorry, couldn't let that one slip.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast