Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings eyeing Nate Washington

I like the sounds of this!!
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Looks like he was targeted 78 times last year.

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/playerprofile.php?PlayerID=2569

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I like Nate Washington alot but really, I dont want to see him here.
    If we want to "improve" our WR corps, we need to get a guy with the potential to be a #1 or is a #1.
    We have a number 2 and number 3.
    We need a receiver who can do it all now, not just be a slot guy or a deep threat.
    Unless Washington wants to return kicks as well, I think we should look into the draft which is deep at WR or we go after Housh or maybe even Boldin.
    Washington has yet to prove to me he is worth that much when the biggest potential i see in him is a solid slot or a number 2.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Berrian
    Wade

Nicks

Rice

Washington

Warner

;D

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I was going to mention this when I saw his name on FA too. Very interesting..He was used in PIT for deep routes only, and is getting better, maybe entering his prime...Marrdro would say this is the type of guy the FO likes, coming off his first contract...

"marstc09" wrote:
    Weird. I don't see him on the drop list.

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html
    I think its a totally different stat. For example, if you are own a deep route, but misjudged the pass and can't catch up to it, its not a drop, but it is a pass intended that you didn't catch. What is weird is that that kinda depends on the QB, and it means Nate only saw 80 targets last year?

I think Housh is obviously superior, but I'd rather have Nate over Harrison.

Coles is also an interesting option (the guy has one sub 50 catch year, his rookie year).

In the end I would maybe prefer a rookie who could do returns as well.
    He is also not on the passes not caught list. Not sure if that makes a difference.

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesnotcaught.html
    Oh, well yes is does make a difference, maybe.

If he caught 40 balls, and caught 51% of passes thrown his way, he would have 38 "no-catches" and that list only goes down to 40 "no-catches". I'm nto sure if my logic makes sense but I think it does.

Anyways, I'm a bit confused, but basically he just didn't see that many passes, and was primarily used for deep routes. It could be that he has the dropsies, or that he can't get open by himself and so he didn't see many targets, or that he is fine but was underutilized with Ward and Holmes in front of him.

I wonder what Steeler fans think of him.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I was going to mention this when I saw his name on FA too. Very interesting..He was used in PIT for deep routes only, and is getting better, maybe entering his prime...Marrdro would say this is the type of guy the FO likes, coming off his first contract...

"marstc09" wrote:

I think its a totally different stat. For example, if you are own a deep route, but misjudged the pass and can't catch up to it, its not a drop, but it is a pass intended that you didn't catch. What is weird is that that kinda depends on the QB, and it means Nate only saw 80 targets last year?

Coles is also an interesting option (the guy has one sub 50 catch year, his rookie year).

He is also not on the passes not caught list. Not sure if that makes a difference.

If he caught 40 balls, and caught 51% of passes thrown his way, he would have 38 "no-catches" and that list only goes down to 40 "no-catches". I'm nto sure if my logic makes sense but I think it does.

Anyways, I'm a bit confused, but basically he just didn't see that many passes, and was primarily used for deep routes. It could be that he has the dropsies, or that he can't get open by himself and so he didn't see many targets, or that he is fine but was underutilized with Ward and Holmes in front of him.

Living in Pittsburgh, I can tell you Steelers fans love all their players but just think of Washington being to the Steelers as what Wade is to us.
    Just a decent slot guy who can make a play here or a play there.
    Good games/some bad games.
    Ward and Holmes easily steel the show

But I think this could be a legit loss for them since it seems like Sweed dropped an awful lot of passes last year.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    If we want to "improve" our WR corps, we need to get a guy with the potential to be a #1 or is a #1.
    We need a receiver who can do it all now, not just be a slot guy or a deep threat.
    Unless Washington wants to return kicks as well, I think we should look into the draft which is deep at WR or we go after Housh or maybe even Boldin.
    Washington has yet to prove to me he is worth that much when the biggest potential i see in him is a solid slot or a number 2.
    What Nate Washington is a solid receiver.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    What Nate Washington is a solid receiver.
    Thats exactly what im saying.
    But there is no way he is a number 1 or a 1a.
    Atmost he can be a number 2.
    Unless he takes some HUGE strides over the next couple years.
    I was not in any way saying he was a bad receiver.
    Stop tryin to make me look like im putting him down when im clearly not.

"V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

http://mcmillenandwifemessageboard.yuku.com/topic/3770/t/Nate-Thanks-for-the-memories-Limas-It-is-your-time.html

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Seems like we already have a Nate Washington type guy in Berrian. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after a possession guy, like we all thought Rice would be.

Unless we are just adding more vertical threats to compliment AD. Screw the WCO.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast