Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings - Extend the Trend

    [size=13pt]Extend the Trend[/size]

    4/18/2008

    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com



    It’s safe to say that being a first-round draft pick in the NFL puts one in a position of pressure. It’s you the team’s front office has deemed worthy to help revive a franchise, continue improvement or sustain excellence.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Extend the Trend

    [size=13pt]2008 Draft Coverage Hub[/size]

    3/1/2008

    By vikings.com



    The 2008 NFL Draft is now less than one month away and vikings.com is gearing up to ensure that you have a handle on all the action. From now through draft day, vikings.com is your source for everything Purple and everything draft-related...


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    i love how on the vikings website there is no mention on jared allen

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  4. #4
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    That is a pretty FREAKIN IMPRESSIVE LIST!!

    Lots of favorites on there!
    And with their first pick of the 2008 draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Jared Allen.
    (*Who has already led the league in sacks!*)

    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  5. #5
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Extend the Trend[/size]

    4/18/2008

    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com



    It’s safe to say that being a first-round draft pick in the NFL puts one in a position of pressure. It’s you the team’s front office has deemed worthy to help revive a franchise, continue improvement or sustain excellence.....
    : ??? :
    I'm really not trying to be too cynical here, but depending on the starting point (i.e.) the "modern" football era(1970-present) the 5 year trend leaves a bit more of bleak picture.
    '70 - OT - John Ward.
    '75 - DE Mark Mullaney.
    '80 - DT - Doug Martin.
    '85 - DE/LB - Chris Doleman.
    '90 - No draft pick.
    '95 - DE - Derrick Alexander.
    2000 - DT - Chris Hovan.
    '05 - WR - Troy Williamson.

    We did have multiple picks in '95 and '05, but I just went with the higher choice.('95-Korey Stringer, '05-Erasmus James) :'(

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    Modern football era started in 67

  7. #7
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Modern football era started in 67
    Wrong!

  8. #8
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Extend the Trend[/size]

    4/18/2008

    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com



    It’s safe to say that being a first-round draft pick in the NFL puts one in a position of pressure. It’s you the team’s front office has deemed worthy to help revive a franchise, continue improvement or sustain excellence.....
    : ??? :
    I'm really not trying to be too cynical here, but depending on the starting point (i.e.) the "modern" football era(1970-present) the 5 year trend leaves a bit more of bleak picture.
    '70 - OT - John Ward.
    '75 - DE Mark Mullaney.
    '80 - DT - Doug Martin.
    '85 - DE/LB - Chris Doleman.
    '90 - No draft pick.
    '95 - DE - Derrick Alexander.
    2000 - DT - Chris Hovan.
    '05 - WR - Troy Williamson.

    We did have multiple picks in '95 and '05, but I just went with the higher choice.('95-Korey Stringer, '05-Erasmus James) :'(
    The point of the trend was every fifth year from this year to make it worth writing about
    :P


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings - Extend the Trend

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Modern football era started in 67
    Wrong!
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:

    I'm really not trying to be too cynical here, but depending on the starting point (i.e.) the "modern" football era(1970-present)
    Wrong!

    "Pre-Modern Era is defined as the majority of a members' career that occurred prior to 1946. Modern Era is defined as a majority of a members' career that occurred after 1946."

    http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.html

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Extend Chad Greenway
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 06:35 PM
  2. A Dangerous Trend
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
  3. Vikings, MSU Mankato extend camp deal
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
  4. Vikings extend Studwell's contract
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 12:17 PM
  5. Eagle trend?
    By bleedpurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •