Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Lelie wouldn't be a huge upgrade... but he would still be an upgrade.
    I don't know if an attitude case who produced mediocre numbers in all but 1 season of his pro career is an upgrade over, say, Travis Taylor.
    Having him just so they can chuck a long ball his way a couple of times a game doesn't seem to be worth the headache.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    I agree that I think we are interested in Graham. i think he would be an excellent pickup, IF we can get him. Lelie ??? don't agree there at all. He has never lived up to his hype. I really don't get where Jensen says we are thinking RB in the first, I don't see that as a good move at all. Peterson may have game changing ability but do you use this pick up a back sho has injury problems in college and take a chance when you have Taylor and can look for a back later? As for Lynch that would be a real reach at 7 .And what is that line about Given the emphasis on Brady Quinn by Childress and vice president Rick Spielman last week, the Vikings probably won't be taking a quarterback in the first round of the draft. I don't get that at all. So when they emphasize they aren't going to reach does that mean that they are?
    Smokescreening? IDK....
    Yeah, I get the the idea they may be smokescreening, but Jensen is basically saying they aren't going to talk positive about anyone they are seriously looking at and I can't really agree. Last year the talked to and about Greenway and heh they took him. Just think he is dismissing Quinn a bit too easily to make his agrument for a RB look better. Have to agree with NODAKS weird post, RB isn't a need, QB might be (don't really know what they are thinking there) WR def. IS.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [... I am not sure why there continues to be perception on this and other sites that B-chill will do something dumb or does a bad job in the draft and FA.
    Only thing we have to base our assesment on B-chill is on what he did last year:

Draft Picks
    Chad Greenway - (Round 1, Pick # 17) 6' 4", 244 lbs. Iowa, OLB (Injured in Pre-Season - Should still be a major contributor)

Cedric Griffin - (Round 2, Pick # 48) 6' 2" 193 lbs. Texas, CB (14 Games, 41 Tackles/5 Ast, 2 Int)

Ryan Cook - (Round 2, Pick # 51) 6' 7", 320 New Mexico, C/OL (Played in 6 Games)

Travaris Jackson - (Round 2, Pick # 64--from Pittsburg in exchange for two 3rd round picks) 6' 3", 225 lbs. Alabama State, QB (Probably not ready yet.
    Drafted as a project.
    Started 2 games played in 4, 47 of 81 (58Percent), 2 TD, 4 Int) 62.5 QB rating.)

Ray Edwards - (Round 4, Pick # 127) 6' 6", 270 lbs. Purdue, DE (Played in 15 Games, 7 takles, 3 Assists, 3 Sacks.)

Greg Blue - (Round 5, Pick # 149) 6' 2" 221 lbs. Georgia, FS/LB. (Played in all 16 games. 12 Tackles, 2 Assists)

Free Agent Signings
    Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej to a one-year contract. (Played in 12 Games)

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mike McMahon to a two-year, $2 millioin contract, including a $400,000 signing bonus.(Bad Option)

Tennessee Titans safety Tank Williams to a one-year contract worth $900,000, including incentive. (Did not play because of injury)

San Diego Chargers defensive end DeQuincy Scott. Terms unknown.

Kansas City Chiefs fullback Tony Richardson to a two-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $500,000 roster bonus. (Did pretty good until he got injured)

Seattle Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that includes $16 million in guarantees. (Nuff Said)

Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor to a four-year, $14.1 million contract that includes $5.6 million in guarantees, including roster and signing bonuses. (Nuff Said, Overworked.
    Team needs to get someone to give him a break.)

San Diego Chargers linebacker Ben Leber to a five-year, $20 million contract, including a $4 million signing bonus. (Nuff Said)

Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell to a five-year, $10 million contract, including a $3 million signing bonus. (All the points he made for us he didn't make for The PUCKERS. Nuff Said.)

New York Giants guard/center Jason Whittle to a one-year, $695,000 contract. (He played but I am not sure of what value. Pretty inconsistent in my book)

Signed CB Ronyell Whitaker. (21 tackles, 3 assists.
    Added some depth)

Signed fullback Joey Goodspeed.
    (Did not play injury)

There are some questionable moves there, however, based on what they were trying to do big picture wise, as well as throwing in the whole Fran Foley deal, I believe they made good draft picks, good choices in Free agency and overall helped our team.

I have no doubt they (the Triangle not just B-chill) will again provide a logical approach to our deficiencies on both sides of the ball and get the right guy if they can.
    Some have that perception.
    The people that choose to think rationally tend to use what little facts they have to arrive at their conclusions and use that to speculate on what will happen in the future.

This has been posted about 4x already and people will still miss it and go off on a tanget that is completely irrelevant with a foundation in fantasy land.
    It is the nature of the boards.
    Thanks.
    It is in my nature to correct that which is wrong.... ;D
    Sometimes I tackle the uncorrectable, it is my failing
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I tell you what, I would be glad to get Ashley Lelie over Curtis and Bennett.
    I do believe that I was one of the only ones last year that said both we needed WR's in the worst way because our core was crap.
    And I was the one also that said that we should go after Ashlie Lelie and noone wanted that.
    I have the feeling now that Lelie would be a welcomed addition seeing that we have noone but Troy.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vike_mike" wrote:
    I tell you what, I would be glad to get Ashley Lelie over Curtis and Bennett.
    I do believe that I was one of the only ones last year that said both we needed WR's in the worst way because our core was crap.
    And I was the one also that said that we should go after Ashlie Lelie and noone wanted that.
    I have the feeling now that Lelie would be a welcomed addition seeing that we have noone but Troy.
    The ONLY thing that Lelie has over Curtis and Bennett is SPEED...but he can't catch...and we have all seen what that can do for a WR corps.
    No thanks...give me Bennett or Curtis over Lelie any day!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, boyeeeee!

I would welcome both these dudes.

These moves would instantly improve our passing game.

Graham is THE tight end in FA, and Lelie may not be the best in the game, but he's still an upgrade for our Vikes.
    -Sno

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

He can catch better than Troy.
    So what are you saying?
    Lelie drops just as many passes as Bennett and Curtis.
    I hope your not trying to say that Bennett and Curtis don't drop passes.
    If they don't, then why are their respective teams letting them go?
    I have seen Randy Moss drop a few in his hey day too.
    He's my fav but he has dropped some passes and in crucial situations before.
    That basis on Bennett and Curtis is a little off.
    Those two will not help anything around here.
    Sorry, but lelie is the better of the three.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I thought we were looking for a TE that
    could "stretch the field."
    I am just being biased because I'm pissed Wiggins is done in Minny, but seriously, an upgrade will be tough to find.
    Umm well Graham is faster than Wiggins he's just as reliable on hands and he can blocka whole heck of a lot better, I say that's an upgrade.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I am just being biased because I'm pissed Wiggins is done in Minny, but seriously, an upgrade will be tough to find.
    Umm well Graham is faster than Wiggins he's just as reliable on hands and he can blocka whole heck of a lot better, I say that's an upgrade.
    Well-crafted, sir.

Well-crafted indeed...
    -Sno

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Well-crafted, sir.

Well-crafted indeed...
    "Upgrade" also means "well fit", meaning that Graham probably fits in the WCO a lot better than Wiggins does!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast