Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    I thought we were looking for a TE that
    could "stretch the field."
    I am just being biased because I'm pissed Wiggins is done in Minny, but seriously, an upgrade will be tough to find.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    67

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I thought we were looking for a TE that
    could "stretch the field."
    I am just being biased because I'm pissed Wiggins is done in Minny, but seriously, an upgrade will be tough to find.
    I'm pissed too. He will be missed. He was one of my favoraite players. The first year he was in Minny I feel he was snubbed from the Pro Bowl. The guy had 70+ catches.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:
    Good article on what the Vikings are possibly planning to do in FA and the draft.

    http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16790903.htm
    This guy most have stayed up all night with that guess work, I highly doubt we will draft a running back that high. I think a lot of smoke screens are being put up right now, and with how tight lipped they are at Winterpark, I doubt anyone knows the real story. In the end, I can pretty much assume that Childress will do the exact opposite that everyone wants him to do, just because thats the type of guy he seems to be. Prepare to be dissappointed......
    Ocho,


    Don't want you to think I am pointing this directly at you but rather to use your comment to stimulate a discussion.
    I am not sure why there continues to be perception on this and other sites that B-chill will do something dumb or does a bad job in the draft and FA.
    Only thing we have to base our assesment on B-chill is on what he did last year:

    Draft Picks
    Chad Greenway - (Round 1, Pick # 17) 6' 4", 244 lbs. Iowa, OLB (Injured in Pre-Season - Should still be a major contributor)

    Cedric Griffin - (Round 2, Pick # 48) 6' 2" 193 lbs. Texas, CB (14 Games, 41 Tackles/5 Ast, 2 Int)

    Ryan Cook - (Round 2, Pick # 51) 6' 7", 320 New Mexico, C/OL (Played in 6 Games)

    Travaris Jackson - (Round 2, Pick # 64--from Pittsburg in exchange for two 3rd round picks) 6' 3", 225 lbs. Alabama State, QB (Probably not ready yet.
    Drafted as a project.
    Started 2 games played in 4, 47 of 81 (58Percent), 2 TD, 4 Int) 62.5 QB rating.)

    Ray Edwards - (Round 4, Pick # 127) 6' 6", 270 lbs. Purdue, DE (Played in 15 Games, 7 takles, 3 Assists, 3 Sacks.)

    Greg Blue - (Round 5, Pick # 149) 6' 2" 221 lbs. Georgia, FS/LB. (Played in all 16 games. 12 Tackles, 2 Assists)

    Free Agent Signings
    Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej to a one-year contract. (Played in 12 Games)

    Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mike McMahon to a two-year, $2 millioin contract, including a $400,000 signing bonus.(Bad Option)

    Tennessee Titans safety Tank Williams to a one-year contract worth $900,000, including incentive. (Did not play because of injury)

    San Diego Chargers defensive end DeQuincy Scott. Terms unknown.

    Kansas City Chiefs fullback Tony Richardson to a two-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $500,000 roster bonus. (Did pretty good until he got injured)

    Seattle Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that includes $16 million in guarantees. (Nuff Said)

    Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor to a four-year, $14.1 million contract that includes $5.6 million in guarantees, including roster and signing bonuses. (Nuff Said, Overworked.
    Team needs to get someone to give him a break.)

    San Diego Chargers linebacker Ben Leber to a five-year, $20 million contract, including a $4 million signing bonus. (Nuff Said)

    Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell to a five-year, $10 million contract, including a $3 million signing bonus. (All the points he made for us he didn't make for The PUCKERS. Nuff Said.)

    New York Giants guard/center Jason Whittle to a one-year, $695,000 contract. (He played but I am not sure of what value. Pretty inconsistent in my book)

    Signed CB Ronyell Whitaker. (21 tackles, 3 assists.
    Added some depth)

    Signed fullback Joey Goodspeed.
    (Did not play injury)

    There are some questionable moves there, however, based on what they were trying to do big picture wise, as well as throwing in the whole Fran Foley deal, I believe they made good draft picks, good choices in Free agency and overall helped our team.

    I have no doubt they (the Triangle not just B-chill) will again provide a logical approach to our deficiencies on both sides of the ball and get the right guy if they can.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [... I am not sure why there continues to be perception on this and other sites that B-chill will do something dumb or does a bad job in the draft and FA.
    Only thing we have to base our assesment on B-chill is on what he did last year:

    Draft Picks
    Chad Greenway - (Round 1, Pick # 17) 6' 4", 244 lbs. Iowa, OLB (Injured in Pre-Season - Should still be a major contributor)

    Cedric Griffin - (Round 2, Pick # 48) 6' 2" 193 lbs. Texas, CB (14 Games, 41 Tackles/5 Ast, 2 Int)

    Ryan Cook - (Round 2, Pick # 51) 6' 7", 320 New Mexico, C/OL (Played in 6 Games)

    Travaris Jackson - (Round 2, Pick # 64--from Pittsburg in exchange for two 3rd round picks) 6' 3", 225 lbs. Alabama State, QB (Probably not ready yet.
    Drafted as a project.
    Started 2 games played in 4, 47 of 81 (58Percent), 2 TD, 4 Int) 62.5 QB rating.)

    Ray Edwards - (Round 4, Pick # 127) 6' 6", 270 lbs. Purdue, DE (Played in 15 Games, 7 takles, 3 Assists, 3 Sacks.)

    Greg Blue - (Round 5, Pick # 149) 6' 2" 221 lbs. Georgia, FS/LB. (Played in all 16 games. 12 Tackles, 2 Assists)

    Free Agent Signings
    Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej to a one-year contract. (Played in 12 Games)

    Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mike McMahon to a two-year, $2 millioin contract, including a $400,000 signing bonus.(Bad Option)

    Tennessee Titans safety Tank Williams to a one-year contract worth $900,000, including incentive. (Did not play because of injury)

    San Diego Chargers defensive end DeQuincy Scott. Terms unknown.

    Kansas City Chiefs fullback Tony Richardson to a two-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $500,000 roster bonus. (Did pretty good until he got injured)

    Seattle Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that includes $16 million in guarantees. (Nuff Said)

    Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor to a four-year, $14.1 million contract that includes $5.6 million in guarantees, including roster and signing bonuses. (Nuff Said, Overworked.
    Team needs to get someone to give him a break.)

    San Diego Chargers linebacker Ben Leber to a five-year, $20 million contract, including a $4 million signing bonus. (Nuff Said)

    Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell to a five-year, $10 million contract, including a $3 million signing bonus. (All the points he made for us he didn't make for The PUCKERS. Nuff Said.)

    New York Giants guard/center Jason Whittle to a one-year, $695,000 contract. (He played but I am not sure of what value. Pretty inconsistent in my book)

    Signed CB Ronyell Whitaker. (21 tackles, 3 assists.
    Added some depth)

    Signed fullback Joey Goodspeed.
    (Did not play injury)

    There are some questionable moves there, however, based on what they were trying to do big picture wise, as well as throwing in the whole Fran Foley deal, I believe they made good draft picks, good choices in Free agency and overall helped our team.

    I have no doubt they (the Triangle not just B-chill) will again provide a logical approach to our deficiencies on both sides of the ball and get the right guy if they can.
    Some have that perception.
    The people that choose to think rationally tend to use what little facts they have to arrive at their conclusions and use that to speculate on what will happen in the future.

    This has been posted about 4x already and people will still miss it and go off on a tanget that is completely irrelevant with a foundation in fantasy land.
    It is the nature of the boards.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    No offence taken, my comment is not based in the fact that all of what he does is wrong, just think he likes to do things his way, and cares little for what others think, ie (leaving Brad and qb for so long, contiuing calling plays after recieving so much critisism, signing Eagles rejects, dumping M. Robinson, not letting former players interact with team, shutting out the media). I just think all this talk of what people want us to do is probably a 180 from what actually happens.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    91

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    I think if we can afford him Graham would be a great addition, he has pretty good speed and hands to make a good outlet for T-Jack but mostly i like him because he would be great in the Redzone.
    He can block for Chester and hes big enough to be a passing threat and we all know the Redzone was not one of out strongest areas last year.

  7. #17
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    I agree that I think we are interested in Graham. i think he would be an excellent pickup, IF we can get him. Lelie ??? don't agree there at all. He has never lived up to his hype. I really don't get where Jensen says we are thinking RB in the first, I don't see that as a good move at all. Peterson may have game changing ability but do you use this pick up a back sho has injury problems in college and take a chance when you have Taylor and can look for a back later? As for Lynch that would be a real reach at 7 .And what is that line about Given the emphasis on Brady Quinn by Childress and vice president Rick Spielman last week, the Vikings probably won't be taking a quarterback in the first round of the draft. I don't get that at all. So when they emphasize they aren't going to reach does that mean that they are?

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    Lelie wouldn't be a huge upgrade... but he would still be an upgrade.
    And given the FA this year, we may not be able to do much better.

    As drafting a RB at number 7?
    WTF?
    I like Peterson a lot, but running back is our smallest need.
    That would be like putting a band aid on a paper cut while at the same time ignoring a gaping hole in your chest...

    OK, that was kind of a weird analogy, but my brain is fried today.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    I agree that I think we are interested in Graham. i think he would be an excellent pickup, IF we can get him. Lelie ??? don't agree there at all. He has never lived up to his hype. I really don't get where Jensen says we are thinking RB in the first, I don't see that as a good move at all. Peterson may have game changing ability but do you use this pick up a back sho has injury problems in college and take a chance when you have Taylor and can look for a back later? As for Lynch that would be a real reach at 7 .And what is that line about Given the emphasis on Brady Quinn by Childress and vice president Rick Spielman last week, the Vikings probably won't be taking a quarterback in the first round of the draft. I don't get that at all. So when they emphasize they aren't going to reach does that mean that they are?
    Smokescreening? IDK....

  10. #20
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie

    Daniel Graham would be a great pickup, and Lelie would also be good...for the right price (lets not forget his tendancy to drop passes and be inconsistent in general)


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 49ers release Ashley Lelie
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 06:46 AM
  2. Vikings are intrested in Daniel Graham and others.
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
  3. MERGED: Vikings eyeing Graham? (or Lelie?)
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
  4. Ashley Lelie available any buyers???
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 03:57 PM
  5. Thomas Jones and Ashley Lelie to swap teams in a trade????
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 01:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •