singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings draft - Who's No. 1?

[size=13pt]Who's No. 1? [/size]

By Viking Update Staff
    scout.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings draft - Who's No. 1?

But, the Vikings are rumored to have an interest in Quentin Groves – a linebacker-defensive end hybrid that could become a specialty pass rusher in the Vikings’ Tampa-2 defensive scheme. No. 17 might be a little bit of a reach to take him, so if he is the man on the team’s radar, the Vikings might consider trading back a few picks in the first round, stockpile a pick or two for later in the draft and still get the guy they like.

i like Quentin Groves a lot i would love to trade down get an extra pick and take him...

mjuaire is offline Rookie

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    But, the Vikings are rumored to have an interest in Quentin Groves – a linebacker-defensive end hybrid that could become a specialty pass rusher in the Vikings’ Tampa-2 defensive scheme. No. 17 might be a little bit of a reach to take him, so if he is the man on the team’s radar, the Vikings might consider trading back a few picks in the first round, stockpile a pick or two for later in the draft and still get the guy they like.

i like Quentin Groves a lot i would love to trade down get an extra pick and take him...
    Could not agree more.
    I really like this kid.
    Athletes cause problems going after the QB (in a super general sense) and this guy is a gret athlete. if we can trade back and get him, and get an extra pick to help trade up in other rounds with, that would make me very happy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very interesting read.
    Thanks.

you were to weigh the needs by position against the draft talent, at this time it probably shakes out like this for the likelihood of where the first-round pick will go – 1. defensive end; 2. offensive tackle; 3. cornerback; 4. wide receiver.

I would agree that 1. and 2. would give us a instant starter but not so sure that any of the WR's or CB's that would be taken would beat out our current starters.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jrandlefan is offline Waterboy

I like Quentin Groves as well. However I would not like to trade down to get him. I realize that he is a late 1st early 2nd pick. Maybe trade up in the 2nd but not down in the 1st. We have the picks to trade up. Why trade down to get more picks and lose out on potentially better first round talent? If Harvey is off the board which is VERY likely. I would like to see them go OL in the first round with Chris Williams or trade up for Ryan Clady. Clady is a beast! Quentin is next on my list as far as a pure "get at the QB" edge rusher. Merling is more of a everydown run-stopping DE and I would rather see a powerful pass-disrupting DE like Quentin Groves in our lineup. Another 2nd round gem that i would be very excited to see come to us is Trevor Laws. A complete class act. Impressive on the field, great motor, multiple sport althete, very well spoken in interviews.

"jrandlefan" wrote:
    I like Quentin Groves as well. However I would not like to trade down to get him. I realize that he is a late 1st early 2nd pick. Maybe trade up in the 2nd but not down in the 1st. We have the picks to trade up. Why trade down to get more picks and lose out on potentially better first round talent? If Harvey is off the board which is VERY likely. I would like to see them go OL in the first round with Chris Williams or trade up for Ryan Clady. Clady is a beast! Quentin is next on my list as far as a pure "get at the QB" edge rusher. Merling is more of a everydown run-stopping DE and I would rather see a powerful pass-disrupting DE like Quentin Groves in our lineup. Another 2nd round gem that i would be very excited to see come to us is Trevor Laws. A complete class act. Impressive on the field, great motor, multiple sport althete, very well spoken in interviews.
    You my friend just moved up a column on the ole spread sheet.

Excellent post with several good points especially the one I bolded.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Well thanks Marrdro! I just strive to be better informed and present my opinion in the best possible way.

"jrandlefan" wrote:
    Well thanks Marrdro! I just strive to be better informed and present my opinion in the best possible way.
    LOL. Just wing and and pull shit out of your ass like most of us do.
    More fun that way.

Of course the sites credibility goes to shit but who cares right?
    (JK ;D)

Keep it up my friend.
    Lets see some more stuff like that.

One thing that I would like to know I little more about is Chris Williams vs Jeff Otah. I have seen multiple youtube videos on both prospects. Highlight video's can be very misleading in the fact that they never show any of the players faults or weaknesses. I guess I just wanna know a little more on these two OT's. Who would you take? Why would you take one over the other? These are the only two OT's I see
    maybe
    dropping to us in the first without trading up. 2nd opinions would be greatly appreciated.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"jrandlefan" wrote:
    One thing that I would like to know I little more about is Chris Williams vs Jeff Otah. I have seen multiple youtube videos on both prospects. Highlight video's can be very misleading in the fact that they never show any of the players faults or weaknesses. I guess I just wanna know a little more on these two OT's. Who would you take? Why would you take one over the other? These are the only two OT's I see
    maybe
    dropping to us in the first without trading up. 2nd opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Just from what I gather

Chris Williams is an athletic finesse pass blocker but he is weaker with run blocking and doesn't have as much of a mean streak.

Otah is a better run blocker and plays with a mean streak but is lacking athleticism and IMO is better suited to play RT then left at the pro level.

Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast