Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Draft (Round One)

At this point I am seeing a CB or S.
    This has turned into our weakest position, like him or not since they released Smith. I don't see Tank or Doss coming back. There are some soldi DB's in teh FA pool but there is still a need for draft were WR at this point could be addressed through FA, and up grade the position just by signing 1 player depending upon who it is. Same goes for DE and youth is not what the Vikes need on the DL. Don't be surprised if the Vikes go OL

jonnyb is offline Rookie

"marstc09" wrote:
    I would like to see us get a WR and DE in FA so I am going with Kenny.
    I Would be Happy with that. I think that that may be the most realistic outcome. But I wouldn't mind seeing Desean Jackson and a FA Reciever.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jonnyb" wrote:
    This Time of year is brutal. I love mock drafts but they really are pointless, especially this year for the Vikes.

There is no way anyone at winter park has a clue who their picking until after Free Agency. All of our Holes would be Best fixed in FA.
    I Hope we can pick up a DE,S,WR In FA so that we can take BPA in the Draft. Each of these positions seem to be deep enough in the draft,
    so as long as we get one or two of these positions filled before the draft we should be ok.

Sign DE Odom. Sign a Jerry Porter, Andre Davis, or Bernard Berrian, Sign a vet saftey, and go BPA in the draft. Best case senario.
    Well I hope to all things that are good that they have a clue.

Truth be told they probably have several versions of what we call mock drafts laying out different scenarios based on thier assumptions of what other teams will do with respect to FA (singings/releases) as well as in the draft.

Remember, these guys have been working on this draft for a year.
    Scouting players, reviewing team needs (both the Vikes and other teams), checking out possible team moves in FA etc etc etc.
    If they don't then we need to shitcan the whole group and get some in there than can game plan this stuff.

By the way, I don't agree with you on another issue.
    FA isn't the best way to fix all of our holes.
    Are you trying to tell me that at DT we should get another old vet to come in and act as a backup to our other two vets?

I don't think so, I think they go ahead and do what other teams do and that is draft a young guy to learn behind those vets so that he is ready to step up when they go down or leave.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I voted Reggie Smith considering we no longer have Dwight Smith.
    They need a good saftey I think He would do alright.Considering he can play corner and safety why not get a bit of flexibity in the secondary.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I voted Reggie Smith considering we no longer have Dwight Smith.
    They need a good saftey I think He would do alright.Considering he can play corner and safety why not get a bit of flexibity in the secondary.
    You just don't want to screw up and call the wrong safety name.... or to learn a new name @ safety.
    Admit it

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12