Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings Draft Recap - After the Dust Settles - A Successful Vikings' Draft?

[size=13pt]Draft Impact[/size]

4/30/2008

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Both Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress and Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman refer to draft choices as the “currency of the NFL.” ........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]NFC North draft review: Minnesota Vikings [/size]

By Sports Xchange
    scout.com

Posted Apr 30, 2008

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

By Sports Xchange
    scout.com

Posted Apr 30, 2008

Thanks singer, great read and it gives a good recap of the current status of our roster.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

By Sports Xchange
    scout.com

Posted Apr 30, 2008

A couple of nice reads there my friends.

I found this one quite entertaining and for us guys that love the line play on both sides of the ball, I say, hear hear Phat Pat.
    Tell them AD crothsniffers were its really at.
    ;D

QUOTE TO NOTE: "I love it. It's all focused on us now. Adrian Peterson got all the pub last year. Adrian Peterson, Adrian Peterson. Now, (the attention is on the) defense. We're going to have some fun." — Nose tackle Pat Williams on what the acquisition of Jared Allen means to the Vikings' defense as a whole.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=13pt]Vikings have productive offseason[/size]

May 1st, 2008

by
    Tan Tuohy
    csbsju.edu

Coming into the 2008 season, the Minnesota Vikings had many issues to address. The big three were pass rush and coverage, the wide receiver position and, of course, the quarterback position. I believe they did a good job of taking care of all three...

I thought that was a decent read with one exception.....

Jackson finally has some competition. With the drafting of former USC quarterback John David Booty and the acquisition of veteran Gus Frerotte, Jackson will have more heat on him this season
    I find it simply ludicrous when I see someone type/right/say something like that about QTJ's work ethic or how someone waiting in the wings is gonna make him somehow better.

From everything I've seen of the kid with respect to his worth ethic is beyond reproach.
    Hell, even though I knocked him for some of his inconsistencies last year, I will be the first to admit that he actually played better than I thought he was going to last year.
    That my friends is a indicator that he and coach Rodgers have spent alot of time working on things.

Does anyone really believe that having someone on the bench is really gonna make him work harder or make him any better?

I don't. QTJ will continue to improve because he has the drive/desire to suceed.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings have productive offseason[/size]

May 1st, 2008

by
    Tan Tuohy
    csbsju.edu

Coming into the 2008 season, the Minnesota Vikings had many issues to address. The big three were pass rush and coverage, the wide receiver position and, of course, the quarterback position. I believe they did a good job of taking care of all three...
    Singer,
    By far my favorite article on the Vikes, its straight forward.
    Looks and neg and pos... love the line

"So say what you will about Jackson, but no matter what happens this year, Steve Hutchinson, Peterson, Allen, Kevin and Pat Williams, E.J. Henderson and Sharper are all going to go crazy At least the Vikings will be a lot of fun to watch."

To me that makes me excited... we have a team that will "Shock and Awe".
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Here's another good article:

Allen trade, the 'big nickel' and other final draft observations

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=25A204203985C3E5FDD96ADFA2370CAA? id=09000d5d808186c7&template=with-video&confirm=true[/color]]

Being a Booty fan I've gotta post this:
    "Round 5: QB John David Booty to the Vikings at No. 137. Booty is a smart player who is much more accurate than people think. If and when he's asked to go out on the field and lead the offense he will be ready. I thought he might have gone in the third round."

If any of you want to start posting "Gagarr LOVES Booty" that's fine with me because I DO... whether it's a USC quarterback or BABE backside
    ;D

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=25A204203985C3E5FDD96ADFA2370CAA? id=09000d5d808186c7&template=with-video&confirm=true[/color]]

"Round 5: QB John David Booty to the Vikings at No. 137. Booty is a smart player who is much more accurate than people think. If and when he's asked to go out on the field and lead the offense he will be ready. I thought he might have gone in the third round."

If any of you want to start posting "Gagarr LOVES Booty" that's fine with me because I DO... whether it's a USC quarterback or BABE backside
    ;D

Your cracking me up my friend.

IwearSox21 is offline Training Camp

"gagarr" wrote:

;D

Booty is a smart player who is much more accurate than people think. If and when he's asked to go out on the field and lead the offense he will be ready.
    Kinda sounds like the scouting report on tom brady coming out.
    But by no means am i saying booty is the next brady all i am sayin gis that booty seems like he could be a late round steal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast