Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Draft Recap - After the Dust Settles - A Successful Vikings' Draft?

[size=13pt]Few chosen, few needed[/size]

The Vikings, after shrewd offseason roster additions, only needed to mine the draft for supplemental players.

By KEVIN SEIFERT, Star Tribune

Last update: April 27, 2008 - 11:40 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Few chosen, few needed

The Vikes DID to the one thing that I most wanted them too do (well, besides draft Early Doucet, that is)...they traded up and took better players (quality over quantity).
    That makes me very happy indeed...since there was no way that nine draft picks would have made the roster anyway.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The Vikes DID to the one thing that I most wanted them too do (well, besides draft Early Doucet, that is)...they traded up and took better players (quality over quantity).
    That makes me very happy indeed...since there was no way that nine draft picks would have made the roster anyway.
    Didn't I say that a week ago when many here wanted to sign Allen to an offer sheet & give up the 2009 & 2010 1st picks instead.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Didn't I say that a week ago when many here wanted to sign Allen to an offer sheet & give up the 2009 & 2010 1st picks instead.
    I don't remember...I only remember that I said it first.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    We used our brains and made moves to grab quality kids, that will make our roster. After all our busy free-agency we picked kids with substance, guys that will embelish our future.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't remember...I only remember that I said it first.
    Selective memory I guess. You're only about a week late. Check the Allen thread.

[size=13pt]Draft recap, Childress quotes[/size]

April 27th, 2008 – 4:40 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Vikings coach Brad Childress and vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman addressed the media this afternoon after the Vikings completed drafting players. A quick review...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I just remember you complaining about how dumb it was to give up future picks.
    :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Draft recap, Childress quotes[/size]

April 27th, 2008 – 4:40 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Vikings coach Brad Childress and vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman addressed the media this afternoon after the Vikings completed drafting players. A quick review...
    Nice read my friend, with so many nuggets to choose from.......

Q. How do you feel about the offensive tackle position, especially when you consider left tackle Bryant McKinnie’s offseason legal troubles?

A. I’m OK with it. We have Chase Johnson, [who] I believe will be a year better. You have Artis Hicks, who has that swing capability there, and Marcus Johnson. So none of that has changed. Nobody has left us in that regard there and I’d have to say that those five guys played all right last year.”
    Very interesting comment don't ya think.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast