Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

What will be left?

At the 22nd pick you will still have the best player in the country at one position available at a minimum. Take the BPA and develop them. Reaching to take for need is rarely works out.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Brewtal" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    This is Rice's 2nd season, not his first. 2nd he had 18 touched last season.
    Any thing is a break out season.
    You talk abot reaching and taking a WR but then you say take an OT. We will be drafting the 6th best player at that position at the 22nd pick. Do you really want to do that? Think about it! Taking the 6th player at a position at within the first 25 picks is reaching. No draft is that deep.
    I rather take the number 3 WR at 22.

DT has no one worthy of the 22 pick.
    Saftey is a weak position this year.
    You best bet is to take a WR. Draft a top teir center with yoru 2nd(Mack or Unlger) and Brace with your 3rd rounder.
    Rice was injured and secondly he will finally have someone that can at least throw the ball.
    Tj is a complete joke at QB I have said it before and will again, he is at best an arena league player.
    His knees shake under pressure and has no confidence.
    Gus was an improvment, but he still was mediore at best.
    Sage is still a questionmark, but at least he has the balls to stay in the pocket, find a reciever even if he knows he is taking a hit.
    If you can't find a reciever when they are stacking the box to stop Peterson something is wrong.
    9td 2int,

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Hell yah Kevon

I would love to see

1st- Nicks
    2nd- Unger
    3rd- Brace
    my guess is Unger and Brace won't be there in the second for us let alone the 3rd.
    It all depends Marr,
    Some people have Mack as the top Center. Others Have Unger(spelling).
    There is no way both will be gone by the 2nd round pick 22. Even if they are, you still have Wood, who is capable.
    All three have been praised as day 1 starters and capable of moving to guard or tackle. I am not writing off Sullivan. Have a compition for the starter and mov the other guy to back up guard or tackle. Versitility my friend.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be

People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    First off, it needs to be BPA, no matter what.

Secondly, unless Crabtree falls to us at #22, I don't want a WR.
    Here is a list of WR's taken in the first round for the past ten years (not counting last years draft).
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/22/AR2008042203256.html

Out of 43 WR's taken in the past 10 years (excluding the 2008 draft), 15 are great ball players in this league.
    The rest are either a joke, working at a Pick n' Save, or running scout team plays week in and week out.

Calvin Johnson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Anthony Gonzalez
    Santonio Holmes
    Braylon Edwards
    Roddy White
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Lee Evans
    Roy Williams
    Andre Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Reggie Wayne
    Plaxico Burress
    Torry Holt
    Randy Moss

My point being, Wr's are definitely not a safe pick.
    34% greatness rate?
    No thanks.
    Crabtree, Maclin, and probably Harvin are the only kids worthy of being first round picks.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:

Here is a list of WR's taken in the first round for the past ten years (not counting last years draft).
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/22/AR2008042203256.html

Out of 43 WR's taken in the past 10 years (excluding the 2008 draft), 15 are great ball players in this league.
    The rest are either a joke, working at a Pick n' Save, or running scout team plays week in and week out.

Calvin Johnson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Anthony Gonzalez
    Santonio Holmes
    Braylon Edwards
    Roddy White
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Lee Evans
    Roy Williams
    Andre Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Reggie Wayne
    Plaxico Burress
    Torry Holt
    Randy Moss

34% greatness rate?
    No thanks.
    Crabtree, Maclin, and probably Harvin are the only kids worthy of being first round picks.
    I'd like to see the success rate of other positions.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:

Calvin Johnson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Anthony Gonzalez
    Santonio Holmes
    Braylon Edwards
    Roddy White
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Lee Evans
    Roy Williams
    Andre Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Reggie Wayne
    Plaxico Burress
    Torry Holt
    Randy Moss

34% greatness rate?
    No thanks.
    I'd like to see the success rate of other positions.
    LOL...people always forget that. Yet every year 8 OL go in the first round. I wonder why?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Brewtal" wrote:

Calvin Johnson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Anthony Gonzalez
    Santonio Holmes
    Braylon Edwards
    Roddy White
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Lee Evans
    Roy Williams
    Andre Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Reggie Wayne
    Plaxico Burress
    Torry Holt
    Randy Moss

34% greatness rate?
    No thanks.
    2 very good posts right there.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Hell yah Kevon

I would love to see

1st- Nicks
    2nd- Unger
    3rd- Brace
    my guess is Unger and Brace won't be there in the second for us let alone the 3rd.
    It all depends Marr,
    Some people have Mack as the top Center. Others Have Unger(spelling).
    There is no way both will be gone by the 2nd round pick 22. Even if they are, you still have Wood, who is capable.
    All three have been praised as day 1 starters and capable of moving to guard or tackle. I am not writing off Sullivan. Have a compition for the starter and mov the other guy to back up guard or tackle. Versitility My Sexy Little Pixie.
    Some yutz has a 7 round mock draft on here that has Mack and Unger both gone by the Vikes second round pick mostly because they can both start at C as well as be plugged in at G.....

32 Steelers Alex Mack, C
    http://football.about.com/od/teamnee...mneeds_PIT.htm
    42 Bills Max Unger, C
    http://football.about.com/od/teamnee...mneeds_BUF.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123