Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Brewtal's Avatar
    Brewtal is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

    Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.

  2. #12
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    "Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

    Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    This is Rice's 2nd season, not his first. 2nd he had 18 touched last season.
    Any thing is a break out season.
    You talk abot reaching and taking a WR but then you say take an OT. We will be drafting the 6th best player at that position at the 22nd pick. Do you really want to do that? Think about it! Taking the 6th player at a position at within the first 25 picks is reaching. No draft is that deep.
    I rather take the number 3 WR at 22.

    DT has no one worthy of the 22 pick.
    Saftey is a weak position this year.
    You best bet is to take a WR. Draft a top teir center with yoru 2nd(Mack or Unlger) and Brace with your 3rd rounder.

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    Hell yah Kevon

    I would love to see

    1st- Nicks
    2nd- Unger
    3rd- Brace

  4. #14
    Brewtal's Avatar
    Brewtal is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

    Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    This is Rice's 2nd season, not his first. 2nd he had 18 touched last season.
    Any thing is a break out season.
    You talk abot reaching and taking a WR but then you say take an OT. We will be drafting the 6th best player at that position at the 22nd pick. Do you really want to do that? Think about it! Taking the 6th player at a position at within the first 25 picks is reaching. No draft is that deep.
    I rather take the number 3 WR at 22.

    DT has no one worthy of the 22 pick.
    Saftey is a weak position this year.
    You best bet is to take a WR. Draft a top teir center with yoru 2nd(Mack or Unlger) and Brace with your 3rd rounder.
    Rice was injured and secondly he will finally have someone that can at least throw the ball.
    Tj is a complete joke at QB I have said it before and will again, he is at best an arena league player.
    His knees shake under pressure and has no confidence.
    Gus was an improvment, but he still was mediore at best.
    Sage is still a questionmark, but at least he has the balls to stay in the pocket, find a reciever even if he knows he is taking a hit.
    If you can't find a reciever when they are stacking the box to stop Peterson something is wrong.

  5. #15
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    "Brewtal" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

    Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    This is Rice's 2nd season, not his first. 2nd he had 18 touched last season.
    Any thing is a break out season.
    You talk abot reaching and taking a WR but then you say take an OT. We will be drafting the 6th best player at that position at the 22nd pick. Do you really want to do that? Think about it! Taking the 6th player at a position at within the first 25 picks is reaching. No draft is that deep.
    I rather take the number 3 WR at 22.

    DT has no one worthy of the 22 pick.
    Saftey is a weak position this year.
    You best bet is to take a WR. Draft a top teir center with yoru 2nd(Mack or Unlger) and Brace with your 3rd rounder.
    Rice was injured and secondly he will finally have someone that can at least throw the ball.
    Tj is a complete joke at QB I have said it before and will again, he is at best an arena league player.
    His knees shake under pressure and has no confidence.
    [glow=red,2,300]Gus was an improvment[/glow], but he still was mediore at best.
    Sage is still a questionmark, but at least he has the balls to stay in the pocket, find a reciever even if he knows he is taking a hit.
    If you can't find a reciever when they are stacking the box to stop Peterson something is wrong.
    Not to be a douche but I stopped reading right there...

    I hope the Vikings take an athletic corner like Darius Butler.
    He's got a great vertical and great speed. He would bring a lot of athleticism to our special teams and secondary.

  6. #16
    Brewtal's Avatar
    Brewtal is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

    Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    This is Rice's 2nd season, not his first. 2nd he had 18 touched last season.
    Any thing is a break out season.
    You talk abot reaching and taking a WR but then you say take an OT. We will be drafting the 6th best player at that position at the 22nd pick. Do you really want to do that? Think about it! Taking the 6th player at a position at within the first 25 picks is reaching. No draft is that deep.
    I rather take the number 3 WR at 22.

    DT has no one worthy of the 22 pick.
    Saftey is a weak position this year.
    You best bet is to take a WR. Draft a top teir center with yoru 2nd(Mack or Unlger) and Brace with your 3rd rounder.
    Rice was injured and secondly he will finally have someone that can at least throw the ball.
    Tj is a complete joke at QB I have said it before and will again, he is at best an arena league player.
    His knees shake under pressure and has no confidence.
    [glow=red,2,300]Gus was an improvment[/glow], but he still was mediore at best.
    Sage is still a questionmark, but at least he has the balls to stay in the pocket, find a reciever even if he knows he is taking a hit.
    If you can't find a reciever when they are stacking the box to stop Peterson something is wrong.
    Not to be a douche but I stopped reading right there...

    I hope the Vikings take an athletic corner like Darius Butler.
    He's got a great vertical and great speed. He would bring a lot of athleticism to our special teams and secondary.
    Yes Gus is at least good enough to be a 2nd string in the NFL, TJ just straight up sucks.
    I never stated he was a good QB, HE WAS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER TJ.
    As you can see we actually starting getting Wins after he started.
    Regardles
    neither were very good.

  7. #17
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    [quote author=Brewtal link=topic=51485.msg935755#msg935755 date=1240121202]
    Rice was injuried but he is always injuried. Which means you can't depend on him beinh there. We draft a WR and at worst we end up looking like the Colts. Is having 3 Good WRS so wrong? RTs and Centers are easy to find with a 3rd and 2nd pick in the draft. We need to be able to put poiint on the board when our defense gets the ball for us. Everyone seems to want a passing game that is just good enough. I want one that will make oppoenents tremmble in fear. Why? Because there will be games when our running game is shot down and having an average passing game will result in an L. TIf the Pats had a great running game and still felt the need to upgrade their WR positions..who are we. Have you all not realize that all teams that are always in the championship chase build a great running game, defense and then upgrades to a potent passing game. Steelers, Giants, Pats, Colts, Chargers. The teams that are always hoping to get to the playoffs off of defense and running the ball.....Us, Jags, Titans, Ravens etc.

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    "V4L" wrote:
    Hell yah Kevon

    I would love to see

    1st- Nicks
    2nd- Unger
    3rd- Brace
    my guess is Unger and Brace won't be there in the second for us let alone the 3rd.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Brewtal" wrote:
    I will be shocked if we take a wr #1, it is not our most pressing need and as much as I can't stand Childass the one thing I think he does understand is the line needs to be fixed 1st.
    I know most of you have your heart set on a wr but they are just too risky as a number one pick wr and qb's are very often a bust.
    I see us taking an OT the first pick, one it is probably the our biggest need adn secondly it is usually a far safer pick then a young wr.
    I can already hear the the posts during the draft when we don't grab a wr with the 1st pick the board will be
    venmm all over the message boards.

    Rice will have his breakout season this year.
    People are too quick to call our players a bust after their 1st season, Rice will be good as well as Tyrell Johnson.
    This is Rice's 2nd season, not his first. 2nd he had 18 touched last season.
    Any thing is a break out season.
    You talk abot reaching and taking a WR but then you say take an OT. We will be drafting the 6th best player at that position at the 22nd pick. Do you really want to do that? Think about it! Taking the 6th player at a position at within the first 25 picks is reaching. No draft is that deep.
    I rather take the number 3 WR at 22.

    DT has no one worthy of the 22 pick.
    Saftey is a weak position this year.
    You best bet is to take a WR. Draft a top teir center with yoru 2nd(Mack or Unlger) and Brace with your 3rd rounder.
    So your completely writing on Sullivan and hoping Brace slips to the third?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Vikings draft countdown: What will be left?

    Don't fall in love with a position.
    Take BPA.
    If you have close grades on two different positions, then worry about immediate needs.

    Whether its a WR, OT, LB, CB, QB .... Take the best football player, that's what will help our team the most, not reaching for a position need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What will the Vikings do at Left DE
    By Mark_The_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 02:44 AM
  2. Best Prospects Left in Draft
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
  3. Vikings have a lot of work left to do
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 07:50 AM
  4. NFL Draft Countdown
    By DaVizzles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
  5. New 3 round mock from NFL Draft Countdown
    By chilifoot in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 04:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •