Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings discuss trade for Falcons backup Schaub

Give the Falcons our 2nd and 3rd round picks for him....and if they don't go for that, throw in Mike McMahon as icing on the cake.....

If we do that, we will still have one 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick...and to be honest, how will we afford to keep 9 rookies? It would only make sense to use those extra picks as trade bait....get somebody you actually know you can count on instead of some 50/50 shot that could turn out to be a Ryan Leaf or a Jim Drunkenmiller.....honestly, it does make sense...Shaub has proven that he has the skills....now lets do what it takes to get him...heck, he's 24...pretty much a draft pick age player anyways!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

I defidently am a fan of Schaub, however I dont know if I'd be ready to give up our first round pick for a player who hasnt started more than 2 games in a season.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the vikings dont want depth..they want their QB of the future!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Don't trade for him this year!!

Brad Johnson is good enough, and Schaub is a restricted free agent next year. Even if the 'poison pill' provisions are outlawed, it would be easy to configure a contract that Atlanta wouldn't match because we'd offer a contract that would pay him Starting-QB-money, and the Falcons would never be able to match that with Vick's $130 million, 10 year deal with £30 million guaranteed.

And that way, we'd only have to give up a Second-Round pick next year for him, and I don't think I'm the only one who hopes that we'll have a lower pick in the Second-Round next year than we do this year!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I like audioghost's idea.

give up one 2nd, and 2 3rd pics, or 2nd, 3rd, Mike.M and keep our 1,2,3 as they are.

We can still fill our holes, and sign decent rookies.. instead of trading a handfull of pics for one of the untested qb's.

that would be a solid choice if you ask me.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Benet" wrote:

Brad Johnson is good enough, and Schaub is a restricted free agent next year. Even if the 'poison pill' provisions are outlawed, it would be easy to configure a contract that Atlanta wouldn't match because we'd offer a contract that would pay him Starting-QB-money, and the Falcons would never be able to match that with Vick's $130 million, 10 year deal with £30 million guaranteed.

And that way, we'd only have to give up a Second-Round pick next year for him, and I don't think I'm the only one who hopes that we'll have a lower pick in the Second-Round next year than we do this year!
    You don't think he would ponds do ya? :smile:
    But i like your idea.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The only time I really watched Schaub play was when he was making our Defense look silly. I was VERY impressed with what he did.

However, looking back on that game, he got most of his yards on the ground (54) versus only 39 in the air. In fact, looking at his stats, he's looked "good", but hasn't exactly set the league on fire.

Is he worth a 1st? Maybe. Was Daunte? Not when we were trading him he wasn't. That arguement won't hold water. I'm more concerned with the idea of, "can we slot him in right away and win"? If so...it's worth it.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:

If we were going to do it. This would be the year to do so. We have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Next year we'll only have 3.

While it's true he will be a FA next year & also that we could offer more than Atlanta is willing to pay, it still doesn't stop other teams from outbidding us.

It is also true if we trade for him, he will still be a FA in a year. Unless we get him to sign a new contract & lock him in.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I can't believe all the people who are saying, "Don't give up a first round pick for him." So let me get this right, you'd rather use this first round pick to draft a unknown and unproven QB who might fall to #17 rather than use it to get a known commodity? Does that about sum it up?
    I like Benet's idea but it would mean we may not do too much this year if Johnson goes down.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I can't believe all the people who are saying, "Don't give up a first round pick for him." So let me get this right, you'd rather use this first round pick to draft a unknown and unproven QB who might fall to #17 rather than use it to get a known commodity? Does that about sum it up?
    I like Benet's idea but it would mean we may not do too much this year if Johnson goes down.
    I think Schaub is almost as unknown as a rookie. He's only started two games (0-2) and only played a substantial amount of time in 3 or 4 total.

I also think it would create a "quarterback controversy" and after all the stuff with Brad wanting to start ahead of Daunte earlier this offseason it would just set off a bad chain of events, IMO.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast