Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' defensive backups are standing out

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defensive backups are standing out[/size]

By Bruce Brothers
    [email protected]

Article Last Updated: 08/19/2008 12:12:37 AM CDT

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier says the Vikings' defense is on schedule after an impressive performance in the 23-15 exhibition victory over Baltimore....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' defensive backups are standing out

Thanks for the read my friend.

Brandon Sumrall made a heck of a play on an interception in that second half and did a great job on covering a punt," Frazier said. "He just broke through two guys who really were holding him, and he just refused to be blocked. He made some big plays for us
    Although I don't want to take anything away from the play(s) Sumrall made, how come the hacks always leave out the guy who really made the play happen? Without OTIS putting the pressure on the QB and making him throw that lob pass early and off target, Sumrall wouldn't had made that INT.

"We got out of our gaps and we saw the results from it, so hopefully that will get us back to what we preach all the time about run defense, and that's staying where you need to be and letting the play come to you."

Asked how he gets players to stay home in their gaps, Frazier said he understands their desire to want to make plays, but reminds them they need to be patient.

"You've just got to understand the team concept of defense, and it's a team defense as opposed to individuals," he said he tells them, adding, "If you're where you need to be, whether it's in pass coverage or run defense, the plays will come to you."
    In short, "Quit Freelancing" and "Play with in the scheme".
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Erin Henderson had a very impressive showing in that game as well as Sumrall.

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    You know that he's not in madden? It's bull I wanted to put him in next to EJ and rep MD and I dunno it woulda been cool to have 2bros killin it. Either do that or at least start putting him through the training camp and gettin his stats up, but noooooo.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:

Brandon Sumrall made a heck of a play on an interception in that second half and did a great job on covering a punt," Frazier said. "He just broke through two guys who really were holding him, and he just refused to be blocked. He made some big plays for us
    Although I don't want to take anything away from the play(s) Sumrall made, how come the hacks always leave out the guy who really made the play happen? Without OTIS putting the pressure on the QB and making him throw that lob pass early and off target, Sumrall wouldn't had made that INT.

"We got out of our gaps and we saw the results from it, so hopefully that will get us back to what we preach all the time about run defense, and that's staying where you need to be and letting the play come to you."

Asked how he gets players to stay home in their gaps, Frazier said he understands their desire to want to make plays, but reminds them they need to be patient.

"You've just got to understand the team concept of defense, and it's a team defense as opposed to individuals," he said he tells them, adding, "If you're where you need to be, whether it's in pass coverage or run defense, the plays will come to you."

;D

You forgot the most important quote.

Frazier added, "I'd dread to think what it would be like to have Tyrell and another rookie there with what we have ahead of us. It just means so much to us to have Sharper in our secondary with all of the experience that he has, plus the experience he has in this scheme."
    Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to throw him out the door.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:

Brandon Sumrall made a heck of a play on an interception in that second half and did a great job on covering a punt," [size=12pt]Frazier said.[/size] "He just broke through two guys who really were holding him, and he just refused to be blocked. He made some big plays for us

;D
    Frazier is a hack, eh?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    You know that he's not in madden? It's bull I wanted to put him in next to EJ and rep MD and I dunno it woulda been cool to have 2bros killin it. Either do that or at least start putting him through the training camp and gettin his stats up, but noooooo.
    Really!?
    I could have sworn I saw him in there.
    I could be mistaken though...
    ???

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

haha yeah I noticed that... I don't think he is in there but I may double check tonight.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Really!?
    I could have sworn I saw him in there.
    I could be mistaken though...

???
    If he makes the final squad they should add him right(via online roster update)?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

too bad they'll be sitting out most of the season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast