Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Vikings DE Battle: Edwards or Robison?

I'm gonna try and be respectful, but why are you guys putting Udeze into the mix? The guy wasn't too impress when he was 100% and now I can only wonder what he'll really offer anymore. If anything, it's going to take at least a year for him to return to his not too impressive form back then. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for him, but I don't think he'll be starting anytime soon.

Now as for who to start? I'm a big Robison fan because his pass rushing skills at times is JA-level, but Edwards has a better all around game. Edwards is no slouch at rushing the passer either, but he needs to get quicker. I have a feeling that this year Edwards will show what he can really do. Anywho, I don't care who starts really- just split the snaps 50/50 for both players (I think Robison deserves much more then a situational role player).
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

We got good Defensive Ends, if Udeze returns to the form prior to his sickness, he's a good player to have. Very strong in the run defense and has some pass rush capabilities off that certain End position. I wouldn't put Udeze at JA's End position but the other where Edwards plays is where Udeze can thrive.

Mentally Udeze seems to be in very good shape, it's going to take some time to get back but if he does and fast enough he could be apart of our defense. He's still very young and his case is unusuall but amazing people do amazing things. I'm rooting for him, he's already been working out for along time, he's got his body back.

Hard call to make. Robinson will never take a play off. i like him

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=52096.msg958496#msg958496 date=1245107080]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52096.msg958432#msg958432 date=1245092710]
    [quote author=V link=topic=52096.msg958261#msg958261 date=1245069955]
    Edwards all the way, and you can bring Robison ins as a situational pass rusher, just like last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Course Ole Leslie has to figure out how to rotate them.

He already figured it out last year.
    Yea right....Loved what he did in the GB and Colts game to start out the season.

Lets hope that it doesn't take him two games to figure out the rotation without the Wall in there for the first four games.
    The DL wasn't that bad in those two games, but even so, how does a lack of production indicate bad coaching or a bad rotation?

Answer: It doesn't.
    Never one to only count sacks as a indicator of effectiveness, however, for those two games, they faced two OL lines that were patched together with bandaids and dental floss.

Should've had a field day against them......alas, they didn't.

[/quote]

But you are assuming that was because of coaching, not execution. My question is why?
    [/quote]
    Didn't you hear, ......Its always the coaches fault, never the players.....At least thats what I get when I hack on the players for not executing on the Offensive side of the ball.

[/quote]

And you know that I haven't had serious problems with the playcalling since early 2007, so that argument is not going to work on me.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Lol Marr gettin smacked around

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Edwards all the way, and you can bring Robison ins as a situational pass rusher, just like last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Yea right....Loved what he did in the GB and Colts game to start out the season.

Lets hope that it doesn't take him two games to figure out the rotation without the Wall in there for the first four games.
    The DL wasn't that bad in those two games, but even so, how does a lack of production indicate bad coaching or a bad rotation?

Marr preaced that lack of sacks =/= lack of production. So why go against that now? The colts game had great production from our Dl. Lost uf hurries, and incompletes due to pressure.
    [/quote]
    I am not only talking about sacks.

Hell, if one really wanted to, one could almost use the "Anti Chiller" crowds, "They win despite him" montra in this case.......Long story short, we will find out what kindof coach he is when/if the Williams boys aren't there making him look good.

[/quote]

They did have a field day.

- A few int's
    -several hurries
    -Kept our offense starting regularly at or near the 50 yard line

The defense did everything except score the td's for the offense. The defense was spectacular for most of the game and long enough for the offense to put the dagger in, but they didn't and the defense finally got tired from too many 3 and outs because the QB couldn't convert a 3rd down.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    Whats new?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Marr preaced that lack of sacks =/= lack of production. So why go against that now? The colts game had great production from our Dl. Lost uf hurries, and incompletes due to pressure.
    [/quote]
    I am not only talking about sacks.

Hell, if one really wanted to, one could almost use the "Anti Chiller" crowds, "They win despite him" montra in this case.......Long story short, we will find out what kindof coach he is when/if the Williams boys aren't there making him look good.

[/quote]

They did have a field day.

- A few int's
    -several hurries
    -Kept our offense starting regularly at or near the 50 yard line

The defense did everything except score the td's for the offense. The defense was spectacular for most of the game and long enough for the offense to put the dagger in, but they didn't and the defense finally got tired from too many 3 and outs because the QB couldn't convert a 3rd down.
    [/quote]
    Check something out for me will ya?

How many points did this Defense score under Tomlin and how much does it score now under Leslie?
    How much has our pass defense improved since Tomlin left and Leslie got arguably the best Pass Rushing DE in the league?

Long story short, is our Defense better now under the Chiller than it has been for alot of years, hell yes.
    Could/should it be better?
    HELL YES.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52096.msg958915#msg958915 date=1245170620]

Never one to only count sacks as a indicator of effectiveness, however, for those two games, they faced two OL lines that were patched together with bandaids and dental floss.

Should've had a field day against them......alas, they didn't.

[/quote]

But you are assuming that was because of coaching, not execution. My question is why?
    [/quote]
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Didn't you hear, ......Its always the coaches fault, never the players.....At least thats what I get when I hack on the players for not executing on the Offensive side of the ball.
    [/size][/size][/size]
    [/quote]

And you know that I haven't had serious problems with the playcalling since early 2007, so that argument is not going to work on me.
    [/quote]
    You and me........We don't argue......We discuss.
    Sometimes our discussions let me spin it to make a point that I can poke in the eye of more that just the cat I am discussing with......

This is one of those instances...... ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Whats new?

;D

Happens to me all the time ha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234